aaron maybin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is Jason Taylor.....

Also....I dont mean to hijack your thread into another topic but isn't it interesting how we have not seen the multiple threads of "We should have taken Orkapo" ever since Maybin started playing?

To me Maybin ALREADY looks like the better player and I actually thought Orkapo was going to totally outplay Maybin in the first year because he has a more NFL ready body to me.

You simply cannot coach or teach what Aaron Maybin has......freaky first step speed off the edge that puts terror into the heart of Tackles. I cannot wait to see Schrobel and Maybin on the field at the same time and see what that does to the opposition.......yes we will give up running plays because they are light......but sack totals, pressures, and turnovers should also go up big time.

God....I acutally sound almost optomistic about this season I need to stop......:unsure:

Also....I dont mean to hijack your thread into another topic but isn't it interesting how we have not seen the multiple threads of "We should have taken Orkapo" ever since Maybin started playing?

To me Maybin ALREADY looks like the better player and I actually thought Orkapo was going to totally outplay Maybin in the first year because he has a more NFL ready body to me.

You simply cannot coach or teach what Aaron Maybin has......freaky first step speed off the edge that puts terror into the heart of Tackles. I cannot wait to see Schrobel and Maybin on the field at the same time and see what that does to the opposition.......yes we will give up running plays because they are light......but sack totals, pressures, and turnovers should also go up big time.

God....I acutally sound almost optomistic about this season I need to stop......:unsure:

I will be honest I totally thought we should have gone for Orkapo and still think that (Although the more I see Maybin the less and less I think that). BUT the more and more I analyzed the Maybin pick (Well before he started playing) I got the logic of it and didn't hate it as much as I thought I would have. To me Maybin reminds me of Dwight Freeney small for his position but just really really fast and smart at getting to the passer Freeney just knows how to get sacks.

Now if I was in the draft room I would have picked Orkapo and if I could do it over again I still would BUT Maybin's play has made me feel more confident in that pick. Although Orkapo has looked good in pre-season as well.

God....I acutally sound almost optomistic about this season I need to stop......:censored:

Todd McShay compared him to Taylor the entire Draft process...McShay LOVES, and I mean LOVES Maybin...He thinks Aaron is the next-big-thing...We'll see... :censored: