Census worker hung in KY

I'm sure the criminals potentially stumbled upon in the backwoods of Kentucky were upstanding, highly educated and without mullets.

You mean the stereotypical welfare recepient, whose underclass plight you'd be the first to showcase as failure of conservative policies?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I cant !@#$ing WAIT for the next time yhou puke up some righteous indignation against something that hits close to your home.

Not that so-called rednecks hit close to mine, mind you. I just hate how the politically correct cherrypick who is "protected" and who isnt.

Feel free to be prejudiced against any group you like.

You mean the stereotypical welfare recepient, whose underclass plight you'd be the first to showcase as failure of conservative policies?

No I wouldn't. I just think we should help anyone who can't (or even won't) help themselves. I think that in any system there will be a certain percentage of people who do not do well. Improve the system and you would have a lower percentage of such people. Those benefiting from such a system should take care of those who do not - it's a numbers game.

There is not much of a difference in my mind between the welfare recipients you're talking about or the people I'm talking about. They both have severe shortcomings in my mind. I think we should help both groups but that doesn't mean I have to like them or what they represent.

If someone really murdered this man simply because he's a federal employee, we'll know. And when we know, it will be interesting to learn whether his anti-government antipathy has been long-established or of more recent origin. And then we can worry about it. It's probably an isolated nutcase or teen thrill-killer who thought it would be funny to write "fed" on the guy.

If someone really murdered this man simply because he's a federal employee, we'll know. And when we know, it will be interesting to learn whether his anti-government antipathy has been long-established or of more recent origin. And then we can worry about it. It's probably an isolated nutcase or teen thrill-killer who thought it would be funny to write "fed" on the guy.

Or involves drugs.

Not that the victim himself was involved in drugs...but it's a notorious drug region, and it is marijuana harvest season. He could have easily stumbled on something.

Distinct possibility.

There is not much of a difference in my mind between the welfare recipients you're talking about or the people I'm talking about. They both have severe shortcomings in my mind. I think we should help both groups but that doesn't mean I have to like them or what they represent.

I'm sorry, what group are you talking about and what group do you thing I'm talking about?

What exactly does this mean?

I google news'ed her name and came up with the fact that she's a white, northern, Repulican. So I absolutely see where PTR is coming from. :rolleyes:

Are you a civil service worker? Just asking....

Cinci, I am not...I am a small businessman. Darin and Chef, In case you missed it, Rep Michelle Bachmann has made several comments in Congress about how she feels the Census is government intrusion and how she will not take part in it. Maybe I'm making a leap here but you have a Congresswoman ranting about the census and a census worker is found dead with "FED" scrawled on his body. Oh and Glen Beck piled on too. Maybe the census is asking nosy questions but when you have Repulican congresspeople and Fox News telling people the government is spying on them some less stable people might take inappropriate action.

PTR

Cinci, I am not...I am a small businessman. Darin and Chef, In case you missed it, Rep Michelle Bachmann has made several comments in Congress about how she feels the Census is government intrusion and how she will not take part in it. Maybe I'm making a leap here but you have a Congresswoman ranting about the census and a census worker is found dead with "FED" scrawled on his body. Oh and Glen Beck piled on too. Maybe the census is asking nosy questions but when you have Repulican congresspeople and Fox News telling people the government is spying on them some less stable people might take inappropriate action.

PTR

Leap? Evil Knievel would be proud.

PTR

So you're going to blame a Congresswoman for this act because she openly questioned the government (which is pretty much her job)? <_<

Here's a newsflash: Everyone says stuff and virtually everything can be twisted to fit some stupid agenda. The original post in this thread is extremely hypocritical given what you were apparently trying to prove.

• 1 month later...

PTR

Good call, chucklehead.

for those with the knee jerk reactions on this

best to wait for the deets before jumping to conclusions

Oh, no. I wonder if that narrow-minded BIGOT Frenkle will take back all those nasty things he said about poor country whites? Funny, if he'd said the same thing about ghetto-dwelling blacks, he'd be a racist. He's a liberal, though. double-standards shouldn't be a shock.

:rolleyes: