aaron maybin

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be honest I totally thought we should have gone for Orkapo and still think that (Although the more I see Maybin the less and less I think that). BUT the more and more I analyzed the Maybin pick (Well before he started playing) I got the logic of it and didn't hate it as much as I thought I would have. To me Maybin reminds me of Dwight Freeney small for his position but just really really fast and smart at getting to the passer Freeney just knows how to get sacks.

Now if I was in the draft room I would have picked Orkapo and if I could do it over again I still would BUT Maybin's play has made me feel more confident in that pick. Although Orkapo has looked good in pre-season as well.

Given their performances in pre-season, and especially given Maybin having so little time in camp, I don't know how anyone can say if they had it to do all over again, they'd draft Orakpo. True Orakpo is 13# (that's 13# BTW) heavier than Maybin and stronger, but he's also 2 years older.

My vote is Jason Taylor.....

Also....I dont mean to hijack your thread into another topic but isn't it interesting how we have not seen the multiple threads of "We should have taken Orkapo" ever since Maybin started playing?

To me Maybin ALREADY looks like the better player and I actually thought Orkapo was going to totally outplay Maybin in the first year because he has a more NFL ready body to me.

You simply cannot coach or teach what Aaron Maybin has......freaky first step speed off the edge that puts terror into the heart of Tackles. I cannot wait to see Schrobel and Maybin on the field at the same time and see what that does to the opposition.......yes we will give up running plays because they are light......but sack totals, pressures, and turnovers should also go up big time.

God....I acutally sound almost optomistic about this season I need to stop......:censored:

THANK YOU! Everyone is making comparisons that have some merit but Jason Taylor all the way. His size and build alone screams Taylor to me. I also agree on the other observations.

It's WAY to early to start making so bold a statement but I too now am starting to think this guy does have a shot at being a better player than Orakpo THIS YEAR. With a handful of practices The guy has already exceeded my expectations and has a sack early in each preseason game with a fumble and some hurries in there. It was telling to me that the kid drew a double team his first play on the field against Pitt. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

They need to create a new defensive position for this guy in the New England game, "Assassin". Every play whether it's a run or pass make the guy's only responsibility getting to Tom Brady. Let him line up anywhere and just get after it!!! LOL

Don't know yet.......hasn't played a single snap in a regular season game.

I get the point you're trying to make but lets not forget there is tape of him in college as well as the preseason. Also it doesn't take any regular season games to see that, to me, he has that Jason Taylor body type and speed.

Given their performances in pre-season, and especially given Maybin having so little time in camp, I don't know how anyone can say if they had it to do all over again, they'd draft Orakpo. True Orakpo is 13# (that's 13# BTW) heavier than Maybin and stronger, but he's also 2 years older.

I don't put much time or consideration into pre-season so even with Maybin's better showing I still think Orakpo was the better choice but I really hope to be wrong and totally see the logic of taking Maybin who I think is going to be a good player. So as the regular season goes on I hope Maybin proves me wrong. But thats just my opinion

There are things about Maybin that are particulary exciting to watch.......

People can say what they want but Jeff Backus is a pretty darn good LT........and AM just abused him one on one.....

The other thing is the kid has a freakishly long wingspan and knows how to use it.....EVEN IF a LT manages to stay in good position on the edge he has the abililty to reach in from behind and strip.......

This kid has special written all over him and he is YOUNG. If he can continue to gradually put on the weight as his body matures he could also become stout against the run and be a pro bowl type player.

i say derrick thomas!!!!!

He reminded posters of Jason Peters. He was not a real Buffalo Bill. He held out for more money. LOL

That was the tone of all the posts three weeks ago.

Now he is the second coming of a Hall of Famer?

I'll hope for a reincarnation of the Freak with a longer shelf life!!!!

i say derrick thomas!!!!!

No idea.

The only Bills' preseason game I saw on tv was the HOF one. No Maybin.

I did "watch" on the CBS/NFL.com game center thing when he played in the PGH preseason game. As the game wore on, PGH figured out how to stuff the rookie.

My 1st look will be in the upcoming Sunday tilt against NE*.