Nate Clements ...

dave mcbride

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the 5 best corners on the planet head up on one of the 5 best receivers on the planet.

It's been a world class matchup all day.

Great great stuff......

Antonio Cromartie

Nnamdi Asomugha

Champ Bailey

Asante Samuel

Cortland Finnegan

Nate Clements isn't on that list. I could argue there are others that would go above Clements too, or are at least on the same level (Dunta Robinson, Al Harris, Marcus Trufant, Terrence Newman, DeAngelo Hall, Darrelle Revis, Shawn Springs (when healthy)). I'm not sure how anyone can confuse Nate Clements with "one of the best corners on the planet."

Antonio Cromartie

Nnamdi Asomugha

Champ Bailey

Asante Samuel

Cortland Finnegan

Nate Clements isn't on that list. I could argue there are others that would go above Clements too, or are at least on the same level (Dunta Robinson, Al Harris, Marcus Trufant, Terrence Newman, DeAngelo Hall, Darrelle Revis, Shawn Springs (when healthy)). I'm not sure how anyone can confuse Nate Clements with "one of the best corners on the planet."

I was never a big Nate fan and might agree with your first five, but including Hall on this list costs you all credibility.

Antonio Cromartie

Nnamdi Asomugha

Champ Bailey

Asante Samuel

Cortland Finnegan

Nate Clements isn't on that list.

And Cromartie and Finnegan shouldn't be.

I'd probably put Nate alongside Samuel, just behind Bailey and Asomuhga

I'm not sure how anyone can confuse Nate Clements with "one of the best corners on the planet.

It's easy; just watch him play.

I was never a big Nate fan and might agree with your first five, but including Hall on this list costs you all credibility.

Why, cause the Raiders cut him? They've certainly been the team to make sound decisions over the last decade.

Look at his numbers from last year. 2 INT's, 8 passes defensed in 7 games with Washington, learning on the fly. Clements: 2 INT's, 9 passes defensed in, I believe, a complete season with the 49ers. But thanks for telling me since I believe they on "at least the same level" that I lose all credibility, that makes a lot of sense.

Why, cause the Raiders cut him?

No, because he's a crappy DB.

Look at his numbers from last year. 2 INT's, 8 passes defensed in 7 games with Washington, learning on the fly. Clements: 2 INT's, 9 passes defensed in, I believe, a complete season with the 49ers. But thanks for telling me since I believe they on "at least the same level" that I lose all credibility, that makes a lot of sense.

'Learing on the fly'? He's a friggin veteran CB, not a rookie QB. I notice you didn't include the stats for 'Getting burnt', 'big plays given up' or 'missed tackles'.

The Giants game today provided plenty of examples of why Hall is a very medicore football player. Apparently you missed it.

Why, cause the Raiders cut him? They've certainly been the team to make sound decisions over the last decade.

Look at his numbers from last year. 2 INT's, 8 passes defensed in 7 games with Washington, learning on the fly.

Hall's problems are that he's a lazy tackler, he takes terrible penalties, and he takes ridiculous chances which result in giving up big plays.