Have the Bills Quit on Jauron?

Spun

On the radio coverage of MNF last night, Esiason said the Bills have quit on Jauron. I have only seen the collapse against the Pats in week 1, so I can't tell if they quit (just from from what I have read and heard). The blowouts have been ugly but quitting on the coach four games in? IF the lines get it together and IF the qb settles down they could turn it around (or at least win a few?). I know some want a total collapse to get a coaching and GM change but I am not so sure the Bills have quit.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the radio coverage of MNF last night, Esiason said the Bills have quit on Jauron. I have only seen the collapse against the Pats in week 1, so I can't tell if they quit (just from from what I have read and heard). The blowouts have been ugly but quitting on the coach four games in? IF the lines get it together and IF the qb settles down they could turn it around (or at least win a few?). I know some want a total collapse to get a coaching and GM change but I am not so sure the Bills have quit.

I agree. They haven't looked the same since N.O. got the ball back with about 7min to go when we played the Saints. TE has NO confidence and EVERYBODY on offense seems to reflect this. Hard for the defense to stay interested when they're constantly on the field, playing with 1 starting DB, and already thin at LB.

I NEVER thought I'd agree with anything Esiason says but I do here.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know if it's quitting on your coach or your coach quitting on your team but when you here quotes like this:

"More than a few players felt that their play was lacking passion and intensity."

“It seemed like we were a little flat,” said Williams.

“I know late in that fourth quarter I definitely got relaxed... ,” said Jonathon Scott.

Source bb.com

Either way it's pretty pathetic to read comments like this from the players. Apparently, not only do the players have no problem giving up on a game, but they have no problem letting everyone know they quit. :cry:

The defense definitely quit in the New Orleans game as soon as Jauron decided to punt with 7:16 on the clock and the Bills trailing by 10. That might have been the defining moment of the Bills season and Jauron's tenure as HC.

that call was definitely a watershed event. it turned me off to the bills and harshly against a coach for the first time ever.

I think it depends on how you define "quit". I don't think players are making a consious decision to not play as hard as they can. However, when a team doesn't have faith in what the coach is doing it affects their confidence level and they don't play with the same intesnity, and I think that's what's happened to the bills. Sorry C.Biscuit, but even with all the injuries, the dolphins without pennington or porter aren't 4 touchdowns better than the bills talentwise.

I don't know if it's quitting on your coach or your coach quitting on your team but when you here quotes like this:

"More than a few players felt that their play was lacking passion and intensity."

“It seemed like we were a little flat,” said Williams.

“I know late in that fourth quarter I definitely got relaxed... ,” said Jonathon Scott.

Source bb.com

Either way it's pretty pathetic to read comments like this from the players. Apparently, not only do the players have no problem giving up on a game, but they have no problem letting everyone know they quit. :w00t:

Why shouldn't they relax, and why should they worry about consequences? Apparently, there are none!!!! :cry:

The defense definitely quit in the New Orleans game as soon as Jauron decided to punt with 7:16 on the clock and the Bills trailing by 10. That might have been the defining moment of the Bills season and Jauron's tenure as HC.

They quit on him 7 games into the 2008 season

Jury's still out on this one in my mind.

It kind of looked that way against the Fish. I don't think the defense quit after the 4th and 1 punt as much as the D wore down and flat out got beat by one of the best offenses in the NFL finally after 3 1/2 quarters.

I've seen really good teams come out flat and get killed by an inferior opponent many times. Happens alot. If we get drubbed again by the Clowns with lackluster play, then I'll start to think that that may indeed be the case.

The 4th and 1 punt against the Saints is when the players finally quit on Jauron

Don't know if the players did, but that's when most of the remaining fans -- the ones who weren't already apoplectic about Ralph's decision to retain him -- gave up once and for all.