Lynch may find himself on the bench when he returns...

Big Turk

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you start Lynch. Jackson had mostly a great game for 2 straight weeks, but cant see them giving him the start over Lynch. The fumble didn't help his cause.

If put Lynch in early to wear down the Defense then switch to a fresh Jackson, have more chances for big plays, and better use of the 2 than the opposite. Lynch is more between the tackle and move the pile type, which would be better for wearing down the defense and slowing down the defense. Having Jackson come in later and fresh after the defense slows down a bit, will make him seem even faster, and may allow him to have some real big plays at end of halves, IMO.

I actually thought he looked a bit tired at times in the second half. Two back system will be a plus for this offense I believe.

I saw the same thing and agree that he looked almost gassed on a few plays. Again, in a hurry up offense, how do you start to substitute players without giving the same opportunity to the defense thereby negating any advantage in running hurry up? It's no longer a hurry up offense.

I actually thought he looked a bit tired at times in the second half. Two back system will be a plus for this offense I believe.

Every time he ran off for a breather, seemed like they sent him right back out a play later, to get Omon off the field.

Did seem like he was gassed by the no huddle at times.

I saw the same thing and agree that he looked almost gassed on a few plays. Again, in a hurry up offense, how do you start to substitute players without giving the same opportunity to the defense thereby negating any advantage in running hurry up? It's no longer a hurry up offense.

all we need to do is sub the RB every 5 plays or so. its not that big of a deal. or have them swap drives.

the point is to keep the legs fresher, longer.

Jackson has always been the guy who just seemingly looks better in this offense, and now he has proven it. Lynch is a great hammer, but Jackson reminds me so much of Thurman...the way he catches the ball in stride and makes people miss, the way he slips and slides thru the holes and jukes people without really juking them...I don't see how they give Lynch his old job back...Jackson has been nothing short of tremendous and is a better back for this offense than Lynch at this point, if not just a better back outright...

I'm not so sure it is a good idea at all to bench him, but having a change of pace back and flat out great running back in Lynch only makes our offense more potent.

Considering we are running the hurry up offense, do we have time to start substituting offensive players without giving the defense the same chance to bring in fresh players? Seems that the advantage of wearing down the defense is negated when given equal opportunity to substitute. Am I missing something?

If you don't want to interrupt the pace of the no huddle (again, it's not a hurry up most of the time), then you simply have the two backs alternate series.

Why is it such an impossibility for fans to envision a team using 2 backs effectively?

You're not being clear with your language.

Many teams use two backs effectively. It's a league-wide trend to use a backfield-by-committee.

What is very rare however is for a team to use two "feature backs" at the same time...that is, having them on the field at the same time.

Didnt read the whole thread, but I am just going to chime in here.

Jackson, IMO, is the better all around back. He is a better reciever, more explosive, just as powerful, equally elusive, and has better vision. More importantly, he hits the whole with a lot more authority as Lynch dances too much.

That doesnt mean Lynch isnt a good RB, but I think Jackson is just that good. He is a lot more dynamic IMO...

Okay - I need to chime in... Lynch is a beast and Jackson is a gamer. Everyone thinks Lynch should get the starting position because he runs hard and he is penciled in as the starter. The fact of the matter is if Jackson puts up another big game next week, it will be a front office failure to put Lynch back in as the starter. Jackson is the hot hand. Not to compare this to the Flutie/Johnson debate (because comparatively speaking Lynch and Jackson are both great), but Lynch should not just get his spot back because he was the starter. He is a good back and has the pedigree, but Jackson is just a winner. Every time he starts he puts up 100+ yards of offense. Putting Lynch back in will further prove whether or not DJ is the same old DJ or really playing to win. This is a major league decision and to bench your high payed starter in favor of the no-name reserve is a decision made by a winner. Mark my word, when Jackson erupts again next week, DJ will have the decision of his life. Either way you look at, if AVP is as good as we think he is, he will get them both in the game as they are 2 of the top 4 offensive weapons on the team.

Why anyone would pretend RB's are like QB's is beyond me. You can have more than one. Instead of the 70/30 split (or something like that) last year it's going to be more like 55/45 now. Jackson has earned that but he'll be in a wheelchair if he gets 27 carries every week.

Why does everyone keep thinking he can't carry the load? He is 215 lbs (same as Lynch, though 2 inches taller).

Why does everyone keep thinking he can't carry the load? He is 215 lbs (same as Lynch, though 2 inches taller).

He isnt quite as physical a runner as Lynch is...altho he is plenty tough. I guess no one knows if Jackson can carry the load for a full season because he never has(in the NFL). I don't think its necessary for either one of them to carry the load now. Thats a good thing.

He isnt quite as physical a runner as Lynch is...altho he is plenty tough. I guess no one knows if Jackson can carry the load for a full season because he never has. I don't think its necessary for either one of them to carry the load now. Thats a good thing.

and thats exactly what it comes down to