Brandon should assess Lynch's market value

SDS

This trade Lynch crap is crazy.

No, it's not.

Unlike most fan trades where they try to unload their crap for someone else's stars, you need to trade value to get value. Depending what Lynch would fetch in the open market, we could improve another area of our team substantially and not be much worse off.

Sure you may be trading depth, but that is reasonable if you upgrade your starters.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not.

Unlike most fan trades where they try to unload their crap for someone else's stars, you need to trade value to get value. Depending what Lynch would fetch in the open market, we could improve another area of our team substantially and not be much worse off.

Sure you may be trading depth, but that is reasonable if you upgrade your starters.

:thumbsup:

No, it's not.

SDS, I hear ya, but I'll tell ya we've waited so long to a complimentary back system (going back to Davis and Thurman) and we have NO BACK-UPS after these two that I think you hurt yourself greatly through subtraction.

Both guys can run, both can catch. I know there is only one ball, but we really do need both guys, almost as much as we need help in other positions.

No, it's not.

agree, but only if freddy keeps up this pace. and thats if the bills give him the chance to do so after beast mode's suspension ends

SDS, I hear ya, but I'll tell ya we've waited so long to a complimentary back system (going back to Davis and Thurman) and we have NO BACK-UPS after these two that I think you hurt yourself greatly through subtraction.

Both guys can run, both can catch. I know there is only one ball, but we really do need both guys, almost as much as we need help in other positions.

a talent poor team needs to make bold moves to improve their talent. It has been proven time and again that RB is the easiest position on the field to replace. People get pulled out of warehouses to rush for 1000 yards.

a talent poor team needs to make bold moves to improve their talent. It has been proven time and again that RB is the easiest position on the field to replace. People get pulled out of warehouses to rush for 1000 yards.

I totally agree with this argument.

But that is why a trade partner will be difficult. Smart teams know that it's pointless to trade a high draft pick for a RB with some mileage (and even more baggage). The way Lynch runs, his career isn't going to have a long duration. And it's not like you're trading Portis at his peak - actually, come to think of it, the Redskins might be capable of being fleeced here.

If RB is so easy to replace, why is some team going to give up a good player for a RB?

make a real point or get out of my thread. thank you.

ya, my point was, "what a typical knee jerk reaction". That was my point.

But if you want details, fine.

*It is becoming apparent that you need 2 good backs in this league on your team to succeed.

*What happens if Freddy goes down?

*Marshawn was voted into the probowl because of his tough running.

*Marshawn has a knack for finding the endzone and is a better red zone running back.

better? :thumbsup:

look what dallas did to become the 90's dynasty. traded away their best player and sucked for 3 years, but the end was worth the means

No, it's not.

Isn't Freddy like 28 years old? If he was a little younger, I might entertain the idea.

Jackson is great but Lynch is still the best every down back on this team. I feel you need multiple backs and love what Lynch brings. However RB is the easiest position to fill in the NFL. Every year a 4th rounder makes a big impact on some team. It is because its more about the OL than the RB. Next season you could add a RB in the late rounds and replace Lynch's production IF you have a better OL, ie having a worse RB behind a better OL will get you the same amount of yards, TDs, etc. Trading Lynch for a great LT or DE (which would allow us to focus on the OL next offseason)would not be a bad idea but you wont get that. You would be luckey to get anything comparable to his draft slot as a rookie.... So trading Lynch is not a good idea.

No, it's not.

I completely agree. If we could fetch a Pro Bowl caliber linebacker (probably not, but maybe), I would be ALL FOR trading Lynch and having Fred be our go-to guy. Just wish we hadn't cut Rhodes, then this would seem much more feasible.

But that is why a trade partner will be difficult. Smart teams know that it's pointless to trade a high draft pick for a RB with some mileage (and even more baggage). The way Lynch runs, his career isn't going to have a long duration. And it's not like you're trading Portis at his peak - actually, come to think of it, the Redskins might be capable of being fleeced here.

Not true. Look at these teams that trade for guys like Portis and McGahee, or throw big bucks at free agent RB's--it's idiotic. You can find rookies and undrafted free agents who will run just as well, plug them in, and then when they become too expensive, let them go.

I bet if we shopped Marshawn Lynch, we could at least get a valuable player in return for him--maybe a solid DT or safety?

Trading Lynch as much of a thug as he is would be just another stupid move in the anals of the Bills FO. Fred Jackson can't go 16 games getting just about every touch like he did last night, his body won't take the punishment. If he ever went down and all we had was Omon we would be in a world of hurt. Most good teams nowadays have more than one good runner, look at New England, they used 4 or 5 last night. Rotating two fresh backs in and out is better anyday of the week than one runner who has 30 carries and is exhausted in the 4th quarter when you need fresh legs. And don't forget that Lynch is one more dumbass move away from being suspended for an entire season (and he has given no reason to believe that it won't happen either), that will always hurt his value, just look at how few teams are interested in Brandon Marshall, one of top 4 or 5 receivers in the league.