Levy Backs Jauron

Rico

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70837

"We interviewed six coaches... all good candidates at the time.. and we felt... Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick... and it's not over...they're reeling... the Bills best chance in my opinion is to go forth with the way Dick Jauron will coach the team... I believe Dick Jauron has the type of character and will convey that to the players on this team that will give them the best chance to rebound."

:beer:

In Marv's defense, I do think Jauron was the right coach at the time they chose him to turn around the franchise from the stinking pit of the Greggo/Mularkey years into something more respectable.

I also thought "After three seasons' time, when they've had about a .500 winning percentage, Jauron will have to go." Because while Jauron knows how to compete, which was what the Bills needed to be taught three years ago, he doesn't know how to win, which is what they need now.

So Marv...sorry to say, while your point may have been valid three years ago, it sure as hell isn't now.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"We interviewed six coaches... all good candidates at the time.. and we felt... Mr. Wilson and I felt at the time that we'd move forth with Dick... and it's not over...they're reeling... the Bills best chance in my opinion is to go forth with the way Dick Jauron will coach the team... I believe Dick Jauron has the type of character and will convey that to the players on this team that will give them the best chance to rebound."

Who cares how they "interviewed"? Its what happens on the field that counts. Perhaps Levy is not too good of an interviewer...

If you hire someone who you think is gonna be awesome and they end up sucking, you just say "Well they were the best interview" and keep them there? I don't even understand where how he interviewed is even relevant to the conversation anymore...he has had 3+ years here and has done next to nothing with them...

People make poor hiring decisions every day. Either fix the problem once you have identified it, or do nothing, those are your options...

Levy LOST 4 super bowls because he couldn't control his players. We seem to forget that he was completely out coached in the 1st, it shouldn't even have come down to Norwood's kick.

I frankly don't care what he thinks any more.

Thank you Mike. Thanks very much for this post.

Re: Marv, why does it take nearly 4 years after his hiring and 2 since he retired for some fans to realize it was a PR gimmick to sell tickets. RW didn't want to hire someone he didn't know, and Marv wanted back in. No one wanted Marv as GM, which is eerily reminiscent of the TO acquisition. The Bills found name people who were able to generate some excitement in the franchise.

Gimmicks do not cover up the gaping hole in management from owner to GM to HC. Because those are the people, specifically GM and HC, who find players. And that 53 man roster is woefully lacking at so many positions.

In Marv's defense, I do think Jauron was the right coach at the time they chose him to turn around the franchise from the stinking pit of the Greggo/Mularkey years into something more respectable.

I also thought "After three seasons' time, when they've had about a .500 winning percentage, Jauron will have to go." Because while Jauron knows how to compete, which was what the Bills needed to be taught three years ago, he doesn't know how to win, which is what they need now.

So Marv...sorry to say, while your point may have been valid three years ago, it sure as hell isn't now.

Gotta disagre Tom. Levy was not wanted in the NFL in any capacity in 06. He was too old, and long since past his prime. Only Ralph would have hired someone this old, unquallified and incompetent.

Not only did Levy hire a horrible coach that no other team would have possibly wanted, he botched the 06 draft in which we had many prime picks. In fact, he gave away a pick to take McCargo, and devoted 3 of his first 4 picks to the secondary, shunning trade down offers in this idiotic process. All this while both lines sucked. Signings such as Triplett and Dockery were insult to injury.

You can try, but there isn't a way to validate bringing Levy back to Buffalo.

Gotta disagre Tom. Levy was not wanted in the NFL in any capacity in 06. He was too old, and long since past his prime. Only Ralph would have hired someone this old, unquallified and incompetent.

Not only did Levy hire a horrible coach that no other team would have possibly wanted, he bothched the 06 draft in which we had many prime picks. In fact, he gave away a pick to take McCargo, and devoted 3 of his first 4 picks to the secondary, shunning trade down offers in this idiotic process. All this while both lines sucked. Signings such as Triplett and Dockery were insult to injury.

Don't forget the Nate Clements fiasco. :beer:

Not only did Levy hire a horrible coach that no other team would have possibly wanted, he botched the 06 draft in which we had many prime picks. In fact, he gave away a pick to take McCargo, and devoted 3 of his first 4 picks to the secondary, shunning trade down offers in this idiotic process. All this while both lines sucked. Signings such as Triplett and Dockery were insult to injury.

well said

Don't forget the Nate Clements fiasco. :beer:

Remember the "would you rather have NC or Dockery and Walker" posts?

Keeping Nate would have allowed them to use future picks on players that added to the roster, and weren't replacing departed UFAs.

Six guys?!!! Six f'ing guys?! C'mon. Seven-Eleven interviews more people than that while looking for people to dispense Slurpies. WTF? That's not a coaching search. What the hell kind of effort is that -- 6 guys? Unreal.

:wallbash:

Marv should stick to writing books.