If Rush was buying our Bills instead of the Rams...

major

Would we have to wish the Bills would fail?

No, he'd be wishing the Patriots would fail.

You know, if you actually listen to his show at all, you'll know he's a commentator who uses satire with strong opinions about what he thinks is right and wrong. If he was a racist, he wouldn't have all the advertisers and make all the money he does, there'd be too many boycotts of his advertisers. That's the old standby now for anyone who criticizes anything now...you're either a racist or sexist or whatever.

With that said, he would be part of an ownership group and there's plenty of other types of wackos owning teams. Marge Schott was crazy and a true racist, Mark Cuban is a died in the wool (rich) leftist who has slammed the troops and said stupid stuff he's had to apologize for. J-Lo has a piece of the Phish, so there some rocket scientry there. I'm sure there's others.

If the ownership group he's a part of comes in and turns the franchise around, it doesn't matter and I'll bet you none of the players will be terribly upset. He's a football fanatic and I bet he'd try his best to make any team successful. On ESPN they ask a number of commentators and retired players about it and virtually all of them said it would be good for the Rams.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he'd be wishing the Patriots would fail.

You know, if you actually listen to his show at all, you'll know he's a commentator who uses satire with strong opinions about what he thinks is right and wrong. If he was a racist, he wouldn't have all the advertisers and make all the money he does, there'd be too many boycotts of his advertisers. That's the old standby now for anyone who criticizes anything now...you're either a racist or sexist or whatever.

I didn't say he was any of these things.

Farmers work for a living, and provide for a need world wide. They also provide for themselves.

Show me where I am saying the opposite. My point is, they are constantly getting the shaft from Monsanto and other major factory farming operations, which Rush Limbaugh blatantly supports because, to him, that's mere Capitalism.

Another elitist chimp.

Again with the elitist label. Someone explain how I am being elitist by arguing in favor of poor people voting for their right to survive instead of voting to keep prayer in schools or gays from being able to visit one another in the hospital.

Will it please the right wing watchdogs on this site to know that I abhor abortion?

I love how the very mention of Rush's name drives the libs nuts! That said, it's all about performance. If the team performed and the front office made sound decisions, who cares. As far as using it as a platform to spew political views, doesn't he already have an outlet for that?

I read this morning where current Rams players and fans were upset that Rush Limbaugh was one of the bidders for the Rams. If it was us, would you be upset?

Can't see him getting a team. Not after the "It's because Donovan McNabb is black" thing a few years ago. The NFL has already had a bellyfull of Rush.

It won't be the first time when someone with a fat head,and a pea sized brained owned a sports franchise.

I'm not so sure if any drug addicts have owned other sports franchises though.....

Well, there have been rumors about Jerry Jones putting things up his nose.

LINK: http://www.sportsrubbish.com/2009/09/20/fo...-stadium-video/

Fat head, pea brain, check, check.

If I was an oxycontin sales rep. or a "streets" pharmaceutical dealer, I would be ecstatic. If I was a butcher, baker, restaurant owner, fast food manager, etc. I would be overjoyed. If I owned a walk in humidor, I would be in Heaven. Or if I was a pencil-pecker GOP right-wing lunatic, I would be going apesh*t. But I am none of the above, so I would be vomiting. Thanks for asking.

That's right, because those bumbling farmers and country bumpkins are just a bunch of blank canvases, waiting for Rush to show them the way. :rolleyes:

Ummm...I don't think most farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

You strike me as the kind of elitist who assumes the salt of the earth middle American, church-going citizens are a bunch of Mayberry castoffs who couldn't find their pitchfork with a Garmin GPS navigation system. If that's your assumption, that's as ignoratnt as any ethnic or racial stereotype.

You want to see duped? Look no further than the ignoartant masses duped by our new messiah or the maliable Acorn recruits voting for their amzing leader, but who couldnt' even tell you who the VP candidate was.

You wanna see some real dumbasses?......click here:

Good for you for responding to this uneducated ingrate. Blank canvas? Wow, if this blowhard believes farmers and people who live in the country are the only ones who have conservatives beliefs, then who's the sheep?

Hell, I'd be happy with any owner that would keep the Bills in Buffalo.

But I love all the whiners here who get their panties in a bunch at the very mention of this guys' name. Who really gives a damn what he says on the radio?

It's a free country and if he has the right just like anyone else to own a team if he has the cash. If he was able to make our team better I have no problem with it. I find it funny that NFL players have the nerve to pass judgement on him when half of them seem to have some sort of criminal record. His money is green as well and as long as they can cash their bloated checks then just shut up and thank your over paid lucky ass that you have this great life. Sanctimonious morons.

haha - So I guess your an angry band geek? What are you doing in a sports forum? Oh that's right, you can be as tough as you want on the internet.

Hey, Four-toe. That "whooshing" sound was the point going over your head. Learn not to duck next time. Let me put it in simple words with only a few syllables each.

"Money-is-Everything-Winning-Is-Everything" is wonderful when YOU'RE the one winning. Where I come from, however, there's only ONE winner. When you're NOT the one winning, you'd better get ready to snorfel in the backwash of your much-richer competitor. I don't care what you think of Jerry Jones or Ralph Wilson (actually, to be honest, I don't care much about what you think of anything). But the facts on the ground are that Dallas is a much larger and more lucrative metro market than is Buffalo. Forty years ago? Well, maybe not. But you weren't here forty years ago. Maybe forty IQ points ago, but that's where you got hung up. In today's world, a rapacious (oh, damn, lots of syllables) me-first owner in a major metro market turns the Bills into the Pittsburgh Pirates and Milwaukee Bucks of the NFL. Steps have to be taken to level the playing field, or 'Poof", unbridled egotistic capitalism will change it for you.

Too many words with too many letters?

I read this morning where current Rams players and fans were upset that Rush Limbaugh was one of the bidders for the Rams. If it was us, would you be upset?

Trust me - Rush is NOT going to get a team. At the end of the day, too many players will refuse to play for him. This will end as a potential labor issue. There are some ramifications in life to making your living as a politial and racial lightning rod. It AIN'T gonna happen.

Great point. Considering his comments in the past such as:

(to a black caller) ''Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"

and ''Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

I wonder how free agents would respond to coming to a team owned by him.

My guess is money talks and they would come, but at a premium.

You are SO right. The NFL is more afraid of that kind of sandal/publicity than you can imagine. Don't tell me that organized players can't affect where they play (ever heard of Manning and Elway). I hope the NFL tries it and it will become a bigger nightmare than they could ever imagine.

I love how the very mention of Rush's name drives the libs nuts! That said, it's all about performance. If the team performed and the front office made sound decisions, who cares. As far as using it as a platform to spew political views, doesn't he already have an outlet for that?

It is not going to perform because too many players will refuse the play - this is an idea whose time will NOT come to pass.

"Some current Rams players and fans are upset...." Oh Boo Hoo. Rush Limbaugh is a right wing conservative, and its' way more "popular" to be on the left these days. Who cares when it comes to owning an NFL sports franchise? Does any fan of any other team - or even players from any other team - even know enough about their current owners to know where they stand politically?? I have heard a ton of negative things said about our Bills owner Ralph Wilson. But not once have I ever heard any fan or player get upset with his views on the war or health care! :DB-)

No, rush is a right-wing, conservative LIAR, CRIMINAL, HATER OF THE U.S. CONSTITUTION, STICK IN THE MUD, HOUSE SITTER ABUSER and OVERALL PUSHER IN NON-PRODUCTIVE ATTITUDES. The William Buckleys of the world cringe when this baffoon hits the air. He is not a conservative, he is a dangerous blowhard trying hard to move America back to a time that no longers exists. He is sad, pathetic and dangerous and he is NOT going to get a team - the NFL doesn't need to hassle.

Rush is a piece of **** in the world.. .a complete embarassment to humanity itself....

I don't think the NFL should let him own a team based purely on his strong political views which would alienate many fans.

If Rush bought the Bills I'd shoot the muther !@#$er and do my time...