Is anyone gonna watch the UFL?

Major Mud

Losman was 10-23 as a starter. Edwards is 13-14 as a starter. Losman's winning % is 12 points lower than Jauron's. Why does this fact escape you?

I'm done with this. Except for 5 games or so, he was a really bad NFL QB. He could threw for 9 million tds in a league of has beens and never was. It doesn't matter. He failed as a Bills' QB and that's all that matters.

I'm sorry, but I could have sworn you said the Trent "has won a lot more games than JP" :lol: , but let me check again...

He ain't do great but he is a better QB than Losman. Even if TE flames out, he will have a 10 year career as a good backup QB. He has better #s across the board and won a lot more games than JP. There really is no comparison.

Yep, I was right - that's exactly what you said. :doh:

Now let me check something else...

Um....er.... 13 - 10 = 3

Yep, three. I was pretty sure that THREE was the difference betwen Trent's # of wins and JP's # of wins, but just wanted to double-check my math.

Now, if you want to introduce win-loss percentages into this discussion after-the-fact, well that's fine - just let's wait to see what Trent's W-L percentage is at the end of this season, if he makes it that far.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one of those guys had 5 years in the league & got tossed out as garbage like JP did. So your analogy listing undrafted free agents vs guy who flamed out of the NFL is beyond pointless. By the way, the only reason Moon went undrafted was because he was too much of a coward to try to prove himself in an NFL camp, and signed with the CFL before the NFL draft. Also you can't blame racism since Doug Williams was taken in the 1st round the same year Moon skipped the NFL draft. Since you are analogy challenged, let me help you along-the guy you hope that JP turns out to be is Flutie, who came back to the NFL after being banished to Canada. The only way JP Losman emerges as one of the better QBs in the NFL 2 years from now is if Mark Sanchez changes his name to JP Losman.

My point was simply that GMs are not infallible in their evaluation of talent, and the fact that that point escapes you does not mean it escapes everyone else - it just means that you need to work a little harder at understanding simple concepts.

My point was simply that GMs are not infallible in their evaluation of talent, and the fact that that point escapes you does not mean it escapes everyone else - it just means that you need to work a little harder at understanding simple concepts.

Yes they are all wrong about JP, but you are right, right.

That's a pretty good 'rule of thumb', generally speaking, but we'll just have to wait and see - it's certainly starting to look like I'm right about Trent Edwards. :doh:

You likely are, that does make JP any better though.

Sorry I can't be as simple minded as you. I got the concept, but it made no sense because you used such a poor analogy.

Apples & oranges, my self proclaimed simple minded friend.

They both played against WORSE Teams.

Your excuse making is just getting silly now. The only games Losman played well in were against the worst teams in the league.

I wonder are there still Lions' fans pining over Harrington or Browns' fans wondering if Couch was snort changed. He was bad and played himself out of the league. Edwards may not be a starter after this season but he will remain in the league. Move on.

Your excuse making is just getting silly now. The only games Losman played well in were against the worst teams in the league.

I wonder are there still Lions' fans pining over Harrington or Browns' fans wondering if Couch was snort changed. He was bad and played himself out of the league. Edwards may not be a starter after this season but he will remain in the league. Move on.

Let's not loose focus. We are talking about Trent's struggles and the fact that he doesn't beat teams with BETTER than a .500 record. Last I checked JP isn't waiting on the bench to sub in for Trent. Trent may or may not be on a bench somewhere in the league in 2010, but who cares?!?!?!?!

Are we really discussing the minutia of which one was even MORE inadequate?

I'll be able to move on when Trent is on the bench and we get to see what we have in Fitz, get a good free agent or start fresh in the draft with the early pick we are well on our way to earning.

Let's not loose focus. We are talking about Trent's struggles and the fact that he doesn't beat teams with BETTER than a .500 record. Last I checked JP isn't waiting on the bench to sub in for Trent.

Oh, I thought this was a UFL / JP sucks thread.

Oh, I thought this was a UFL / JP sucks thread.

YA...what Flbillsfan#1 just said!!!...LOL

But seriously. Unsuccessful attempt to be a smart ass. As you well know in a thread the topics shift and change, real agendas are revealed and other facets of the discussion are brought up. Where we were at the time in the discussion was discussing a QBs win loss record which is more of a function of the team they are on than their individual performance. We were also exposing the fact that Mr Edwards percentage wise better than Losman win/loss record is misleading due to the fact that Trent doesn't beat teams with better than .500 records.

I'm neither pro this guy or pro that guy.. I think they've both been mishandled by the coaching staff - JP in particular when considering Mularkey's in/out as the starter. If I had to choose between two QBs that equally can't seem to get the job done, regardless of the reason, I'm choosing the QB that looks down the field and throws bombs. If you're gonna fail, fail big. It was DISGUSTING to see Trent throw a 2 yard pass on 4th and 23 and a 3 yard pass on 4th and 18 in subsequent games. Through my research of Trent and realizing that he never once was overly successful in college, coupled with the fact that he averaged 155 yds/game passing in college, makes me desire JP Losman moreso than Trent. Trent will NEVER be an aggressive playmaking QB. However much you hate him, Losman at times, was just that...

My opinion of Trent is not rising.

Sure, he is playing behind perhaps the worst OTs ever assembled, but I am not going to emulate the JP love children and spend years making excuses.

Imo, the biggest difference between Trent and JP is that Trent might suck. JP is a proven garbage quarterback, arm strength and all. He is every bit the loser that Jauron is. When Jauron is fired, nobody will hire him because he sucks.

Hello JP Losman.

Sure, he is playing behind perhaps the worst OTs ever assembled, but I am not going to emulate the JP love children and spend years making excuses.

Imo, the biggest difference between Trent and JP is that Trent might suck. JP is a proven garbage quarterback, arm strength and all. He is every bit the loser that Jauron is. When Jauron is fired, nobody will hire him because he sucks.

Hello JP Losman.

You talkin' about this season's OTs, Bill, or last season's when 'Trenters' had uber-mensch Jason 'FatSlob' Peters protecting his blind-side, and Langston Walker on the other side?

(IIRC, JP had a pretty bad O-line too, that you & everyone used to complain about back then as much as you do now, only in JP's case it an 'excuse' - whereas in Trentie's case, it's apparently a justification. :unsure: )

Hello JP Losman.

This.

After it's obvious that a player truly sucks, it stops being about the player and more about the assclowns who can't accept reality... look at all the JP threads the past couple days, the biggest tools on this board are still defending him. Just like the Bledsoe apologists and the RJ apologists before JP (a lot of the same posters :unsure: ), some things never change. Trent is well on his way to joining the Truly Suck club, and if/once he is there, Trent apologists who can't let it go won't be any different.

This.

After it's obvious that a player truly sucks, it stops being about the player and more about the assclowns who can't accept reality... look at all the JP threads the past couple days, the biggest tools on this board are still defending him. Just like the Bledsoe apologists and the RJ apologists before JP (a lot of the same posters :unsure: ), some things never change. Trent is well on his way to joining the Truly Suck club, and if/once he is there, Trent apologists who can't let it go won't be any different.

First of all ... assclowns - hilarious.

Secondly, you said it perfectly. If everyone posting here is a Bills fan, then everyone should agree that every QB since Kelly has sucked. Many of them tried their damndest. But all of them sucked just the same. ALL of them.