Derek Schouman injury and the TE position

Golden Wheels

From the reaction of the medical staff and the fact he was taken off on a cart, it looks like Schouman suffered a season-ending injury to his knee.

Do the Bills do anything other than activating Stupar?

Looked to me like a broken leg.

I missed what happended to Nelson...

Thank GOD we have Derek Fine ans Stupar on our team or we would be lost....LOL

Best thing to come of this may be more Parrish and (eating some crow here) Reed on the field.

Dunno if I'd call it "good depth" but it's depth. There's a reason TE's are typically not drafted high unless you're a complete game-changer, there's simply truckfuls of cornfed dust bowl white boys who can catch everything and run... sorta, that can get plugged in and look mostly similar to one another. Like, say, Derek Fine and Derek Schouman and Jonathan Stupar. Nelson is the potential game-changer but still went in the 4th round because he's so raw.

Dunno if I'd call it "good depth" but it's depth. There's a reason TE's are typically not drafted high unless you're a complete game-changer, there's simply truckfuls of cornfed dust bowl white boys who can catch everything and run... sorta, that can get plugged in and look mostly similar to one another. Like, say, Derek Fine and Derek Schouman and Jonathan Stupar. Nelson is the potential game-changer but still went in the 4th round because he's so raw.

Fair enough... But that's why I said 'good' and not 'great'! [if I were an emoticon type of person, I suppose I'd put some sort of 'wink' there.]

My guess is if Schouman's injury is serious, and it appeared to be, they will bring someone in. They had a couple TE's in Buffalo working them out a couple days before yesterdays game, and that was before the injury. If they were considering bringing in another TE then, one would think they would think that even more now.

So basically Schouman, Fine, and Stupar are all the same player because they are white, but Nelson is a game changer because he's not. Got it.

Folks seem to be underplaying Schouman's importance to the Bills offense. So far he has been Edwards #1 target. Maybe Fine, Nelson or Stupar will step up but Schouman's loss is major.

PTR

great point. TE was really beginning to have some chemistry with him. This is a pretty big loss IMO.

Nelson said on twitter that his shoulder is fine. Says he's looking forward to the saints game. :rolleyes:

Cool. Hopefully Schouman isn't out for long, and Stupar (after he's elevated to the roster and activated for the game) has a good showing.

So basically Schouman, Fine, and Stupar are all the same player because they are white, but Nelson is a game changer because he's not. Got it.

Yeah, that was exactly what I was going for. Tool :rolleyes:

Or you strap a JATO on Fine's back and drop some lead in his pants and give him platform shoes so he starts running 4.5's at 6'5" and 240+ with a 33 inch vertical so he's a Tony Scheffler-type physical mismatch on LB's and safeties, which nobody else on the roster is close to, that'd work too.

Schouman's injury is a blessing in disguise. While I don't wish injury on any Bills.......this will force Trent to get Nelson and Fine involved more, which is good because both have a higher upside than Schouman, especially Nelson. This is better for the future of the offense...........