Wasn't Schobel supposed to suck....

sharper802

He looked god for the first half... They need to line up Maybin as an OLB behind him and have them both rush....

He looked good in the second half too.

Closed out the run a couple times, flushed Brady a couple times, made a couple strong plays in the redzone.

He looked god for the first half... They need to line up Maybin as an OLB behind him and have them both rush....

How many plays did he make when the game was on the line for us and the Patriots scored twice in obvious passing situations? Its been the same thing throughout his career here...make plays when it matters least and fade away when it matters most...

How many times did Bruce end comeback bids by teams with a 3rd or 4th down sack?

He looked good in the second half too.

Closed out the run a couple times, flushed Brady a couple times, made a couple strong plays in the redzone.

The whole D line looked good at times. I am happy with what I saw. I would have loved to win, but I will take a lose like this over blowout any day.

How many plays did he make when the game was on the line for us and the Patriots scored twice in obvious passing situations? Its been the same thing throughout his career here...make plays when it matters least and fade away when it matters most...

How many times did Bruce end comeback bids by teams with a 3rd or 4th down sack?

pretty sure that INT for a TD mattered a little.

I knew someone would come in with a line like this. His sack in the 1st half ended a drive (read: Big play) and his TD stayed on the board the entire game (read: big play).

Nobody is saying Schobel is Bruce but the guy is a good DE, there are plenty of players that Bills fans could ridicule yet they choose to get on the back of one of their best players.

Seriously, I haven't been Schobel's biggest fan, but he had a great game today. This one definitely wasn't on him; it may have been in spite of him.

i think great is stretching it a bit..he was good--kinda disappeared there toward the end.

He mad one huge play on 4th goal.

And blew up another running play late in the game.

But he sucks because he couldn't get to Brady in 2.4 seconds after he'd been on the field for 40 minutes.

Good call. :censored:

Perhaps he was exhausted from being on the field for an entire quarter longer than the Patriots defense?

What the !@#$ is wrong with you people?

Schobel paid off Father Time for tonight's game. I haven't seen him play like that in a long time. Maybin looked terrible, though. First game, I know, but they just kind of tossed him upfield and made him irrelevant. Lot of good that "fast first step" did him.

I knew someone would come in with a line like this. His sack in the 1st half ended a drive (read: Big play) and his TD stayed on the board the entire game (read: big play).

Nobody is saying Schobel is Bruce but the guy is a good DE, there are plenty of players that Bills fans could ridicule yet they choose to get on the back of one of their best players.

I'm not on his back at all, but I AM pointing out that when he had a chance to make a game ending play, he didn't make it, nor has he really ever made it throughout his career...thats it. Its great that he does things at other times in the game, but when it really comes down to needing a big play, he doesn't produce...really, neither does anyone else on the Bills defense, so its not just him...

By far the best player on the field tonight for the D. Right up there with Freddie for player of the game for the Bills.

Him and Maybin are going to be fierce. Here's hoping Kelsay isn't out for too long because the D's pressure evaporated with him leaving. He did a good job of causing a nuisance so the Aarons could do their job.

I'm not on his back at all, but I AM pointing out that when he had a chance to make a game ending play, he didn't make it, nor has he really ever made it throughout his career...thats it. Its great that he does things at other times in the game, but when it really comes down to needing a big play, he doesn't produce...really, neither does anyone else on the Bills defense, so its not just him...

Come on. How many DEs in the entire world would have been in position for that play in the first place? Schobel was awesome.

Schobel paid off Father Time for tonight's game. I haven't seen him play like that in a long time. Maybin looked terrible, though. First game, I know, but they just kind of tossed him upfield and made him irrelevant. Lot of good that "fast first step" did him.

i disagree with your view of Maybin. he certainly doesn't have much else if not the speed rush, but his speed rush was awfully close to nabbing Brady a few times and forced some poor throws.

Once he learns a few counter moves to setup the tackles, he will be able to use that fast first step to blow past people...

Shoot...he still will probably have games where he blows by the other teams LT just because they aren't a pro-bowl caliber LT like Matt Light is...