TO: "They need to better utilize myself and Lee"

Big Turk

I don't see the big deal. Was really calm, didn't seem to say anything inflammatory...

said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there"

I guess the last thing could be a little jab at Trent, but hey, if that is what it takes for this guy to just throw the freaking ball down the field, I don't really mind it...I am sure Evans doesn't either...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the big deal. Was really calm, didn't seem to say anything inflammatory...

said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there"

I guess the last thing could be a little jab at Trent, but hey, if that is what it takes for this guy to just throw the freaking ball down the field, I don't really mind it...I am sure Evans doesn't either...

I saw it too and I have no problem with it. I also like how he addressed the team and didn't talk to the media.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/3182/3182

Owens' praise for the Patriots was followed by some advice for his quarterback, Trent Edwards.

“There were some opportunities that we missed," Owens said. "Trent has to better assess what he’s seeing out there and take some shots down the field.”

Edwards, the third-year quarterback who completed only five passes to Owens and Evans, agreed.

"Those two guys are the biggest part of the offense," Edwards said. "I don’t want to force the ball to them, but I do need to take shots downfield when they are there."

Meh. Nothing to see here, SportsCenter. Move along ...

He also said that it wasn't the reason that the Bills lost....in fact, he said that the Bills had the game in the bag without the deep ball, but it is something that the team has to work on.

This is ESPN trying to cause a controversy, no?

He also said that it wasn't the reason that the Bills lost....in fact, he said that the Bills had the game in the bag without the deep ball, but it is something that the team has to work on.

This is ESPN trying to cause a controversy, no?

They need TO to blow up for some more ratings. I hope he blows up in the stat books not with the media.

Thanks for posting the link, Lori.

I thought TO's comments were measured and honest. Clearly there is no controversy within the locker room. Also I didn't think the reporter, David Amber tried to make it an incendiary piece. No doubt he was asked by his boss to cover that angle. But I thought he did it in a low key manner.

To me the most interesting part of the article was Leodis McKelvin kinda joking about the vandalism to his lawn.

"McKelvin said he was partly angry by what happened, but he did find humor in it and added with a smile, “my neighbors came by and cut my grass, so it wasn’t all bad.”

Nice to see him find the levity in the situation and nice to know that his neighbors cut his lawn.

It is important that Leodis handle this situation thoughtfully. I'm hoping/guessing that he won't press charges against the two teenagers.

Just f.y.i., T.O. could use a grammar lesson. As could many people.

"They need to better utilize ME and Lee" or "they need to better utilize Lee and ME." or, even better, "they need to better USE ME and LEE."

"myself" is a reflexive pronoun. The only person who can use "myself" is "me." Not "you" or "they." I use myself. You use yourself. He uses himself. Etc. I cant use yourself, and you cant use myself.

Many people say this to try to sound educated. But it really makes them sound worse. And "utilize" is just a fancy way to say "use." Again, tryin to sound more edumacated.

Just my 45 cents.

As to the substance, T.O. should have kept his mouth shout about Leodis. I'm sure most of the locker room was thinking he should not have brought the ball out, but why does T.O. take it upon himself to mention it. It should be handled in-house.

Just f.y.i., T.O. could use a grammar lesson. As could many people.

"They need to better utilize ME and Lee" or "they need to better utilize Lee and ME." or, even better, "they need to better USE ME and LEE."

"myself" is a reflexive pronoun. The only person who can use "myself" is "me." Not "you" or "they." I use myself. You use yourself. He uses himself. Etc. I cant use yourself, and you cant use myself.

Many people say this to try to sound educated. But it really makes them sound worse. And "utilize" is just a fancy way to say "use." Again, tryin to sound more edumacated.

Just my 45 cents.

As to the substance, T.O. should have kept his mouth shout about Leodis. I'm sure most of the locker room was thinking he should not have brought the ball out, but why does T.O. take it upon himself to mention it. It should be handled in-house.

Well as long as you're going to criticize TO's grammar, may I be the first to point out that you "utilized" the word shout instead of shut.

Sorry dude, but if you're going to play that game...

If T.O. says nothing... people will begin questioning whether he's just here to collect a paycheck. Part of his job is to be a locker room presence, and that means speaking up when necessary. So far, so good.

On an ESPN note- Schlereth is Sofa King bad at his current job, I cannot print my true thoughts for the man here. He's so pompously opinionated and in need of a fist in his face.

Like matter said, ESPN made a real big deal out of it. "One week into the season, and Terrell Owens is already unhappy," etc. Ridiculous.

One week into the season and I'M unhappy.

Lost the game, lost Poz.

It begins.

It won't end. You know ESPN will milk this as much as they can. It could be week 10, the Bills could be 8-2, and he could make some similar comment that would be construed as him stirring things up, trying to put all the focus on himself.

Whether it's TO "ranting" or ESPN blowing it out of proportion, this is what we're signed up for.

I think the one thing that TO is missing is that if he "catches" the ball on 3rd downs it sustains drives, which in turn gives him more of an opportunity to "catch more balls". So basically he is his own destiny. If he would just ponder that for a minute maybe things would be more clearer to him.

I was so happy with the TO signing not because of his production, but because of these TO kind of comments.

You may become the happiest man in Buffalo in the next few weeks.

Look, TO could have said nothing but "we stuck to our gameplan and it worked, but for an unfortunate late turnover."

Why did he have to say said they "missed some opportunities in the game to take some shots down the field and didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as they would have liked..." also said they "will be taking shots down the field and that Trent needs to better assess whats going on out there".

I finally saw the press confrence of T.O. from yesterday. Also I saw the espn spin on it. It was totally off on what they were trying to show how to T.O. "attacked" his teamates. ESPN is wrong for that! Then i go to NFL network and it's nothing like that. They praise who they want to praise, and put down who they what to put down. I finally see what the TBD was saying all along. Then they make lil comments about the Bills. Like we are the only team that is bad in the nfl. They are just a sad case. LOL and its just week one.