Have the Bills Quit on Jauron?

Spun

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the radio coverage of MNF last night, Esiason said the Bills have quit on Jauron. I have only seen the collapse against the Pats in week 1, so I can't tell if they quit (just from from what I have read and heard). The blowouts have been ugly but quitting on the coach four games in? IF the lines get it together and IF the qb settles down they could turn it around (or at least win a few?). I know some want a total collapse to get a coaching and GM change but I am not so sure the Bills have quit.

I absolutely thought that the players have quit in the 3rd Q of the Miami game. It did not look like they were even trying to make plays. Save for Kelsay, Schobel and Parrish, pretty much everyone was going through the motions. Owens' head was hanging so low he could have choked himself on his shoe laces.

The players general demeanor, the look in their eyes, their effort (or lack thereof) indicated that the team just does not believe it can win. And this was against the (then) winless Dolphins. I was absolutely certain that 'things' would be shaken up this week following that utter debacle but not surprisingly nothing appears to have changed.

Here's my take.....

The players play hard until we get behind by 7 or more. Then as with all bad teams with bad QB's, the team has little or no faith that Edwards can bring them back so they go threw the motions.

Quit I think is too strong of a word.

Having little faith that your offense can get the job done is the main source of the problem.

The defense does not trust the offense at this point and can you blame them?

Here's my take.....

The players play hard until we get behind by 7 or more. Then as with all bad teams with bad QB's, the team has little or no faith that Edwards can bring them back so they go threw the motions.

Having little faith that your offense can get the job done is the main source of the problem.

I'd say it's the biggest problem for the defense. They come out and play their arses off for 3 quarters, but wear down because the offense isn't doing anything. Continual pressure on them to keep performing has to physically and mentally wear on them.

I just think Jauron has lost control of this team. The 4th & 1 punt isn't as much the defining moment as it is a signature moment in the Jauron tenure, which has been littered by horrible on-field decisions. No matter how much confidence the players have in themselves, a call like that sends a message (albeit unintentional) that the coach doesn't think they can get that yard.

Imagine your boss handing a promotion to someone else, knowing full well that you're qualified and deserve it. Wouldn't that lessen your motivation to work for that boss?

Why would anyone put any stock in what Esiason has to say? He's not that bright, and probably knows very little about what's going on here. He's basically talking out of his arse, as far as I can tell. Of course, there's the old blind squirrel adage, and it might be true in this case. But he certainly doesn't have any special insight.

Guest dog14787

Trent Edwards made a comment post game that to me characterizes our head coach. Come with solutions, don't come with questions is what DJ is telling his players. Doesn't sound like much does it, but think about it, Come with solutions, don't come with questions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what a coach does, he comes up with solutions. He answers the question of why something will and will not work. He Comes up with the schemes and all the right plays at all the right times because thats what a coach does and then players execute.

Telling your players to be part of the solution and not part of the problem I can understand, but don't ask your players to do your job which is to answer those questions.

I've seen enough and heard enough of DJ's coaching to last me a lifetime.

I'm repeating my post because I want folks to understand. Its not about quitting or playing hard for their coach, its about having the right answers. Trent Edwards Post game interview gave everyone an inside look and feel for what went on after the Dolphins game when Dick Jauron addressed the players. It also gave you an inside feel for what once was a very confident and intelligent QB at the starting position.

We have a timid, lost looking coach and that's exactly what we get on the field. As long as we have a glorified DB coach running this football team we will never, I repeat never be playoff caliber and there's nothing DJ can do about it,

and the only answer is change...

Here's my take.....

Dude,

I totally agree with your assessment. Early in the game, we had the big punt return. 1st down on Miami 46. Great field position. 3 plays and we gain 5 yards. Fourth down, and we get set to punt. Miami jumps offsides. We have a first down on the Miami 36. Another 3 plays gains ONLY 5 yards. We than miss the long field goal. With that kind of field position and a free first down. The offense has to take advantage of it and score 7. We do nothing. This is just pathetic. Edwards looks like a bad rookie on the field. His demeanor, his actions show no confidence or gameplan in his mind about what he is trying to accomplish. He has no feel whatsoever for the game around him. I believe all his teammates feel that way and have no confidence that he will get it done. When you see that every week from your QB, I believe it is hard to play at 110%.

Looking at the defense. Do we have any DT's that are above average? And we have one LB who should start in the NFL. And he is injured. Ellison and Buggs should not be on NFL rosters period. And why did we not bring in another veteran at safety instead of drafting Byrd. We could have than addressed DT in the second round or OT. Management has left this team unbelievably short at many positions. It is a crime. Especially with how poor our starting QB is.

I believe it will all get blown up after another pitiful performance against Cleveland. Because right now, I am sure they are licking their chops to play us.

Dude,

I totally agree with your assessment. Early in the game, we had the big punt return. 1st down on Miami 46. Great field position. 3 plays and we gain 5 yards. Fourth down, and we get set to punt. Miami jumps offsides. We have a first down on the Miami 36. Another 3 plays gains ONLY 5 yards. We than miss the long field goal. With that kind of field position and a free first down. The offense has to take advantage of it and score 7. We do nothing. This is just pathetic. Edwards looks like a bad rookie on the field. His demeanor, his actions show no confidence or gameplan in his mind about what he is trying to accomplish. He has no feel whatsoever for the game around him. I believe all his teammates feel that way and have no confidence that he will get it done. When you see that every week from your QB, I believe it is hard to play at 110%.

Looking at the defense. Do we have any DT's that are above average? And we have one LB who should start in the NFL. And he is injured. Ellison and Buggs should not be on NFL rosters period. And why did we not bring in another veteran at safety instead of drafting Byrd. We could have than addressed DT in the second round or OT. Management has left this team unbelievably short at many positions. It is a crime. Especially with how poor our starting QB is.

I believe it will all get blown up after another pitiful performance against Cleveland. Because right now, I am sure they are licking their chops to play us.

I thing Marcus is above average, and Kyle Williams is not playing bad. But they are getting nothing from McCargo and even though Johnson has his moments we basically have a 3 man rotation at DT. So it stands to reason that they are going to tire out as the game goes on.

What boggles my mind is the No-huddle is terrible for this team right now. The Bills are playing backups in the whole secondary almost so WHY put extra pressure on a injury riddled D? Fail on Coaching.

Ellison is good against the run but is being burned on the pass game and every team we played this year has made big pass plays against him. Why not take him out on pass plays and put either Wilson or even Harris in? This coaching staff still does not know their own talent. Fail on coaching part 2

Byrd I like but he is gonna have rookie moments. He has to improve his tackling in the open field because I saw him wiff on a couple of plays.

But you are right the personnel office has giving this team no depth whatsoever on D. Fail on front office 3,4,5 on so on lol

Guest dog14787
I thing Marcus is above average, and Kyle Williams is not playing bad. But they are getting nothing from McCargo and even though Johnson has his moments we basically have a 3 man rotation at DT. So it stands to reason that they are going to tire out as the game goes on.

What boggles my mind is the No-huddle is terrible for this team right now. The Bills are playing backups in the whole secondary almost so WHY put extra pressure on a injury riddled D? Fail on Coaching.

Ellison is good against the run but is being burned on the pass game and every team we played this year has made big pass plays against him. Why not take him out on pass plays and put either Wilson or even Harris in? This coaching staff still does not know their own talent. Fail on coaching part 2

Byrd I like but he is gonna have rookie moments. He has to improve his tackling in the open field because I saw him wiff on a couple of plays.

But you are right the personnel office has giving this team no depth whatsoever on D. Fail on front office 3,4,5 on so on lol

Another example of our coach not saying, "You know what, the no huddle is not working, lets put it on the shelf until the O-line and QB play improves" but does it happen? No it does not,

because our HC doesn't have a clue.

Another example of our coach not saying, "You know what, the no huddle is not working, lets put it on the shelf until the O-line and QB play improves" but does it happen? No it does not,

I don't think it's the "no huddle" that's hurting us. The problem is our offense can't gain enough yards. If you can't convert on 3rd down it doesn't matter if you huddle or not, you're not going to have the ball very long. 1/11 on 3rd down conversions against Fish. But really, I could take it or leave it. Not sure what it's buying us.

If we did go back to the huddle we could at least line guys up in different places and put guys in motions, etc.

Levy can f himself - seriously. Anyone could have coached the talent that he had. The fact that he had four chances to win the Super Bowl and lost all four is all you need to know about Marv Levy.

He is the one that hired Ja-Moron and he is responsible for taking Whitner over Ngata, etc., etc.

After doing all this let us not forget that HE FREAKING QUIT as the GM.

Guest dog14787
Levy can f himself - seriously. Anyone could have coached the talent that he had. The fact that he had four chances to win the Super Bowl and lost all four is all you need to know about Marv Levy.

He is the one that hired Ja-Moron and he is responsible for taking Whitner over Ngata, etc., etc.

After doing all this let us not forget that HE FREAKING QUIT as the GM.

This really goes back to the owner RW, Marv Levy is a strategist, good HC and a leader of men, not a GM.