2002 - Mike Tubsy Williams

2003 - Willis Applebee's McGahee

2004 - Lee Evans, J.P. Hey Big Cat Losman

2005 - NUNN

2006 - Donte Whitner's Sampler

2007 - Marshawn Crush Canadian Chicks Lynch

2008 - Leodis McKelvin

2009 - Aaron Maybin, Eric Wood

Maybe some progress over the past three years, we shall see.

:pirate:

"None of their first-round picks in this decade has been voted to the Pro Bowl."

Wow...just wow

2000 - Erik Junior College Phenom Flowers

2001 - Nate Clements

2005 - NUNN

2008 - Leodis McKelvin

Nate Clements was a Pro-Bowler in 2004. Willis McGahee was a Pro-Bowler in 2007. Marshawn Lynch was a Pro-Bowler last year...what the hell do you people mean?

Leodis should have, and probably will, go as a returner.

Nate Clements was a Pro-Bowler in 2004. Willis McGahee was a Pro-Bowler in 2007. Marshawn Lynch was a Pro-Bowler last year...what the hell do you people mean?

Leodis should have, and probably will, go as a returner.

I do believe all 3 were alternates that made the game because others that were actually voted in didn't go.

Sully is on fire! :pirate:

2001 - Nate Clements

2005 - NUNN

2008 - Leodis McKelvin

Common man, don't you remember the big press conference in 2005 with our "1st round" pick JP Losman?

2001 - Nate Clements

2005 - NUNN

2008 - Leodis McKelvin

Can you explain these? I think I get Lynch but still, full explanation...please.

hobel is 32. He's no longer the dynamic end who had 26 sacks in 2005-06. Last week, New England traded its 29-year-old Pro Bowl defensive end, Richard Seymour, whose contract expires after the season. Two years ago, just before Schobel turned 30, the Bills gave him a seven-year, $50 million deal.

That says it all

hobel is 32. He's no longer the dynamic end who had 26 sacks in 2005-06. Last week, New England traded its 29-year-old Pro Bowl defensive end, Richard Seymour, whose contract expires after the season. Two years ago, just before Schobel turned 30, the Bills gave him a seven-year, $50 million deal.

That says it all

Ya when I read that I was like wow.

I do believe all 3 were alternates that made the game because others that were actually voted in didn't go.

Sully is on fire! :pirate:

To be fair to the Bills for a moment, Clements absolutely deserved to be voted to the Pro Bowl that year. In fact, he should have been a starter. He was dominant: 6 INTs (one returned for a TD), 5 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 59 tackles, and 14 passes defensed. Plus he certainly passed the eyeball test that year -- they had an awesome defense. And his INT return for a TD was the lone highlight in the meltdown against the Steelers in week 17. So Sully is essentially wrong in my book.

Ya when I read that I was like wow.

There was a great piece a couple of years ago in either PFW or the The Sporting News (which I can't find) that argued -- with convincing stats -- that many defensive ends hit their stride in their early thirties because they've finally learned all of the moves. Strahan, Bruce Smith (whose best season was 1996, when he was 33 and had an insane number of QB pressures -- 47!!), Reggie White, Chris Doleman, Jason Taylor, Joey Porter -- they all have some of their best seasons in their early thirties. John Abraham was 30 last year, and he had his best season ever by far. Doleman had 15 sacks at age 37. The list goes on. While age has certainly affected many defensive ends over the years, this isn't an informed comment by Sullivan given the larger context.