McKelvin to IR

Casey D

Why doesn't the NFL have a short-term IR? Like the 15 day DL in baseball...I don't understand a guy who will miss 8 weeks now missing the whole year because of being placed on IR. Kinda put the teams in a bind, play a man down for 8 weeks and hopefully get your guy back for the last 5 weeks and playoffs or lose him for the year. Kinda sucks there's no short term IR.

I agree that they should have a short-term IR.

Sort of wierd that they don't :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why I am A-Ok with drafting a CB in the 3rd round or earlier almost every year.

1.) We have no plans to pay "Shut Down Corner" money (Paying McGee was a suprise, he still might have gotten more in FA)

2.) The one thing the Bills Organization seems to be able to do over the past 20 years is groom young quality CB

3.) If a CB is even a little Gimpy a decent QB will tear him apart. You need depth.

Corner and Youboottie look like they can play. PLus the 'Phins don't pass to thier WRs so this will be a good game for Reggie Corner to learn how to be a corner.

I hate to see McKelvin go, know he has to think about how he should have sat on the ball with no blockers infront of you and the offense only needed to get 1 maybe 2 first downs to ice the game, but maybe he can see the err of his ways while he is rehabbing.

I don't think this is a major loss. McKelvin does not seem like a heady player. Yes the fumble was dumb, but he constantly gets abused with double moves and plays very loose coverage in general. I know its only his second season, but the guy plays like a dim bulb.

I am by no means saying this is true but I will throw it out there.......

Drayton Florence DID come in last week and DID outplay McKelvin at cornerback.......I thought it was a big difference

We resigned MgGee which has normally not been a Bills trait

Then we put McKelvin on IR.....he may have been able to come back maybe not......but instead of putting a not often used FB......or a special teams player off the team we kept them and moved McKelvin.

Team having doubts about McKelvin?

You are correct. It is a 6-8 week injury. This is BS that he is on IR IF it is only a fibula. Maybe/maybe not he can play at the end of the season. It's possible there is more of a problem. Lawrence Taylor played a game with a broken fibula.

He was also coked out of his mind and borderline insane.

Disappointing I wish the NFL would have a disabled list where you could take a player and put him out for 4 weeks or 8 weeks and free up the roster spot for the time being. The IR is stupid its either you are out for the whole year or you use up the roster spot. McKelvin wasn't lighting up the world but he was playing decent and showing signs of improvement over what he was last year. This injury sucks but at least Corner and Florence looked good and Mcgee got an extension.

Does anyone else feel the need for some sort of DL in the NFL so that roster spots aren't that big of a deal when sending someone to the IR.

I like mckelvin but he has shown some rookie mistakes as a starter, we will miss him but we need to get it together all the way around........

I do like lankster

I've seen enough of byrd, that kid needs some help out there in space

with the move to IR, McElvin should be able to qualify as a "rookie" in Bills fantasy land well into next year, just like POZ

sometime next decade he may be ready to play at an NFL caliber level

the broadcasters said that McGee shadowed Moss all game. Not that they're that reliable.

the thing with McKelvin is that this is a lost year of development. By next year he could have been lock down corner. Now that's another year off.

McGhee was great.

he held Moss to 12 catches

just shut him right down :thumbsup: