Read any good books lately?

stevestojan

I really don't have any specific genre I like more than another, other than I'm not really into "horror" books.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

author James Lee Burke..--there are so many--so I'll just give you one title-LAST CAR TO ELYSIAN FIELDS

Manfred von Richtofen's memiors (not bad), and Wolfram von Richtofen's biography (not particularly good). Currently working on a book about Canadian armored doctrine in Normandy (quite interesting, if rather dry and specific), and a book on complexity theory.

Yeah, didn't think you'd be interested. :unsure: I told you people you didn't want to know what I read.

Long story, but was prompted to re-read Mila 18 recently, great book. I am re-reading Trinity now and enjoying it immensely.. if you have not read either of these books,I would suggest them ..they are very good.

Also should note I have just read Running to the Mountain by Jon Katz. Now I am 46, and this manse on middle age and reflecting on ones life and goals as well as examining the works of Thomas Merton may not be as interesting to someone under 40..but may give you a good idea on how us old farts think anyway :unsure:

I read Michael Lewis's book "Blind Side" not too long ago. Really interesting back story about the increased importance on LT's in the NFL. The main story about Michael Oher left me with a lot of questions and sadly feeling somewhat cynical about the whole adopted family situation.

Currently finishing up A Jeff Shaara book called "The Steel Wave" about WWII.

I really don't have any specific genre I like more than another, other than I'm not really into "horror" books.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

As a former Floridian I think you'd really enjoy Tim Dorsey.

If you take any suggestions from this thread, pop on Amazon and buy a used copy of Florida Roadkill for $5. I bet when you're done you buy a bunch more of his works with Serge Storms as the protagonist.