The players have proved they have the talent...

RayFinkle

IMHO, this season, the players have proved they have the talent to play against anybody in this league. They had the Patriots beat, the handed the Bucs thier ass, and they hung with one of the most high power offenses in the NFL for 3 1/2 quarters.

The problem is the play not to lose coaching mentality which Dick Jauron has instilled in this organization. The gutless coaching is hard to stomach after a while and it has clearly rubbed off on the coordinators and to some extent, the players.

On a positive note, I don't think they need to blow up this team and rebuild again. I think they have a lot of the player talent in place, they just need the front office and coaching talent to match.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, this season, the players have proved they have the talent to play against anybody in this league. They had the Patriots beat, the handed the Bucs thier ass, and they hung with one of the most high power offenses in the NFL for 3 1/2 quarters.

The problem is the play not to lose coaching mentality which Dick Jauron has instilled in this organization. The gutless coaching is hard to stomach after a while and it has clearly rubbed off on the coordinators and to some extent, the players.

On a positive note, I don't think they need to blow up this team and rebuild again. I think they have a lot of the player talent in place, they just need the front office and coaching talent to match.

Bingo! We have a playoff team here and we are a LB, DE and real Coach away from doing some damage

Bingo! We have a playoff team here and we are a LB, DE and real Coach away from doing some damage

Yeah, because our tackles and tight ends looked so sharp yesterday. So did our center, rolling snaps to the QB throughout the entire fourth.

I think the pervading "wisdom" here is right, Jauron's a turd for not winning with these guys.

Yeah, because our tackles and tight ends looked so sharp yesterday. So did our center, rolling snaps to the QB throughout the entire fourth.

I think the pervading "wisdom" here is right, Jauron's a turd for not winning with these guys.

And cue Mrs. Jauron right on time to defend her hubby.....

This team has talent and a gutless LOSER for a head coach. Try and defend last night's 4th and 1 call....please...

all 3 positions you mentioned have sustained injuries. We're down to our 3rd string TE and Hangartner was struggling through an injury just to stay on the field.

but i agree with the original post. we DO have as much talent on this team as any winning team in the NFL. its just being wasted.

You mean our center who has been one of the MVPs so far this season. The guy was injured and leaving it out on the field unlike a gutless coach I know.

How do you feel being in the 2% that continue to defend the indefensible: Dick Jauron as Bills' head coach. Renders anything else you have to say as extremely suspect.

How do you feel being in the 2% that continue to defend the indefensible: Dick Jauron as Bills' head coach. Renders anything else you have to say as extremely suspect.

Remember this thread?

Coward-gate

The more things change, the more they stay the same. TBC was a proponent back then of DJ, and it's amazing an actual football fan continues spouting off about something so obvious.

Remember this thread?

Coward-gate

The more things change, the more they stay the same. TBC was a proponent back then of DJ, and it's amazing an actual football fan continues spouting off about something so obvious.

If nothing else, Dick Jauron has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is consistant.

IMHO, this season, the players have proved they have the talent to play against anybody in this league.

what players have proved anything other than maybe fred jackson and the run blocking of the o-line for the first 2 games?

qb has proved he is either scared to or can not thrown downfield.

wr's have proved they can not combine for 10 catches a game.

o-line has proved they have trouble pass bolcking.

db's have proved that they play 7-10 yrds off recievers almost every down.

d-line has proved the no huddle does not work for them as they tire in the second half.

lb's have proved to suck in pass coverage.

special teams proved to have lost that magic touch.

wait, this team has proved alot.......

chicken little told me yesterday "the sky is falling in buffalo!"

what players have proved anything other than maybe fred jackson and the run blocking of the o-line for the first 2 games?

qb has proved he is either scared to or can not thrown downfield.

wr's have proved they can not combine for 10 catches a game.

o-line has proved they have trouble pass bolcking.

db's have proved that they play 7-10 yrds off recievers almost every down.

d-line has proved the no huddle does not work for them as they tire in the second half.

lb's have proved to suck in pass coverage.

special teams proved to have lost that magic touch.

wait, this team has proved alot.......

chicken little told me yesterday "the sky is falling in buffalo!"

LMFAO!!!! GOOD POINT.

Please provide concrete examples of that talent. I'm failing to find it. Even with excellent coaching I don't think this team makes the playoffs based on the talent of the players that are on it. The talent on the OLine should get better, but the rest of the team is fairly entrenched at this point. What you see is what we'll get. The talent level is what if and a promise. They do just enough to show promise but not enough to beat mediocre teams. What if this guy had made this play and we promise to do better in the future.

Granted the poor showing is a combination of the talent level and the coaching/FO staff though. I'm amazed that they can't figure out a way to get the ball to TO and Evans. Although Evans is highly overrated and easily taken out of a game at times.

With the current FO, coaching staff I don't think this team can make the playoffs for the foreseeable future. I don't think they can put the players in place to raise the talent level to a playoff level nor can they coach a limited talent team into the playoffs.

No team in the NFL is without holes. This team has the talent to win.

So true, the talent is there and even the positions that are not great now, like O-line and QB show that they can be good. I even think AVP could be a good OC. The trouble starts at the top and DJ just doesn't have the swagger to lead men into battle. Team is salvageable, head coach is not.

Please provide concrete examples of that talent. I'm failing to find it. Even with excellent coaching I don't think this team makes the playoffs based on the talent of the players that are on it. The talent on the OLine should get better, but the rest of the team is fairly entrenched at this point. What you see is what we'll get. The talent level is what if and a promise. They do just enough to show promise but not enough to beat mediocre teams. What if this guy had made this play and we promise to do better in the future.

Granted the poor showing is a combination of the talent level and the coaching/FO staff though. I'm amazed that they can't figure out a way to get the ball to TO and Evans. Although Evans is highly overrated and easily taken out of a game at times.

With the current FO, coaching staff I don't think this team can make the playoffs for the foreseeable future. I don't think they can put the players in place to raise the talent level to a playoff level nor can they coach a limited talent team into the playoffs.

Ask yourself this question: What would be this team's record if we had Mike Tomlin & his staff, Fisher and his staff or Belichek and his staff? Are you trying to tell me that we don't have the talent to be even a fringe playoff team with a better coaching staff?

Yes, this team has problems but so does every team in the NFL. Great coaches hide those weaknesses and build on their strengths. Our coach decides to put square pegs in round holes and drafts DBs only to have them play 20 yards back from the LOS in a Tampa 2 prevent....

I agree to a point.

I don't think the Bills are talentless, I just think they lack crucial talent at the most important positions. QB and Coaching.

After watching Edwards for 3 years, it seems to me that he still has not made the important strides he needs to make. This is further amplified when one looks at the talent he is surrounded by. His only defense is the lack of pass protection he gets. I can understand how that effects his timing. But, even when he does get time, he too often throws to the check down receiver. He is still playing like a rookie. One day, Edwards will make a fine coach. He is very bright and I'm sure he has a high football IQ. But, at this point, none of that has translated to points on the board. And I'm not too sure that will ever change.

Coaching...enough has been said on the subject.

I also think that the Bills linebacker depth has shown to be a big problem once again. Even w/ Poz the linebackers are suspect. Mitchell is a good player/leader, but I wouldn't rank him in the top 8 on the Giant's superbowl winning starting defense.

We have great talent splatter randomly over the team, but no cohesive talent. Just look at the offense. Is there any doubt that if the Bills had an above average O-Line they should have been to the playoffs in the past 10 years? Is there any doubt if the Bills have had a good QB in the past 10 years they would have been to playoffs? ****, if you put 90% of the starting QBs in the league on this year's offense, I bet the Bills would be pushing for a playoff spot before its all said and done.