Sporting News Power Poll

billsfan_34

23 is justified. Keep things in perspective. Buffalo lost to a good (mediocre?) team on the road and beat a terrible team at home. The Bills haven't beaten a good team since Denver last year...and they were barely good. Once we beat teams like New Orleans or NYJ we'll get respect.

a good(mediocre team) that TSN has rated at #7 despite the fact that they should be 0-2. The fact of the matter is the Pats are overrated and the Bills are underrated

And last year the Bills were in the top 5 when they were 4-0. I hope they are 22 right until the last week of the season when we clinch a playoff birth for the first time in 10 years. I am not putting stock in anything anyone says...1 week at a time for me this year. I am not getting excited until that playoff field is actually set...until then I will treat it week by week. Good win Sunday but we got a tough one ahead of us...

I know the point your trying to make but it is what it is. But even if we beat the next to teams, we probably still won't crack the top 15.

That is fine. I dont give a !@#$ what TSN or Peter King or whomever thinks of the Bills. I care about what the Bills do on the field

The Bills won a game by 13 and fall 2 spots while the Dolphins lose and remain at #20 with an 0-2 record?

yeah, jsut noticed that. Power Rankings are right up there with Preseason on the list of things that dont mean schit. you might as well walk into any bar and have any random person put the teams in order. it's the same exact thing.

I know the point your trying to make but it is what it is. But even if we beat the next to teams, we probably still won't crack the top 15.

I noticed he actually moved the Bills down a couple spots after their win over Jacksonville. I know that Jacksonville isn't the world's best team, but come on! It wasn't like we won that game on some last second fluke. The offensive line looked fairly competent in pass protection and good on run blocking, Fred Jackson looked amazing, Trent Edwards is the fourth-rated QB in the NFL over the first two weeks of the season. I know that last stat is likely to slip a little as he faces some better defenses, but still.

Alex van Pelt is clearly worlds better than the man he replaced. The defense did a decent job of pass coverage, and a strong job at stopping the run. Moving the Bills down?!?!

Really? We were ranked #5 last year after 4 games even though all we did was beat the 4 worst teams in football...and barely beat 3 of them at that

Hell, we were still top 10 at 6-2 even though we only beat teams with bad records (and barely beat most of them) and lost to the only 2 good teams we had played so far at that point.

So I dont get why you would say they would never move us up the rankings.

As far as why wer are not higher now, maybe the fact that our team went 1-7 to finish the season last year when we had an inflated record against bad teams (most of which we struggled to beat). So rather than get all carried away with our ranking after a good but not great outing against the Pats and beating one of the 5 least talented teams in the NFL, maybe they want to see us beat a team (which we havent done since 2007) with a winning record before they catapult us up the rankings.

FYI: If McKelvin doesnt take the ball out and downs it, the game was still FAR from over. There was a lot of time left and the Pats would have had essentially 4 timeouts. The fumble helped sure, but it didnt seal our fate as we still had time to win the game ourselves and even if he takes the touchback Brady might have still gotten the ball back with over a minute and half and a timeout still.

I noticed he actually moved the Bills down a couple spots after their win over Jacksonville. I know that Jacksonville isn't the world's best team, but come on! It wasn't like we won that game on some last second fluke. The offensive line looked fairly competent in pass protection and good on run blocking, Fred Jackson looked amazing, Trent Edwards is the fourth-rated QB in the NFL over the first two weeks of the season. I know that last stat is likely to slip a little as he faces some better defenses, but still.

Alex van Pelt is clearly worlds better than the man he replaced. The defense did a decent job of pass coverage, and a strong job at stopping the run. Moving the Bills down?!?!

We beat Jacksonville too? Are we 2-1?

What a Joke, not that it really matters but 23? Thoughts?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/20...s-await-broncos

They can put Buffalo at 32 if they want. I don't really care. I like this team. The bottom line is that UNTIL this team beats a few DIVISION opponents, they won't get much respect. Moral victories don't count in this business -- it's about WINS and until Buffalo can prove that it can beat the Patriots, the Jets, or even the Dolphins, respect will not be forthcoming. 0-6 in the division last year says it all. This is a new year and I do not believe that will be repeated, but until Buffalo walks off the field with a win against a division opponent, it's status quo.

a good(mediocre team) that TSN has rated at #7 despite the fact that they should be 0-2. The fact of the matter is the Pats are overrated and the Bills are underrated

Good or mediocre, the point is that the Pats* won and the Bills lost.

23 is about right for where they were last season and for what little they have proven this year.

I am not big on power rankings, at all. But how do they rank at 21 last week, and move them down to 23 after they win?

Because the team we beat is genuinely horrible. It proved nothing is the line of thought. Those two teams proved something, which is why they jumped up. It wasn't so much us falling back as two teams moving ahead of us.