Roscoe Parrish Back On The Trade Block

And as for Roscoe's value as a return man, my continuous observation over the last few years is that when he returns it he does a good job but that he lets too many balls bounce and roll. That loses us a lot of field position when it happens and it has to be weighed against his nice return numbers.

What he said.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a reciever, and thats FINE. He's the NFL's best punt returner. He gives us an advantage over every other team in the league, period.

you are being very short sighted

The Bills will be able to trade Roscoe for a 6th or 7th round pick that they can use on another CB.

who care if he's the best punt returner of all time

we need those DBs!!!! :rolleyes:

And as for Roscoe's value as a return man, my continuous observation over the last few years is that when he returns it he does a good job but that he lets too many balls bounce and roll. That loses us a lot of field position when it happens and it has to be weighed against his nice return numbers.

Very accurate observation. This week vs. Tampa Bay Roscoe let at least 2 punts (that I remember) bounce instead of getting underneath them for the fair catch. In both instances the balls took a Bucs bounce and probably cost us a total of 30-40 yards of field position between the both of them. In close games that 30-40 yards can be crucial.

As much excitement as he's brought to this team the past seasons and as much as I was against trading him this offseason I now think it would be a wise move. He doesn't seem to have a place on this team anymore and his punt returning hasn't been great lately either.

I'd rather keep Roscoe on the roster than get a 5th or 6th round draft pick... Injuries happen.

IMO, they should keep him unless they can get at least a fourth rounder.

I also think they want to move him before Hardy comes off PUP.

I'm surprised no one is biting; the guy is pretty much the best punt returner in NFL history.

We don't know if anyone is. Today is Monday and they said he might be traded by the end of the week.

I hope they can package him and some reasonable draft choice for a solid right tackle.

With McKelvin injured the Bills may be forced to hold onto Parrish. However, I would try to get something for him before the trade deadline. The Bills could use the extra money to pick up Runyan and Hardy will be back after week 6 I think.....

With McKelvin injured the Bills may be forced to hold onto Parrish. However, I would try to get something for him before the trade deadline. The Bills could use the extra money to pick up Runyan and Hardy will be back after week 6 I think.....

Why would McKelvin's injury have any impact on whether or not Parrish is traded? I don't get it.

its not everyday you can say you have the best punt returner in the history of the NFL on your team...

how could a late round pick be even close to a fair trade?

What are the Bills thinking? Its not like they HAVE to play him as a WR...they could very well use Johnson instead of Parrish as a WR...unless he is starting to become more vocal about his dislike of not playing WR...

I am also in line with what some of the posters are saying that Roscoe is keeping Stevie Johnson on the inactive list.

If you had to choose between Roscoe and Johnson being active it's Roscoe because of his value as a return man.

But I think Johnson is a better receiver and he did make some noise towards the end of the year last year.

I think once Hardy comes back somebody will be cut in order for him to come back.

I would hate to see Roscoe go but the Bills have to make a move. They better get at least a 4th rounder for him. Otherwise you keep him and cut somebody like low on the depth chart.

Personally I think Steve Johnson is keeping Steve Johnson on the bench. The best players plays period.

You'll recall that, a few years ago, the A-Train was keeping Fred Jackson on the bench. It was only after the A-Train went down with an injury that Jackson was given the chance to prove himself in a regular season game.

I don't claim to know whether Steve Johnson will be the next Fred Jackson story. But when I see a guy who's shown flashes (Jackson a few years ago, Johnson more recently) and dead wood in front of the player in question (the A-Train and Parrish, respectively), my instinct is to get rid of the dead wood.

Personally I think Steve Johnson is keeping Steve Johnson on the bench. The best players plays period.

I'm no coach, but I'm pretty sure mr obvious nailed it on the button...

Parrish has talent and ability, but never developed any rapport with Trent... On plays he is targeted, I haven't seen him run an amazing route where he beat the coverage either... Steve Johnson is a technician, the guy can play, and he has great footwork. Do I think he has the home run ability of Parrish? not a chance, parrish is one in a few thousand... but I have a lot more faith in Stevie's ability to be an open target more than parrish's.

IMO, they should keep him unless they can get at least a fourth rounder.

I hope they can package him and some reasonable draft choice for a solid right tackle.

I'm in this camp. Punting RP for a late round pick alone won't bring a valuable return <pun>, but add a pick and we can improve with a viable starter. Saw too much upside with S. Johnson to believe he's fallen out of favor; I think Nelson will be a starting WR by next season and we have yet to find out about Hardy. No room for Roscoe and his value will only drop from here on.

I'll admit I didn't read the entire thread, but I'd have to say the Bills desperately need to free up a roster spot. Either for a TE or OL.

Parrish is a great punt returner, no doubt, but if Leodis McKelvin is healthy there will be little or no drop off in that department and the Bills can either activate Stupar or sign an OL.