Brandon should assess Lynch's market value

SDS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

a talent poor team needs to make bold moves to improve their talent. It has been proven time and again that RB is the easiest position on the field to replace. People get pulled out of warehouses to rush for 1000 yards.

This isn't a talent poor team. I see what you are saying but Lynch in my opinion is indispensable. The combo of Lynch and Freddie can pound 7 guys in the box all game. We actually have a credible threat on the outside opposite Lee Evans now. Imagine Lee an T.O. wide with Lynch in the backfield and Freddie in the slot. Who do you cover? This is where we need Edwards to recognize the talent. Its there, it just needs to be brought to the surface.

That's why you drafted Harris and Buggs, make it work.

SDS, say they decided to shop Lynch, which direction would you suggest they go? There is a need a DT and LB. What team has the depth to let a guy go for a RB? I think its the Giants. They have a loaded front 7 and we can tap in there. Jacobs is a beast but always gets dinged.

OK. Yes. Of we could get a trade like Dallas did for Walker, I'd do it. Heck, I'd trade any 2 of our players for that. But, let's be a little realistic. We're not going to get all that for Lynch. I'd have to see what's on the table, but I find it hard to believe we could get enough value (plus ou'd have to convince me we're not going to select another CB with the draft pick).

Let's also bring ourselves back down to earth a bit. Yes, Jackson looked great last night. He was running those screens and I had visions of Thurmal out there. It truly was great running. But... he only had 15 carries for 57 yards. We need more running yardage than that. And that's what the 2 back combo of Lynch and Jackson gives us. We have 2 solid running backs, I really don't see any need to weaken that spot just so we can potentially improve somewhere else.

i was just using dallas as the example. i know we wouldnt take a team's entire draft for lynch, but sometimes you have to make the hard decision or unpopular decision to get better or to get to where you want/need to be.

Geez... Talk about "what have you done for me lately?" BEASTMODE is suspended for the first 3 games and already posters want to trade him away in light of Freddy's performance yesterday night. Have you guys forgot what he brings to this team when he is on the field?? BEASTMODE isnt going anywhere, you trade from a position of strength, where you have great depth. We have nothing behind Fred...

So, if I understand this correctly - the VAST majority of Bills fans across the country consider this team to be a near term disaster. However, they would prefer to keep RB a position of strength (the position with the SHORTEST career expectancy) so that we have a great one-two punch during the time we are really bad.

I have always thought that RB is one of the last pieces of the puzzle you add to your team.

Regardless, everyone arguing against me is dead wrong for the simple fact that I explicitly said that Brandon should actively assess his value and ONLY trade him if the value is there it improves our team. It seems a bit idiotic to argue against that point if you ask me... almost knee-jerk like... right Magox? :thumbsup:

a talent poor team needs to make bold moves to improve their talent. It has been proven time and again that RB is the easiest position on the field to replace. People get pulled out of warehouses to rush for 1000 yards.

Pulled out of warehouses? Who has done that? I know of a quarterback that has, and he has done alright-Kurt Warner. Please provide this list, I am looking forward to 1000 rushers (plural) who have been pulled from warehouses.

So, if I understand this correctly - the VAST majority of Bills fans across the country consider this team to be a near term disaster. However, they would prefer to keep RB a position of strength (the position with the SHORTEST career expectancy) so that we have a great one-two punch during the time we are really bad.

I have always thought that RB is one of the last pieces of the puzzle you add to your team.

Regardless, everyone arguing against me is dead wrong for the simple fact that I explicitly said that Brandon should actively assess his value and ONLY trade him if the value is there it improves our team. It seems a bit idiotic to argue against that point if you ask me... almost knee-jerk like... right Magox? :thumbsup:

If you want to get technical, you could say that about anyone on the roster. Lynch will provide more value on the field than he will in a trade, since he is one more Lynchism (screwup) from being suspended for a year.

Right SDS!

We should be actively be shopping, excuse me "assessing" his trade value right after Jacksons good performance.

This isn't a talent poor team. I see what you are saying but Lynch in my opinion is indispensable. The combo of Lynch and Freddie can pound 7 guys in the box all game. We actually have a credible threat on the outside opposite Lee Evans now. Imagine Lee an T.O. wide with Lynch in the backfield and Freddie in the slot. Who do you cover? This is where we need Edwards to recognize the talent. Its there, it just needs to be brought to the surface.

That's why you drafted Harris and Buggs, make it work.

SDS, say they decided to shop Lynch, which direction would you suggest they go? There is a need a DT and LB. What team has the depth to let a guy go for a RB? I think its the Giants. They have a loaded front 7 and we can tap in there. Jacobs is a beast but always gets dinged.

No one is indispensable on a losing team. The question is - what are your expectations for the 2009/2010 Bills?

If it is out of the playoffs, then who gives a care who your RB is? That position will likely turnover by the time you get it together.

Pulled out of warehouses? Who has done that? I know of a quarterback that has, and he has done alright-Kurt Warner. Please provide this list, I am looking forward to 1000 rushers (plural) who have been pulled from warehouses.

Don't know if they worked in warehouses, but they were undrafted:

Priest Holmes

Willie Parker

Ryan Grant

Priest Holmes?

Sam Gado was the guy who came to mind (rushed for almost 600 yards in 8 games), but regardless - it was a figure of speech. There have been many examples of backs coming out of nowhere to have great seasons.

No one is indispensable on a losing team. The question is - what are your expectations for the 2009/2010 Bills?

If it is out of the playoffs, then who gives a care who your RB is? That position will likely turnover by the time you get it together.

This is the glass half empty. It was 1 game, we have been a losing team, yes, but do we start dismantling after the first game? I like everyone else loved the added dimension Freddie brings. But he has a bad wrist that could seriously limit him down the stretch. Every time an OL went to give him a hand up he always used his right hand, and pulled his away when they tried to grab the left hand.

Lynch is still an untapped talent. He is young and grossly immature. I think if Russ, "shops him" and doesn't get a bite any moral Lynch had with the offense and the team is shot. I see what you are saying but I disagree with you. Our defense looked great and injuries happen. Just have to score more points.

Sam Gado was the guy who came to mind (rushed for almost 600 yards in 8 games), but regardless - it was a figure of speech. There have been many examples of backs coming out of nowhere to have great seasons.

Bernie Parmalle was working for UPS, they have a ware house.

Good point.

Overall, it is rough in this league to trade for players due to eating signing bonuses, contract obligations, etc. I tend to think of trades almost exclusively in terms of getting draft picks. Imo Lynch's value has greatly diminished due to his inability to control himself off the field. A very good season in 2009 ould serve to boost his value back up.

I gues what I mean is I would hate to trade him for a mid round pick. Something like the MaGahee deal would however tempt me.

I would consider it depending on what we get back. But I don't think it will happen for the following reasons.

1. Fred Jackson looked great last night, but that was largely due to the defense double teaming two WRs. I'm not sure he can be an every down back next year without TO and Evans.

Were the receivers double teamed when Jackson tore New England to shreds last December? I remember a game where the wind was so bad that passing was virtually impossible and the Patriots knew the run was coming, but they still couldn't stop Jackson.

I may be biased as possibly the only person who didn't want the Bills to waste a high pick on him in the first place. But oddly enough, I don't currently feel compelled to move him unless the return were to be far higher than I would anticipate.

He's an average back even when he is on the field, but he's been one of the few physical players on the Bills offense in recent years. I think I'd try to keep his head on straight, see if you can get a really good abbreviated year out of him and then trade him in the offseason for whatever you can get.