Stupar Activated for Tonight

K-9

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is that this means they watched Bell practice all week and decided he needs a ton of help.

This may be a last-minute announcement, but Fine hasn't practiced all week. That suggests gamesmanship, not a panic decision.

The better question is, did Stupar travel with the team? Kinda wierd to bring a PS player along on roadtrips; they normally stay in Buffalo.

But jeah Jenkins must have one miserable evening... Can they drop Stupar back to PS and resign Jenkins to the roster after the game again? Any chance this may mean that Runyan will sign after the game?

depending on Fine, I have a hunch that's the plan. I think Jenkins is one of the best gunners we've had since Tasker...if Fine is looking to be ready for next week, I think Stupar is back on practice squad and Jenkins is back on the active roster. I remember one game back in 96 where Tasker was cut before the game so we could activate Mitchell Galloway. The next day, Billy Conaty was cut and slipped back onto the practice squad and Tasker was re-signed.

Oh, and we won that game, too...after being down 26-0

:wallbash::D:worthy: !@#$, !@#$, !@#$, !@#$, !@#$in' !@#$ !@#$ !@#$. sh--.

How is it that players leave the Bills and then perform. Is there some sort of reverse-lobotomy procedure going on when they leave the locker room for the last time.

Jeebuz, it's just one game. It's not like Royal never caught a pass with the Bills.

PTR

depending on Fine, I have a hunch that's the plan. I think Jenkins is one of the best gunners we've had since Tasker...if Fine is looking to be ready for next week, I think Stupar is back on practice squad and Jenkins is back on the active roster. I remember one game back in 96 where Tasker was cut before the game so we could activate Mitchell Galloway. The next day, Billy Conaty was cut and slipped back onto the practice squad and Tasker was re-signed.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/09/14/s...-get-called-up/

It's Monday so Jenkins gets his full contract paid, correct?
I think you need 4 years in the league to become vested. Since he isn't vested, he gets nothing.

did Jenkins travel with the team? that kind of sucks to be released that close to game time
Practice squad players don't normally travel with the team. So they had to have planned this ahead of time so Stupar would know to show up for the flight. They just waited as long as they were allowed to before announcing the roster moves.

Ty for the answer wasnt sure if it was allowed.

I like it. Nothing personal, Justin, but there are other ST gunners on the team. Blocking TEs, not so much.

I don't.

They saw fit to put Jenkins on the roster. Stupar on the PS...so he's now on the roster come what may if I understand the rules correctly..

This really burns me - how do they justify a player cut, the day of the opener?

I think loyalty between the club and the players matters a lot.

I don't.

They saw fit to put Jenkins on the roster. Stupar on the PS...so he's now on the roster come what may if I understand the rules correctly..

They justify it with a Tight End who couldn't practice all week due to injury. Seems reasonable to me. And it wouldn't surprise me if they let Jenkins know ahead of time, and also let him know that they'll look to re-sign him at some point if they have the opportunity.

I don't.

It's a business. As long as they aren't being dishonest or unethical in their business dealings with him, I don't have a problem with it. If they want to add somebody to the roster, they need to cut somebody. He must have figured he wasn't going to stick around all that long. At the very least, there was no way they would keep 7 WR on the roster once Hardy is healthy enough to play. On top of that, somebody else is going to have to get cut when Lynch's suspension is up.

They justify it with a Tight End who couldn't practice all week due to injury. Seems reasonable to me. And it wouldn't surprise me if they let Jenkins know ahead of time, and also let him know that they'll look to re-sign him at some point if they have the opportunity.

Yup. Phil mentioned the Tasker move. IIRC, Tasker may have even been the one who suggested it.