Lynch may find himself on the bench when he returns...

Big Turk

Lynch is the top RB in the AFC East. He and Jackson will both be on the field as much as possible. Jackson is a great player. If you think he puts Lynch on the bench you are a dumbass.

165 yards, and you think it's unheard of? OK, Mrs. Lynch. Good to hear from you today.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know i ryde for marshawn.... But fred is doin his job...its marshawns own fault he wanted to be a *president obama voice* jackass...i cant see how they start marshawn after what fred has done....but fred does need help oman aint that sweet to have a back up role....he to small and old to be takin hits like that...marshawn and fred are great for each other...we need them both...

id still take marshawn tho....

bottom line when Lynch gets back we need to use both of them together....split carries early and whoever has the hot hand..you stick with...

I love what Jackson has done so far(minus the FUMBLE).....

But I have a feeling that Lynch will be just as good if not better given his chance in a couple weeks...

Yes, his explosive burst and breakaway speed should really come in handy when he gets to play again.

:lol:

If there are holes and he sees the 2nd level, he's a load when he has a head of steam. He could be the pounder to Jackson's change-of-pace speed back.

But I have a feeling that Lynch will be just as good if not better given his chance in a couple weeks...

Yeah, that's a possibility that so many people seem to be ignoring. Jackson has been great, but what if Lynch goes out there and is even better? I sure would love to have that "problem".

If there are holes and he sees the 2nd level, he's a load when he has a head of steam. He could be the pounder to Jackson's change-of-pace speed back.

I agree he's a load when he's got his steam up but I would probably amend the opening of your sentence to say "if there are holes and he sees them".

Marshawn's vision seems as bad as Jackson's seems good.

And that does not bode well for Lynch. :lol:

I agree he's a load when he's got his steam up but I would probably amend the opening of your sentence to say "if there are holes and he sees them".

jacksons vision is better no doubt.....but we shall see how much last yrs line had to do with being stuffed at the line so often.even Jackson had SOME troubles with that.

I can't argue with you there Simon. But looking at the numbers Lynch has put up, seeing 8-men fronts most of the time, I'd still like to see what he can do in this offense.

I can't argue with you there Simon. But looking at the numbers Lynch has put up, seeing 8-men fronts most of the time, I'd still like to see what he can do in this offense.

Yeah, I'm very curious also.

I'm just not getting my hopes up that we're going to see a significantly better version.

It would be sweet though to line them both up and see Jackson running wide for the pitch and Lynch hitting the line straight up and the defense never sure which one is going to get the ball. We might get to see a lot of frozen 'backers.

I'm just not getting my hopes up that we're going to see a significantly better version.

It would be sweet though to line them both up and see Jackson running wide for the pitch and Lynch hitting the line straight up and the defense never sure which one is going to get the ball. We might get to see a lot of frozen 'backers.

They were doing that in pre-season, no? If so, I think that's what we'll see.

Lynch is younger, made the pro-bowl, went to a D1 college, got drafted in the 1st round...that all counts for something.

None of that matters. Production is what counts, not the resume. Want to give me the resumes of Rockefeller and Gates before they become a force economically? One was an 8th grade drop-out and the other a college drop-out. Maybe those guys with PhDs should do better right?

Production counts, Jackson is producing.

After this game though I'm changing my view of Jackson as our #1 back though. He should only get at most 15-18 carries with Lynch getting the rest. He is better, but I can't see him taking that thrashing for 16 games.

Oh, and to say Lynch is better is a dumbass statement. Jackson must be accounted for on every play. Not so much with Lynch.

I've been saying they should do this for over a year now.....hopefully now....this will

so many mismatches you can create with both of them in the backfield

Play 'em both - 330 lb. defensive linemen get tired in a hurry, especially when you run a fast-paced no-huddle offense.

At, least, that's what one coach would do...

A coach cannot change the shape of the football field, but he can change its effective size. And if he can alter the environment, even slightly, he alters the environment's system of rewards and punishments. He can put 330-pound defensive linemen on the fast track to obsolescence and turn a pass-catching tailback into the holder of N.C.A.A. records. He can take a quarterback whose greatest assets are his moxie and his ability to see the field quickly and efficiently and make him the most prolific passer in the nation.

Mike leach

Having 2 great RBs both getting lots of touches can only tired out opposing D-lines and open up the passing game for Trentative.

Why not give them a similar amount of touches? Marshawn has shown he can take a beating and drag a pile, and Jackson has shown he can shuck and jive and deke out tacklers. It's a perfect combo. Have them both in the backfield, we know how much TE loves to hit the RBs coming out of there, and it'll create a lot of mismatches. As good as Jackson is looking now, I really think that when Lynch comes back, this running game/short-field passing game is gonna take off.