What is your state's yearly vehicle registration fee?

Ramius

Florida recently jacked up their car registration rates a ton (almost doubling them). They claim it was because we had some of the lowest yearly registration rates in the nation and we were just getting our in line with the rest of the country. I'm running this simple survey to determine if they are accurate or full of crap. So if you could post the state you live in and your yearly cost of registration for comparison's sake, i'd appreciate it.

I drive a Chevy S-10. The first 6 years i lived here my yearly registration was $45, and this year with the new rates, it jumped to $70.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think like 25 bucks. But we have property taxes on vehicles in VA as well, based on the blue book value. This adds depending on county, several hundred to several thousand to the cost.

You got off easy, here in Va Beach I just re-registered my 06 Silverado and it was $95 which included a $1 discount for doing it online. :lol:

The personal property taxes are roughly $130 a year for the same truck.

You got off easy, here in Va Beach I just re-registered my 06 Silverado and it was $95 which included a $1 discount for doing it online. ;)

The personal property taxes are roughly $130 a year for the same truck.

Is that for 2 years????

I didn't think it was that much in VA? Do you have personlized tags? Or do they charge a difference for registration based on county? If so I didn't realize that.

Your property tax is cheap. On an 07 Camry I pay 450 for a year.

Is that for 2 years????

I didn't think it was that much in VA? Do you have personlized tags? Or do they charge a difference for registration based on county? If so I didn't realize that.

Your property tax is cheap. On an 07 Camry I pay 450 for a year.

I renewed 2 years for $125

Wisconsin is $75

I just looked at my records for Wisconsin --

In '03, I paid $45.

In '04-'07, I paid $55.

In '08-'09, I paid $85 (actually $86, because I paid with credit card and they charge an extra $1... Or $2 if you pay at the DMV... Lame).

This is for a '99 and an '03 car.