Okay, I'm over it

Doc

Bills losses just don't bother me as much as they used to, probably because they happen a lot and I realize I can't control them. They played well against a team everyone and their mother thought would dismantle them, and in typical fashion, lost thanks to some dumb plays. They showed a lot, but not that they're ready to win a big game like that on the road on MNF.

But it was the first game of a 16-game season. And it was a road loss to a team everyone thought would have been a loss anyway. So onto the rest of the season.

Me too, Im numb to these losses, I dont get my hopes up until theres 0:00 on the clock, been there too many times since the glory days. We these Bills you expect and wait for the one mistake to lose the game. Then watch it and think to yourself, yep, knew that was coming.

Me too, Im numb to these losses, I dont get my hopes up until theres 0:00 on the clock, been there too many times since the glory days. We these Bills you expect and wait for the one mistake to lose the game. Then watch it and think to yourself, yep, knew that was coming.

I'm not numb. I feel the pain completely. I don't care. I can take it. I still root for the Bills.

The Bills are my team. Sure I moved away from Buffalo and the suckitude isn't cool. It doesn't mean I'm going to turn around and root for someone else or stop watching. I think you just have other things in your life and embrace being a fan whether they're good, bad or other.

I'm not numb. I feel the pain completely. I don't care. I can take it. I still root for the Bills.

:pirate:

We're all used to it and there's no reason to hide the pain. As pi$$ed off as I was last night, I'm over it also. I'm taking this loss as a positive right now, despite the horrific, heart-breaking nature of it.

Bills losses just don't bother me as much as they used to, probably because they happen a lot and I realize I can't control them. They played well against a team everyone and their mother thought would dismantle them, and in typical fashion, lost thanks to some dumb plays. They showed a lot, but not that they're ready to win a big game like that on the road on MNF.

But it was the first game of a 16-game season. And it was a road loss to a team everyone thought would have been a loss anyway. So onto the rest of the season.

I just manage my expectations, so I don't get way too low as I used to after these devastating losses. I even turned to my wife last night when it was 24-13, and said, "I'm pretty sure we're going to find a way to blow this game." When it happened, I was prepared. Pretty sad.

:pirate:

We're all used to it and there's no reason to hide the pain. As pi$$ed off as I was last night, I'm over it also. I'm taking this loss as a positive right now, despite the horrific, heart-breaking nature of it.

I'll say this for Bills fans and WNYer's; we're a tough lot! There's real mettle in being from the area and devoted to this team. Look at the words you used. Pain, Horrific, Heart-Breaking. No mincing, no hyperbole. Real.

And we move on to a new day.

More impressive, IMO, is the overwhelming positives most of us are taking from this. Overcoming a loss of this magnitude to a conference and divisional foe is very difficult, and impossible for the Bills this century. But there's real hope here and we have a trained eye and a tough gut to see it.

Go Bills!