Is anyone gonna watch the UFL?

Major Mud

JP Losman looked allot better last night then TE has lately. Fossil has been working with JP's mechanics and you could already see improvement.

I'm not so sure the Bills could even beat the Loco's. (Loco's offense looked better than the Bills offense)

Um, it was minor league football.

But you right. Loco's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pats

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's post like this that turn me into a "Losman hater." They contain no facts and are just filled with nonsense.

I liked the guy and wanted him to succeed but talk about revisionist history. He had about 5 good games and was mainly below average for the rest of his career. He is in the place he should be.

Because your ad nauseam posts of JP sucks are filled with so many facts and make so much sense, right

Guest dog14787
Um, it was minor league football.

But you right. Loco's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pats

Never said the Loco's could beat the Pat's, but they might beat one of the worse teams in the NFL, the Buffalo Bills.

Good ball game by the way, I hope the league catches on to give the NFL a decent minor league.

Because your ad nauseam posts of JP sucks are filled with so many facts and make so much sense, right

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaTr01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LosmJ.00.htm

http://www.nfl.com/players/j.p.losman/game...amp;season=2006

Losman's starting record is 10-23. Bot Holcomb & Edwards had much better records with the same teams. 2 coaching staffs benched him, including Mularkey who helped Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Matt Ryan have career seasons. Looking at his game log from his "breakout" 2006 season, there are about 4 (and that's really stretching it) quality NFL starts.

For the last time, I like Losman but realized in 2007, he isn't a NFL quality starter and is a borderline NFL QB. Edwards is struggling but he is better than JP and at the absolute worst will be a backup QB for years to come. But the Losman fan boys are jsut so insane with their assistance that he is somehow wronged and there is a conspiracy by the NFL to keep him out of the league.

good luck to JP. He liked Buffalo and seemed like a good guy. But he wasn't good enough to make it. Sorry.

He ain't do great but he is a better QB than Losman. Even if TE flames out, he will have a 10 year career as a good backup QB. He has better #s across the board and won a lot more games than JP. There really is no comparison.

Captain Checkdown has won "a lot more games than JP" ???? Really?????

I've got 'Trenters' down as having 13 wins (and 14 losses) as a Bills starting QB, and JP with 12 wins - maybe someone can verify those #'s, and maybe someone else can verify whether 1 win constitutes "a lot more wins than JP" :doh:

Never said the Loco's could beat the Pat's, but they might beat one of the worse teams in the NFL, the Buffalo Bills.

Good ball game by the way, I hope the league catches on to give the NFL a decent minor league.

i like your posts for the most part and you seem like a good guy. but this statement is flat out dumb and I hope you seriously don't think this.

Guest dog14787

Losman's starting record is 10-23. Bot Holcomb & Edwards had much better records with the same teams. 2 coaching staffs benched him, including Mularkey who helped Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and Matt Ryan have career seasons. Looking at his game log from his "breakout" 2006 season, there are about 4 (and that's really stretching it) quality NFL starts.

For the last time, I like Losman but realized in 2007, he isn't a NFL quality starter and is a borderline NFL QB. Edwards is struggling but he is better than JP and at the absolute worst will be a backup QB for years to come. But the Losman fan boys are jsut so insane with their assistance that he is somehow wronged and there is a conspiracy by the NFL to keep him out of the league.

good luck to JP. He liked Buffalo and seemed like a good guy. But he wasn't good enough to make it. Sorry.

One bad play call cost JP a career in the NFL in my opinion. (even as a backup)

A play call our Moron head coach takes credit for I might add.

Everyone can argue the JP facts and Trent facts all day long, but for as much as JP sucked, the only hard facts are his statistics in the 2006 season, it doesnt matter who he played, why he played the way he played, who Trent has faced, what the weather was like, who from other teams were injured..........and so on....the fact of the matter is he had a decent to good year when all was said and done, something which im still waiting for Trent to do, even with another weapon like TO on the team and two very good RBS at his disposal........and i know.......the line sucks....

Guest dog14787
I take it you didn't want the Miami, SF, and the entire Jets game besides that play. He was about as bad as I have ever seen a NFL QB. Ryan Leaf/ Akili Smith bad.

JP regressed with Buffalo, no doubt about it, but in just a short time Fossil has JP looking and throwing with more confidence then he ever did minor league or not.

SOOO...What stats in there prove your point? Trent and JP both averaged 1 TD and 1 INT a game? If one sucks so does the other!!!! At LEAST I can say one thing for JP. His single best year beats Trent's single best year:

Losman 3051yds 19tds 14ints (16 games)

Edwards 2699yds 11tds 10ints (14 games)

I can buy the argument that JP wasn't the guy. But it is completely ridiculous to say that Trent who hasn't performed as well and can't beat teams with above a .500 record IS. That's just crazy.

Guest dog14787
i like your posts for the most part and you seem like a good guy. but this statement is flat out dumb and I hope you seriously don't think this.

No, but I had to say it. :doh:

Come on now, Biscuit - the statement's not all that far-fetched, particularly when you take into account that Jauron is coaching the Bills :doh:

I take it you didn't want the Miami, SF, and the entire Jets game besides that play. He was about as bad as I have ever seen a NFL QB. Ryan Leaf/ Akili Smith bad.

So J.P looking bad in a couple of games leads to you comparing him to Ryan Leaf?? Nice try...but you failed. Did you even watch the Cleveland game last year or the Miami game this year?? Trent was terrible. If your going to try and say Losman is a terrible QB just because of a couple of bad games, how can you still defend Trent?

Not to mention...(starting at least 8 games)

Leaf's best season.........8 GS 1,883 yds, 5.8 avg, 50% Comp%, 11 TDs, 18 INts, 56.2 Rat.

Losman's best season...16 GS 3,051 yds, 7.1 avg, 62% Comp%, 19 TDs, 14 INTs, 84.9 Rat.

So J.P looking bad in a couple of games leads to you comparing him to Ryan Leaf?? Nice try...but you failed. Did you even watch the Cleveland game last year or the Miami game this year?? Trent was terrible. If your going to try and say Losman is a terrible QB just because of a couple of bad games, how can you still defend Trent?

Not to mention...(starting at least 8 games)

Leaf's best season.........8 GS 1,883 yds, 5.8 avg, 50% Comp%, 11 TDs, 18 INts, 56.2 Rat.

Losman's best season...16 GS 3,051 yds, 7.1 avg, 62% Comp%, 19 TDs, 14 INTs, 84.9 Rat.

And 2005 which was JP's 'worst' season stats-wise:

8 GS, 113-228-1340 yards, 50% completion, 8 TDs, 8 INTs, rating = 65

It could be true. Other than that the guy played mistake free, winning football. The fact that 32 GMs wanted no part of him is sheer either coincidence, ot that 1 bad play.
I question this statement again, how do you know that? I can't refute it but I can't confirm it.