QB Development is the problem - Maybe not the QB

BTIZZLE

I think we need to give Edwards one more year. He was progressing fine last year before the Cardinals game when he got his head bashed in.

There are only a few GREAT qbs in the league. I count 2 future HOF QB's, Brady and Manning. (Excluding Farve) I think many of the young QB's are just coached and developed better. Perhaps Losman might have been successful if he were handing the ball of to the BUS (like Big Ben) in his rookie season under the leadership of Cohwer. He built confidence and blossomed into a real NFL player.

Are you telling me that Matt Cassell is naturally just better than Edwards?? I think not. I bet Losman OR Edwards could have thrived in the Pats system. Good coaches, good teammates, good front office, and a good owner.

I believe Edwards has good teammates. Too bad he lacks the rest. Fate of being a Bill could have ruined Losman's and Edwards career.

I think we need to give Edwards one more year. He was progressing fine last year before the Cardinals game when he got his head bashed in.

Like it or not we have him for one more year. If he can't do anything with two decent starting wide outs and a good supporting cast of receivers and backs, then it will be time to look elsewhere. No one at 1 Bills Drive is thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer.

One more year, two more offensive coordinators, another head coach, and a contract dispute with Ralph and he'll be just about finished.

Finished developing or Losman finished, I'm not sure which.

I agree we need to give him 1 more year...but there is a reason that Cassell went to USC and Edwards went to Stanford.

Actually this is totally false...Edwards was ranked as the #1 Pro style QB prospect in the country in 2001 by USA Today, and was ranked by Rivals as the #2 QB and #20 player overall in their rankings. He was recruited by Michigan, Florida, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Stanford, ultimately choosing Stanford. Please get your facts straight before you post things like this...

One more year, two more offensive coordinators, another head coach, and a contract dispute with Ralph and he'll be just about finished.

Finished developing or Losman finished, I'm not sure which.

Talk about development. How many QB's in their first 3 NFL seasons can handle 3 OC's? I know they've all run similar offenses, but that's a bit much to ask. Edwards still has to show a lot this season with the weapons he's got.

This franchise has made a habit out of setting people up to fail. RW set up Levy and Brandon to fail. DJ set up TE to fail when he hired an also-ran QB coach to be OC. And now AVP is being told to put together a game plan for the offense with 10 days against one of the best team this decade. Just once I'd like to see the team set people up to succeed.

Talk about development. How many QB's in their first 3 NFL seasons can handle 3 OC's? I know they've all run similar offenses, but that's a bit much to ask. Edwards still has to show a lot this season with the weapons he's got.

This franchise has made a habit out of setting people up to fail. RW set up Levy and Brandon to fail. DJ set up TE to fail when he hired an also-ran QB coach to be OC. And now AVP is being told to put together a game plan for the offense with 10 days against one of the best team this decade. Just once I'd like to see the team set people up to succeed.

YES! Case in point. Drew Bledsoe, perhaps the only NFL player in recent memory that a clubfooted lesbian could beat in a foot race...bring him in and give him zero support at the O-line. A pocket passer minus the pocket.

Edwards, year three, totally revamped o-line and whatever else you think---on a clusterflick of an offense this pre-season.

It's a qb graveyard, the Ralph is.

Picking the right QB is the problem. RJ sucked. We traded for him based on one preseason game. JP sucked, he wasn't that good in college and we never should have taken him let alone trade up for him. Trent is nothing but a 3rd string backup in this league.

Picking the right QB is the problem. RJ sucked. We traded for him based on one preseason game.
that was a regular season game actually and a lot of teams were said to be looking at trading for him as a result of his performance. We just happened to "win" that sweepstakes

that was a regular season game actually and a lot of teams were said to be looking at trading for him as a result of his performance. We just happened to "win" that sweepstakes

giving up what turned out to be Fred Taylor was bad enough

but the real inept move was givng RJ a massive $25 contract extension before he played a down for the Bills

There are only a few GREAT qbs in the league. I count 2 future HOF QB's, Brady and Manning. (Excluding Farve) I think many of the young QB's are just coached and developed better. Perhaps Losman might have been successful if he were handing the ball of to the BUS (like Big Ben) in his rookie season under the leadership of Cohwer. He built confidence and blossomed into a real NFL player.

Are you telling me that Matt Cassell is naturally just better than Edwards?? I think not. I bet Losman OR Edwards could have thrived in the Pats system. Good coaches, good teammates, good front office, and a good owner.

I believe Edwards has good teammates. Too bad he lacks the rest. Fate of being a Bill could have ruined Losman's and Edwards career.

Are you telling me that Matt Cassell is naturally just better than Edwards?? I think not. I bet Losman OR Edwards could have thrived in the Pats system.

...guys who get open because of an intelligent play-call...

Actually this is totally false...Edwards was ranked as the #1 Pro style QB prospect in the country in 2001 by USA Today, and was ranked by Rivals as the #2 QB and #20 player overall in their rankings. He was recruited by Michigan, Florida, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Stanford, ultimately choosing Stanford. Please get your facts straight before you post things like this...

Also, at this point of time in their NFL careers, Edwards has shown more poise and ability to handle a Pro offense than the two guys who went ahead of him in Quinn and Russell.

giving up what turned out to be Fred Taylor was bad enough

but the real inept move was givng RJ a massive $25 contract extension before he played a down for the Bills

And then putting him in to the Titans playoff game, when it was Fluties team for the whole season.....Maddening.

I count 2 future HOF QB's, Brady and Manning. (Excluding Farve)

I count 4. The two you mentioned plus Big Ben (2 SB wins) and Kurt Warner (3 SBs and 1 SB win). I think those guy got it sewed up. Eli maybe if he goes on to have a decent career.

Anyway, I hope Trent does well this year. I crossing my fingers and saying a prayer. I think he needs all the help we can give him. But I am nervous.

Our defense will be solid. Our OLine will be OK. He won't have protection like Peyton Manning, but he should have time to throw. The fate of the season rest squarely on his and the rest of the offense's shoulders.

Go Trent !!

Go BILLS !!