74 Seconds....9/29/90

I was digging thru some crap in my attic, and I found a tape entitled "Football Game 9/29/90". I had set my VCR and gone to the game v. Denver.

That was one of the worst games I've ever attended....Bills losing 22-9 with about 11 minutes left, Denver lining up for a 26 yard field goal which probably would've clinched it.

But Nate Odomes blocked the kick, Bennett recovered and ran it 80 yards for the TD. (I was in the other endzone, watching it thru binoculars, and noticed Bennett running my way, most peculiar) A couple plays later, Leonard Smith intercepted an Elway pass (deflected by Leon Seals) and ran it in. A couple plays later Elway fumbled at the 3, Kenneth Davis scored one play later.

74 seconds that shook our world that day.

I was digging thru some crap in my attic, and I found a tape entitled "Football Game 9/29/90".  I had set my VCR and gone to the game v. Denver.

That was one of the worst games I've ever attended....Bills losing 22-9 with about 11 minutes left, Denver lining up for a 26 yard field goal which probably would've clinched it. 

But Nate Odomes blocked the kick, Bennett recovered and ran it 80 yards for the TD.  (I was in the other endzone, watching it thru binoculars, and noticed Bennett running my way, most peculiar)  A couple plays later, Leonard Smith intercepted an Elway pass (deflected by Leon Seals) and ran it in.  A couple plays later Elway fumbled at the 3, Kenneth Davis scored one play later. 

116068[/snapback]

I was watching that game in a bar with some Broncos fans......What a great 74 seconds!!!

Guest Melted ICe
I was digging thru some crap in my attic, and I found a tape entitled "Football Game 9/29/90".  I had set my VCR and gone to the game v. Denver.

But Nate Odomes blocked the kick, Bennett recovered and ran it 80 yards for the TD.  (I was in the other endzone, watching it thru binoculars, and noticed Bennett running my way, most peculiar)  A couple plays later, Leonard Smith intercepted an Elway pass (deflected by Leon Seals) and ran it in.  A couple plays later Elway fumbled at the 3, Kenneth Davis scored one play later. 

116068[/snapback]

Send that tape to user Fezmid so he can put on dvd and distribute to the masses.

Funny. That was the game that turned me from casual Bills fan (having grown up in Rochester, but never really liking watching sports) to RABID Bills fan. And I didn't even SEE the game! I was home for the weekend from college and was at my best friend's house visiting his parents and brother. They were watching the game and it looked over while they were driving for that FG. I thought "another Bills loss" and said goodbye, jumped in my car, and listened to music on my way back to college. When I got to my apartment, I had put the game out of my mind because I knew they lost. Then when one of my football-rabid (Giants fan, which made the SB loss THAT much more unbearable!) told me they won, I was amazed. From then on I was hooked.

Too bad they never won the SB. It was an amazing team.

I was at that game. What I remember most about it was the loudmouth season ticket holder in our section causing a big stink and leaving right before the blocked kick. You know the type of guy, every section has at least one. They know EVERYTHING, the Bills are all assclowns, fire all the coaches now, blah blah blah. Kind of like ICE. Anyway this guy left right before the blocked kick pissing and moaning all the way, so you knew he had to still be in the stadium for the next 77 seconds. But he didn't dare come back to his seat. He took a mountain of stevestojan the rest of the year from our section for that stunt.

I remember watching this one on TV. It was this game when I realized that the Bills were a special team that year. I seem to recall them having a similarly improbably comeback against Oakland during the regular season that year--am I wrong about that?

I remember watching this one on TV.  It was this game when I realized that the Bills were a special team that year.  I seem to recall them having a similarly improbably comeback against Oakland during the regular season that year--am I wrong about that?

116157[/snapback]

I remember that Oakland game too. We were playing horrible and getting dominated pretty good. Kelly and our offense could not do anything then we had a blocked punt(?) and a punt return for a TD I beleive.

I remember that Oakland game too.  We were playing horrible and getting dominated pretty good.  Kelly and our offense could not do anything then we had a blocked punt(?) and a punt return for a TD I beleive.

116160[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the Raider game was either immediatley before or after the Broncos game.

Those were good times for Buffalo football.

I'm pretty sure the Raider game was either immediatley before or after the Broncos game. 

Those were good times for Buffalo football.

116171[/snapback]

Yup, back-to-back. Denver first.

One minor correction:

That game was om 9/30/90. I know because I went to that game. My father was in the oncology ward in Mercy Hospital. The next day (10/1/90) I went after work to visit him. I was telling him about the game and all the excitement. About a half an hour later he died.

The Raiders game the next week was on MNF. We didn't go (obvious reason) and I watched it on TV.