Jason Peters watch

JCBoston

Finally, a brother in arms on my boy, Peters and the quality organization that is the Eagles. They are like the Bills that went to the Superbowl four years in a row and lost, but they went to the NFC championship and lost instead. Everyone knows the NFC is dominant so that game is pretty much the Superbowl anyway. As I understand a minute of commercial time during the NFC championship could pay for Peters to play like five minutes. That is an AWESOME ratio.

I mean, look at this:

Andy Reid went to the SUPERBOWL in 2005 with a 6-10 record. He had one win less than Jauron and went to the SUPERBOWL. Jauron has had a 7-9 record for three straight years and didn't make the SUPERBOWL once. Imagine what will happen with a talent like Peters. The Eagles have a 7-9 season virtually locked up which means they should WIN the SUPERBOWL this year.

You can't argue with facts like these. Thurman has told us the Eagles made the SUPERBOWL in 2005 with a 6-10 record. You don't think Peters gets them one more win and thus the championship? You are all on crack. I think Thurman and I are the only ones who understand football and being part of a team here.

You're so desperately trying for sarcasm that half of your post isn't understandable. But I got the rest.

You'd much rather trust the decisions of a team that has zero appearances this decade over a team that has 7 playoff appearances this decade. Right.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Focus on what Peters does on every snap tonight, compare and contrast it to what Bell did yesterday, and I just don't see a huge difference. Certainly not a $10M difference.

One difference might that Peters is playing on an injured ankle, gutting it out. Bell is healthy. Another might be that (without having seen the Philly game) Peters has allowed no sacks till this week, including against Peppers. Bell, on the other hand ...

Profootballfocus says

Peters has 2 sacks, 1 QB hits, and 3 pressures. The sacks both came today on the gimpy ankle. Tied for 6th best in the league, down from 2nd best when healthy.

Bell has 4 sacks, 2 hits, and 14 QB pressures. That ties him for 70th best in the league. Out of 71. On a positive note, he's moving up. Last week he was dead last.

I don't trust the sacks allowed counts anywhere 100%, but these guys don't charge a lineman if the QB holds the ball much too long, and if they're not sure who's at fault, they don't charge the guy. So they approach things better than the idiots who do the more quoted stat, who charge some OL with every sack, even if the QB held the ball for 10 seconds. Profootballfocus also doesn't take penalize much if they're not sure who was responsible for the sack. A much more realistic way of handling this almost impossible stat.

Again, I don't trust them 100%, but couldn't see the Philly game.

I'm not sure if this was sarcastic or not, but watching Bell snap for snap compared to Peters snap for snap this week, I don't see a big difference in their level of play. And Bell has only 6 starts and will get much better, while Peters has proven he will quit on you at some point.

Yeah, Peters quit in what season? His worst season, last year, when he improved tremendously as the year went along, so much so that the players voted him into the Pro Bowl by the end of the year? Or the other years, when he played sensationally?

What Peters has proved is that if he is one of the top two or three LTs in the league and you pay him as the 32nd best, he will get angry, and is willing to hold out. Far different from quitting.

The "salary max"? Could be $200M? No wonder you won't belabor this point any further. You didn't say anything about a "salary max." You said the Bills saved 10% on the salary CAP. Which is $138 million, not $200 million or $100 million.

I wouldn't belabor it any further either if I were you.

Stop perseverating on minutia, or being disingenuous with your arguments,Thurman. It will help your debating skills.

One difference might that Peters is playing on an injured ankle, gutting it out. Bell is healthy. Another might be that (without having seen the Philly game) Peters has allowed no sacks till this week, including against Peppers. Bell, on the other hand ...

Profootballfocus says

Peters has 2 sacks, 1 QB hits, and 3 pressures. The sacks both came today on the gimpy ankle. Tied for 6th best in the league, down from 2nd best when healthy.

Bell has 4 sacks, 2 hits, and 14 QB pressures. That ties him for 70th best in the league. Out of 71. On a positive note, he's moving up. Last week he was dead last.

I don't trust the sacks allowed counts anywhere 100%, but these guys don't charge a lineman if the QB holds the ball much too long, and if they're not sure who's at fault, they don't charge the guy. So they approach things better than the idiots who do the more quoted stat, who charge some OL with every sack, even if the QB held the ball for 10 seconds. Profootballfocus also doesn't take penalize much if they're not sure who was responsible for the sack. A much more realistic way of handling this almost impossible stat.

Again, I don't trust them 100%, but couldn't see the Philly game.

Peters injured? What a surprise. :thumbdown:

I am going to try and bring this saga to a merciful end.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who think it was a bad idea to lose Peters.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who regret losing Peters but feel the team had no choice.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who don't think much of Peters and are glad he is gone.

There are some people, not so good, not so normal, clearly irrational, who think anyone who disagrees with them

when it comes to Peters should be visciously attacked without so much as a nod to manners, civility or decency. I imagine most of them are either between the ages of 11 and 17 or have self esteem so astonishingly low that besting a stranger in an insult fight in an obscure web forum is the highlight of their day.

I agree with some of the people in the first three categories, disagree with others and certainly enjoy the discussion. The people in the last category should simply be ignored which I know can be difficult when someone is throwing verbal bombs at you but apathy is really the best policy, one I am trying to get hold of myself.

At this point, I don't think there are many people left discussing Peters that aren't either in the last category or fighting with those that are. Lets just all walk away.

I think your analysis is poor and rather self serving. It leads me to believe that your self esteem is so low that you feel the need to mandate your will on a message board full of anonymous strangers to feel better about yourself.

Also, some of us fall into a 4th group of just plain being immature and egging extremists on..

I think your analysis is poor and rather self serving. It leads me to believe that your self esteem is so low that you feel the need to mandate your will on a message board full of anonymous strangers to feel better about yourself.

Also, some of us fall into a 4th group of just plain being immature and egging extremists on..

Apparently, this group you speak of either can't read or can't count. :unsure: Mickey listed 4 groups.

And, he's spot on.

Stop perseverating on minutia, or being disingenuous with your arguments,Thurman. It will help your debating skills.

Get your facts right before you make statements. It will help your debating skills.

If you had not made the incorrect statement, or if you'd just said "Yeah, OK, I was wrong there, but ..." there would have been nothing for me to comment about.

Peters injured? What a surprise. :lol:

Hey Flbillsfan#1, I'm still waiting for your response to post #87 on this thread, in which I proved that I never said what you claimed I did. Your answer?

Not that I expect one. Your history is to disappear when called on this.

Hey Flbillsfan#1, I'm still waiting for your response to post #77 on this thread, in which you are caught in a lie or perhaps a horrible mistake. Your answer?

Not that I expect one. Your history is to run like a whipped dog.

Aren't you behind in your responses by about 50 posts as well?

Get busy, boy!

MUST...DEFEND....JASON....

I am going to try and bring this saga to a merciful end.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who think it was a bad idea to lose Peters.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who regret losing Peters but feel the team had no choice.

There are some people, good, normal, rational people, who don't think much of Peters and are glad he is gone.

There are some people, not so good, not so normal, clearly irrational, who think anyone who disagrees with them

when it comes to Peters should be visciously attacked without so much as a nod to manners, civility or decency. I imagine most of them are either between the ages of 11 and 17 or have self esteem so astonishingly low that besting a stranger in an insult fight in an obscure web forum is the highlight of their day.

I agree with some of the people in the first three categories, disagree with others and certainly enjoy the discussion. The people in the last category should simply be ignored which I know can be difficult when someone is throwing verbal bombs at you but apathy is really the best policy, one I am trying to get hold of myself.

At this point, I don't think there are many people left discussing Peters that aren't either in the last category or fighting with those that are. Lets just all walk away.

Ouch. You'e got me thinking, Mickey.

It's definitely true that there are reasonable people on both sides of this issue.

I do think of myself as providing reasoned response to the true haters, and I do wonder if it's worth doing, whether it's not all obvious to everyone. And I do enjoy reasoned discussion much more than the consistent attacks. And I do respond to attacks much too sharply.

You've got me thinking.

Get your facts right before you make statements. It will help your debating skills.

If you had not made the incorrect statement, or if you'd just said "Yeah, OK, I was wrong there, but ..." there would have been nothing for me to comment about.

Yeah, OK, I was wrong...for not making things as simple as possible for you, Thurman. Although I suspect you know EXACTLY what I'm saying, and are merely trying to obfuscate things by going off on pointless tangents in a vain attempt to support your theory that the Bills should have paid Peters $10M/year and see him fail to live up to his contract, while his salary/cap hit prevents the Bills from shoring-up other areas.

Hey Flbillsfan#1, I'm still waiting for your response to post #77 on this thread, in which I proved that I never said what you claimed I did. Your answer?

Not that I expect one. Your history is to disappear when called on this.

I already responded that I was not going to waste my time searching for it. I know what you said & so do you, If you forgot you can look it up yourself, I doubt ANYONE ELSE is interested.

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE:

Nov 15 OT Jason Peters sat out Sunday's loss to the Chargers with an ankle sprain. He is expected to play this week against Chicago.

link

It must be like making $16M a year if you count only the games he's actually played. I'm curious? Who gives up fewer sacks? Him or his backup? And what does that guy make?

PTR

Not taking sides but listening to Philly sports radio 610 WIP, host Howard Eskin, who is a douche, referred to Peters as the Pillsbury Dough Boy today. Couple of former Eagles on the radio said he has great talent but no heart. Questioned why he doesn't play hurt and compared him to Runyan , who would play while barely able to walk. Just thought I'd add what I heard today.

Jonas Jennings part deux.

Haha, that is funny...you are not even close. Peters actually has talent and has made the pro-bowl.

13 pages of posts about a guy you ALL hate...are we still in denial folks?

Keep finding bad things to point at Peters for...even if you have to make them up or exaggerate like many of you do.

Haha, that is funny...you are not even close. Peters actually has talent and has made the pro-bowl.

13 pages of posts about a guy you ALL hate...are we still in denial folks?

Keep finding bad things to point at Peters for...even if you have to make them up or exaggerate like many of you do.

A "franchise LT" isn't much good if he misses portions or whole games. Especially if the team loses. Hence the comparison to Jennings, who more than a few female canine'd about losing (except the Bills didn't get a 1st, 4th, and undisclosed pick in the following draft).

• 4 weeks later...