Lynch may find himself on the bench when he returns...

Big Turk

the fact still remains that lynch's hands are suspect & always have been, furthermore, unless he changed his running style and dropped all the dance moves behind the line, jackson is still the better player as he was last year and the better option.

finally, to say jackson can not keep taking these hits all year....he is not a glass doll. he has never shown to be injury prone(unlike beastmode... ankle,shoulder). there are SMALLER starting backs in the league that are feature backs and make it through the whole season.

so lets talk hypothetic rather than facts as far as the conversation is concerned......

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the offense will be even better when Lynch gets back. The plays that did not succeed with Jackson, were the ones straight up the gut where he wasn't strong enough, or so it seems. Those are the plays where Lynch has more power and is more than likely to move the D-line a little more. Also, Jackson has carried a big load the first two games, I am a little worried about his durability if he takes a pounding like this every week. Having two good backs to give each other breathers can only be a good thing. I do still believe that Lynch will start when he returns, but they won't hesitate to stay with the hot hand of whoever is running better that week.

Jackson has always been the guy who just seemingly looks better in this offense, and now he has proven it. Lynch is a great hammer, but Jackson reminds me so much of Thurman...the way he catches the ball in stride and makes people miss, the way he slips and slides thru the holes and jukes people without really juking them...I don't see how they give Lynch his old job back...Jackson has been nothing short of tremendous and is a better back for this offense than Lynch at this point, if not just a better back outright...

Marshawn Inch is a very good 2-3 yrd rusher. For as much recognition as he gets you would think he has maintaned a 4 yrd average over his 2 plus yrs. I dont like the way he chooses his holes to run through. I thought it was our line, and it could very well be, but there were more than a few times last yr Jackson came in after Inch and was able to find holes to run through for decent gains. Now whether that was because INCH wore them down or not is another question. I am inclined to say no after these 2 performances by Jackson but I will give MArshawn the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do with this new O Line. But the clock is ticking for sure.

God these posts are laughable. yes Freddie Jackson is good but Marshawn Lynch will be starting Week 4.

heh.

funny thing is that pats* fans most likely said the same thing about bledsoe when he had his lung crushed. he'll get his job back when he can play again.

we all know how that turned out.

Marshawn Inch is a very good 2-3 yrd rusher. For as much recognition as he gets you would think he has maintaned a 4 yrd average over his 2 plus yrs. I dont like the way he chooses his holes to run through. I thought it was our line, and it could very well be, but there were more than a few times last yr Jackson came in after Inch and was able to find holes to run through for decent gains. Now whether that was because INCH wore them down or not is another question. I am inclined to say no after these 2 performances by Jackson but I will give MArshawn the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do with this new O Line. But the clock is ticking for sure.

like Simon mentioned--Jackson has better vision than Lynch. BUT--this years line actually moves things on running plays. Lets give lynch a chance. Once Lynch does get beyond the line and gets a head of steam he is murder to bring down.

4.0 YPC in 2007

4.1 YPC in 2008

4.1 YPC for his career

Do you have to ask yourself what type of message it would send to the team to sit Jackson on Lynch's return? Jackson has done very very well & I would dare say he made more of his chances than Lynch last year. So, you've got a guy busting his butt, doing things the right way and to top it off he is very effective and you sit him just like that?

If it were my team Jackson would soften them up and Lynch would come in and clean up late.

Do you have to ask yourself what type of message it would send to the team to sit Jackson on Lynch's return? Jackson has done very very well & I would dare say he made more of his chances than Lynch last year. So, you've got a guy busting his butt, doing things the right way and to top it off he is very effective and you sit him just like that?

If it were my team Jackson would soften them up and Lynch would come in and clean up late.

I don't think it has to be a case where once Lynch comes back, he's playing and Jackson, you're getting 3-5 touches and spending most of the game on the bench. Hopefully the offensive staff is smart enough to realize they have two good to very good backs on the roster and can constantly create mismatches with fresh legs and a variety of looks. If it were my team I'd rotate them both in and out throughout the game, and even find ways to get them both on the field at the same time. Keep the defenses guessing and keep from being predictable.

God these posts are laughable. yes Freddie Jackson is good but Marshawn Lynch will be starting Week 4.

actually, that statement is pretty laughable -

1st - it doesn't really matter who starts but I'll bet it'll be FJ, as Lynch will not have practiced with the team for 3 weeks.

2nd - it doesn't really matter who starts, but average temp in Miami early Oct. is mid-to-hi 80s - 330 lb. D-linemen (and RBs) can be worn down pretty quickly in that heat, so I expect BOTH FJ & ML will see lots of action, but more likely the Bills will use that game to ease ML back into the lineup.

I'll be dipped....Maybe I shoulda worded it..For as much recognition he gets you would think he averages 5 yrds per carry.. :lol:

I know you're being facetious, but outside of Adrian Peterson, who has averaged 5+ YPC the last two years?

I don't think it has to be a case where once Lynch comes back, he's playing and Jackson, you're getting 3-5 touches and spending most of the game on the bench. Hopefully the offensive staff is smart enough to realize they have two good to very good backs on the roster and can constantly create mismatches with fresh legs and a variety of looks. If it were my team I'd rotate them both in and out throughout the game, and even find ways to get them both on the field at the same time. Keep the defenses guessing and keep from being predictable.

I agree...both will get plenty of carries but I start Jackson.

you guys are forgetful. lynch has run so so many times into a wall of defenders and made something out of nothing. we also had the idiot turk O where our formation showed what we were going to do, so guys knew lynch= most likely a run.

if we run our o like we have and lynch is in, he is going to break some tackles on a sweep and go to the house, as well as just destroy would be tacklers. both those guys are going to get even more touches this year than last and we'll be a better team for it.

Considering we are running the hurry up offense, do we have time to start substituting offensive players without giving the defense the same chance to bring in fresh players? Seems that the advantage of wearing down the defense is negated when given equal opportunity to substitute. Am I missing something?

the way i see it, for as great as fred jackson is doing, i cant wait to see lynch in this offense! i know everyone likes fred jackson because he's a quiet dude and he seems like he runs harder than lynch because he runs fast. but i think youre selling lynch short there. the kid can make plays happen, sometimes even after the second and third contact.

the way this offense is spreading the ball around and utilizing the RB, it's only going to get better for having lynch back.

big props to the Oline, who i routinely saw 5 or 6 yards down the field on runs. we havent had a push like that in years.

bring lynch in and then the biggest problem is figuring out how to get the ball to Lynch, Jackson, Evans and TO. not a bad problem to have.

the way i see it, for as great as fred jackson is doing, i cant wait to see lynch in this offense! i know everyone likes fred jackson because he's a quiet dude and he seems like he runs harder than lynch because he runs fast. but i think youre selling lynch short there. the kid can make plays happen, sometimes even after the second and third contact.

the way this offense is spreading the ball around and utilizing the RB, it's only going to get better for having lynch back.

big props to the Oline, who i routinely saw 5 or 6 yards down the field on runs. we havent had a push like that in years.

bring lynch in and then the biggest problem is figuring out how to get the ball to Lynch, Jackson, Evans and TO. not a bad problem to have.

Lynch did dominate a few games last year. Look forward to him playing. Lynch is very very strong and a beast past the line. We'll see. As you say the biggest thing will be incorporating everyone into the offense. Easier said than done.