These are the results of the meeting of the minds?

VJ91

So Ralph and the inner circle had a big meeting yesterday regarding replacing the injured players. Overdorf was said to be an important particpant to keep the salary structure in tact. And the Bills go out there and sign two practice squad players from other teams and cut one of their own practice squad guys.

That's it. No trade of Roscoe for a veteran back up RT with actual NFL game experience. No free agent signing of a veteran RT (Jon Runyan, or bringing back L. Walker at a more reasonable one year salary?). No signing of a free agent linebacker with NFL experience. Just Signing two practice squad players, and cutting one of our own. Someone please tell me exactly what role Jim freakin' Overdorff played in this meeting? Did he sleep throught it? Or did he laugh through it? After the money the Bills saved cutting Rhodes and Walker, this is how they "fortified" their team?

Simply amazing. And way to throw Bowen under the bus, inner circle. The kid suffered a heart breaking inury ruining his rookie year, comes back this season and does nothing but make tackles all over the field in the five preseason games, and then gets cut twice and this time in favor of another practice squad linebacker who didn't make his 53 man roster. Wow, how long did the inner circle meet about that roster move, 5 hours?

Hey I am just as optimistic about the 1-1-0 Bills as the next life long Bills fan out here. I love the offense so far, and the defense showed me something stopping the Bucs running game in it's tracks. But I still don't understand this cheapskate attitude coming from the top of One Bills Drive. How are three practice sqad players (Stupar was brought up from the practice squad also), supposed to help out the Bills thin depth at OL, TE and LB? :thumbdown::doh:

I don't see what your getting all upset over...first off, Freeman wasn't on the PS of any team..for a PS player to be signed they have to put onto the teams 53 man roster, not the PS...so the Freeman signing was just Buffalo grabbing a LB with potential and cutting a LB that had potential but must have not recovered from his injury well enough...Scott played well last Sunday in place of Butler...and Meredith has talent but is raw...I for one like the signing of Meredith...The Bills look to be trying to get a good O-line that is young and can be around in the league for many years together...As far as I know, there just aren't any good RT's available in FA, and the names you gave must not impress Buffalo or any of the remaining 31 teams that won't sign them.

I'm sure one of the major factors in those decisions was bringing in guys that are young and healthy, the bills can't afford nagging injuries like they had last year. That's why Bowen's gone Also, how can you not like Stupar, kid was money in preseason.

So Ralph and the inner circle had a big meeting yesterday regarding replacing the injured players. Overdorf was said to be an important particpant to keep the salary structure in tact. And the Bills go out there and sign two practice squad players from other teams and cut one of their own practice squad guys.

That's it. No trade of Roscoe for a veteran back up RT with actual NFL game experience. No free agent signing of a veteran RT (Jon Runyan, or bringing back L. Walker at a more reasonable one year salary?). No signing of a free agent linebacker with NFL experience. Just Signing two practice squad players, and cutting one of our own. Someone please tell me exactly what role Jim freakin' Overdorff played in this meeting? Did he sleep throught it? Or did he laugh through it? After the money the Bills saved cutting Rhodes and Walker, this is how they "fortified" their team?

Simply amazing. And way to throw Bowen under the bus, inner circle. The kid suffered a heart breaking inury ruining his rookie year, comes back this season and does nothing but make tackles all over the field in the five preseason games, and then gets cut twice and this time in favor of another practice squad linebacker who didn't make his 53 man roster. Wow, how long did the inner circle meet about that roster move, 5 hours?

Hey I am just as optimistic about the 1-1-0 Bills as the next life long Bills fan out here. I love the offense so far, and the defense showed me something stopping the Bucs running game in it's tracks. But I still don't understand this cheapskate attitude coming from the top of One Bills Drive. How are three practice sqad players (Stupar was brought up from the practice squad also), supposed to help out the Bills thin depth at OL, TE and LB? :thumbdown::doh:

How do we know what Bowen has been like since he did not make the 53? The has to be a reason to cut him... We are one and one and hopefully wil be 2-1 so quit griping

You make some huge leaps:

1) That some team had a quality RT that they would trade for Parrish.

2) That Runyan still anything left. I mean the Eagles lost an RT and didn't sign him.

3) That Walker was going to fit in with what the Bills are running now.

But don't let any of that spoil a good rant.

PTR

You picked the wrong week to post this. The Bills won last week so we are all wearing our rose colored glasses and are full of optimism. Wait until the next loss and re-post.

Freeman and Meredith I believe were 2 excellent pickups oh and this thread sucks, and I just wanted to add to the sucktitude.

Hey, sorry I brought this negative stuff up. Please continue celebrating the win over Tampa. I guess it is silly for me to think that Brandon and the boys may have wanted to add more experience to their O-Line, which was already the least experienced in the NFL by far, now that Butler was out for the year. But you guys are right. Meredith is an excellent pick up, despite the fact that Green Bay, a team picked to finish better then the Bills by every expert, had him on their practice squad. Yes sir, excellent move.

Let me ask you something. Why couldn't Brandon offer the Packers perhaps, a 4th or 5th round pick in next year's draft, for a RT that was already on their active roster - maybe even one who has played some games in the NFL?? This way, the Packers gain an extra pick next year, and then they could just slide Meredith up to their own active roster. The Bills would get an experienced back up RT that could help thim this season.......you know, this season? The only one T.O. is signed to play? The one that DJ needs to win during so he can somehow keep his job?? You guys remember this season don't you?

But again, this thread sucks, so just forget I ever mentioned it, and let's look forward to both these rookies being great players if called apon, and end it at that. :thumbdown:

But I still don't understand this cheapskate attitude coming from the top of One Bills Drive. How are three practice sqad players (Stupar was brought up from the practice squad also), supposed to help out the Bills thin depth at OL, TE and LB?

This is just something you have to come to terms with as a Bills fan.

As long as Ralph signs the checks, the nickel will pinched 'til the buffalo sh--s.

I'm sure one of the major factors in those decisions was bringing in guys that are young and healthy, the bills can't afford nagging injuries like they had last year. That's why Bowen's gone Also, how can you not like Stupar, kid was money in preseason.

A somewhat good point (tho, injuries can happen any play to anybody). Right on about Stupar --- I wanna see what he can do in real games. Glad for him that he's got his shot now, despite the circumstances. Nelson, in two games, looked like the best TE we've had since Reimersma; let's hope he's not out for too long with the shoulder.

I dont understand why some people are so quick to B word about everything the Bills do. I think we are headed in the right direction and I will say it... I think Russ Brandon is doing a GREAT job! I am going to let them do what they do and I will watch the games.

I would tend to agree. But I would add that it's a good job so far considering what he's been given / has to work with. It's still going to be a while until we know how good a (defacto) GM Brandon is. My views on Jauron's extension are what they are, tho, and you have to think Brandon had say in that decision both at the time we were 5-1 (against several crappy teams) and in keeping on a coach who can't win big games after the epic fail of the 2-8 collapse. Also, in bending over to Dick's manlove of DBs and seriously over-drafting in the secondary (And what's it gotten us? After all the investment there, the Bills are 31st in passing defense. They're 31st!), thereby neglecting upgrades/depth at other need positions. Then again, Ralph loves to stick his fingers in the pie when history has shown that it's better off leaving things to people who really know what they're doing. Brandon has dealt with several issues (e.g. Peters) in the right way for the franchise.

Hey, sorry I brought this negative stuff up. Please continue celebrating the win over Tampa. I guess it is silly for me to think that Brandon and the boys may have wanted to add more experience to their O-Line, which was already the least experienced in the NFL by far, now that Butler was out for the year. But you guys are right. Meredith is an excellent pick up, despite the fact that Green Bay, a team picked to finish better then the Bills by every expert, had him on their practice squad. Yes sir, excellent move.

Let me ask you something. Why couldn't Brandon offer the Packers perhaps, a 4th or 5th round pick in next year's draft, for a RT that was already on their active roster - maybe even one who has played some games in the NFL?? This way, the Packers gain an extra pick next year, and then they could just slide Meredith up to their own active roster. The Bills would get an experienced back up RT that could help thim this season.......you know, this season? The only one T.O. is signed to play? The one that DJ needs to win during so he can somehow keep his job?? You guys remember this season don't you?

But again, this thread sucks, so just forget I ever mentioned it, and let's look forward to both these rookies being great players if called apon, and end it at that. :thumbdown:

I agree, it would have been nice to see a veteran lineman come in. However, please point to a good, veteran RT that we could have signed yesterday.

Yes, Jones, Walker, and Runyan are all out there. But, we're not the only team in the league with injured linemen. So why hasn't anyone else picked them up? Maybe, just maybe, none of these guys are all that great any more. So, who else is out there? I'm asking... I don't know.

With rumors yesterday about Roscoe being shopped, maybe Brandon did ask the Packers for a trade? Perhaps he asked several teams for a trade? But, Roscoe is still on the team. Could it be no one wanted to trade?

I think the reason you have people piling on here is because you're making some pretty big assumptions that the Bills FO didn't even try to bring in a better player. When the reality is we don't know what they tried to do; we only know what they did do.

But again, this thread sucks so just forget I ever mentioned it, and let's look forward to both these rookies being great players if called apon, and end it at that. :thumbdown:

You have this hard on for experience yet our O line is playing as well as they have in years with the inexperience.

You make it sound so easy. How do you know they didn't try to shop a 4th or 5th round pick for a tackle? We know they've been shopping Roscoe maybe they didn't like what was being offered. You're not going to find this stud starting RT that would fit in to the no huddle offense of all things after week 2.

I agree, it would have been nice to see a veteran lineman come in. However, please point to a good, veteran RT that we could have signed yesterday.

Yes, Jones, Walker, and Runyan are all out there. But, we're not the only team in the league with injured linemen. So why hasn't anyone else picked them up? Maybe, just maybe, none of these guys are all that great any more. So, who else is out there? I'm asking... I don't know.

With rumors yesterday about Roscoe being shopped, maybe Brandon did ask the Packers for a trade? Perhaps he asked several teams for a trade? But, Roscoe is still on the team. Could it be no one wanted to trade?

I think the reason you have people piling on here is because you're making some pretty big assumptions that the Bills FO didn't even try to bring in a better player. When the reality is we don't know what they tried to do; we only know what they did do.

Always a voice of reason. :thumbdown:

add the fact that Buffalo's O-Line looked pretty good even after butler went out...The Bills just might not see the RT as being as bad with Scott in there as VJ91 must see it as...VJ91, answer this question..why is it that its not ok to go with a un-experienced RT but you don't seem to be asking where the veteran Guards and LT's are so that Buffalo doesn't have to play the rookies?...I can understand what your asking and that your worried that there's to many un-experienced guys on the line... but I think from what I saw of the o-line I'd be more worried about #77 and his penalties right now...although he did lessen the number of penalties he received and I feel he's improving...If Scott shows to be a liability in the next few weeks, I'd assume Buffalo will be looking for some veteran help and then you can go back to living a worry free life.

I dont understand why some people are so quick to B word about everything the Bills do. I think we are headed in the right direction and I will say it... I think Russ Brandon is doing a GREAT job! I am going to let them do what they do and I will watch the games.

I am somewhat starting to like what I see at times, but the word GREAT is a little strong at this point don't you think?