Bills to rent Rhodes, predicts Ross Tucker

Charles Romes

This has been a tough week having to with posters like you, and it's made me far too cranky to deal with having to respond to this mindless banal, and plane disrespect from you and at least two other posters, jwssswhoever and Spartacus.

As a result, I'm planning to take some time off this board to cool down and reconsider. I've got a busy week ahead of me, and there's no point respond to this baloney.

As much as I could try to ignore it, it just rubs me the wrong way.

To all those with whom I've shared many good and informed exchanges with, thank you all. It's been a pleasure.

I hope to be back at some point, but at this point it all seems too trying to deal with.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

Breathers are good. Hope you come back...but it's the nature of message boards that this crap happens.

BTW...it's "plain", not "plane". Where, oh where, would writers be without editors? :thumbsup:

Breathers are good. Hope you come back...but it's the nature of message boards that this crap happens.

BTW...it's "plain", not "plane". Where, oh where, would writers be without editors? :thumbsup:

Editors who edit columns have gone by the wayside with electronic age. Most of it is cut and paste by whomever is doing software for news printer/ This becomes extremely obvious when you see words fused next to each other in paper. The assembler does not even both checking spelling. Newspapers are so different then when I was paid per character for setting classified type and charged for every mistake.

And I am sure JW knows the difference between good-natured kidding and some of the garbage throw at him.

John,

I and many others (the vast majority) of this board greatly appreciate your contributions. Please do not let a few knuckle heads dissuade you from participating in TBD discussions.

Complete disrespect - I frequent this board daily and without your contributions it would be a shame. Hopefully a select few knuckleheads dont ruin your participation for the rest of us.

What they said! :thumbsup:

When Kevin Jones went down with an injury, the Bears immediately became a player in the backup RB market. With the limited number of backup RB options in Free agency, I think the Bills ( and maybe they did, we'll never know) could have attempted to get some sort of compensation for Rhodes, even if it was only a conditional 7th like they got from the Lions for Olandis Gary in 2003.

By releasing him, I think there is a possibility that they try to get him back at a non-guaranteed rate. JW is right though. For a guy like Rhodes, being cut by a team like the Bills is a slap in the face enough. I bet if he has any other option, he will look into it.

I really don't understand his appeal to being here anyway. You would think he would want to be in a committe situation where he could be productive, and get a better contract next year. But, in Buffalo, he will be lucky to get 7-10 touches the first three weeks, and will be a non-factor every week after that ML and FJ are both healthy.

You would think a team like Jacksonville, Chicago, St. Louis or even Cincy would be interested in his services.

I think the sticking point may have been his contract.

was just on with Ross, and he shared his opinion with me. it's possible, heck, anything's possible.

my one thought though is whether Rhodes is willing to re-sign with a team that just cut him.

jw

Hey a few game checks are better than 0 game checks...

Besides, if the Bills were planning on doing this, it is likely the player/agent already have some inkling this is what the are planning...

BTW...it's "plain", not "plane". Where, oh where, would writers be without editors? :rolleyes:

Well, I wasn't going to point that out to him, nor the invisible "deal" in "This has been a tough week having to deal with posters like you" [sic]

Breathers are essential. I'm amazed he bellied up to the bar frankly. Hope he finds his way back.

This has been a tough week having to with posters like you, and it's made me far too cranky to deal with having to respond to this mindless banal, and plane disrespect from you and at least two other posters, jwssswhoever and Spartacus.

As a result, I'm planning to take some time off this board to cool down and reconsider. I've got a busy week ahead of me, and there's no point respond to this baloney.

As much as I could try to ignore it, it just rubs me the wrong way.

To all those with whom I've shared many good and informed exchanges with, thank you all. It's been a pleasure.

I hope to be back at some point, but at this point it all seems too trying to deal with.

Sincerely,

John Wawrow.

John... please.. put these guys on "Ignore". Your contributions and insight are far too valuable and greatly appreciated by a large portion of the membership here. I, for one, look forward to your comments and am extremely grateful to hear your insights. This has been a Bills' offseason full of surprise, drama and uncertainty. Your posts and articles (along with Tim's) have helped a great number of us sort through the chaff to find the reality.

So, if your still reading the board, just ignore these guys and don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

this board is a joke--four or five months ago I write that Losman was done (I don't post often, so look it up) 8 pages later everyone was ripping me for being an idiot...I said he would not play in the nfl, no back up, no sniff...God forbid I said I knew him and I had this information....two months after the post-it comes out that he is playing in the UFL, I was completely correct--Steely Dan, The Dean, even Lori took turns taking shots at shots at me (just sayin). I was called a jerk, the worst kind of poster, etc..now Losman is out of the league everything I posted was correct yet the same people complain about those who take shots at posters....and really all I see is were trying to be was funny, not personal attacks like the shots the above threw my way....

before you start tossing people out look at yourselves....and re-read my post

this board is a joke--four or five months ago I write that Losman was done (I don't post often, so look it up) 8 pages later everyone was ripping me for being an idiot...I said he would not play in the nfl, no back up, no sniff...God forbid I said I knew him and I had this information....two months after the post-it comes out that he is playing in the UFL, I was completely correct--Steely Dan, The Dean, even Lori took turns taking shots at shots at me (just sayin). I was called a jerk, the worst kind of poster, etc..now Losman is out of the league everything I posted was correct yet the same people complain about those who take shots at posters....and really all I see is were trying to be was funny, not personal attacks like the shots the above threw my way....

before you start tossing people out look at yourselves....and re-read my post

You wrote that he was done with football, not just the NFL: "If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area."

So how did that work out for you?

John... please.. put these guys on "Ignore". Your contributions and insight are far too valuable and greatly appreciated by a large portion of the membership here. I, for one, look forward to your comments and am extremely grateful to hear your insights. This has been a Bills' offseason full of surprise, drama and uncertainty. Your posts and articles (along with Tim's) have helped a great number of us sort through the chaff to find the reality.

So, if your still reading the board, just ignore these guys and don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Unfortunately, there's a tendency for bad content to drive out good. Or, in this case, for obnoxious or disrespectful people to drive away the ones with whom you wanted to interact.

While I'm not familiar with the details of the situation John has described, I don't see any particular value in keeping around the kind of poster who'd drive him away.

You wrote that he was done with football, not just the NFL: "If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area."

So how did that work out for you?

really? Your defense is he signed in the UFL...please hold your responses in the future and quit embarassing yourself...thanks you just validated my point about this site becoming a joke

by the way Lori---here is the post--if you are going to pull quotes pull the entire quote not what fits you....

I hate people on this site that act as if they are "in the know" about players, but that being said I do know that JP has had no recent calls, no interest and will not be playing ever again in the NFL, barring a team having an incredible run of injuries at the QB position (and that probably won't be enough). If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area. He actually is counting on the five years of service in the league and collecting a pension in 25 years. Kind of sad considering he has a cannon for an arm...you would have thought someone could teach him the game.

if you think my post was wrong because he signed in the UFL..you are on an island, alone. I could have updated with the information that he was going to join the new league but why bother. So the Dean could call me an idiot? He decided what the hell--against most people's advice and joined a new league...the point was he wasn't getting any attention from the NFL and was not going to play with a team. I guess I overrated your intelligence.

really? Your defense is he signed in the UFL...please hold your responses in the future and quit embarassing yourself...thanks you just validated my point about this site becoming a joke

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but your earlier argument had been that Losman didn't sign with any other NFL teams because he was no longer interested in football. Lori pointed out that he'd signed with the Las Vegas Locomotives, thereby indicating that he was still interested in being a professional football player.

If Losman is still interested in playing football professionally, why isn't he on an NFL team? Two explanations come to mind: 1) No NFL teams wanted him, even as a backup, or 2) He would prefer to be the starter for a UFL team than a backup on an NFL team. (That said, there is no guarantee that he'll be able to keep Tim Rattay out of the starter's position for the Las Vegas Locomotives.)

Given the fact that he didn't receive any tryouts for NFL teams, my suspicion is that the first option is correct. Losman's deal with the Las Vegas Locomotives didn't materialize until well after most NFL free agents had already been signed. Supposing that, for whatever reason, the Locomotives would have been his first choice, he still should have been exploring his other options until the Locomotives deal was finalized. His failure to do so--at least with respect to NFL teams--would seem to indicate that those teams weren't interested in him.

Other than letting you post I do not see your justification.

by the way Lori---here is the post--if you are going to pull quotes pull the entire quote not what fits you....

I hate people on this site that act as if they are "in the know" about players, but that being said I do know that JP has had no recent calls, no interest and will not be playing ever again in the NFL, barring a team having an incredible run of injuries at the QB position (and that probably won't be enough). If anyone calls he may not even accept an offer to tryout..this is not me guessing this is what JP feels about his own future. Go ahead and rip me if you wish, but he is still living in Buffalo and is actually exploring business ventures in the area. He actually is counting on the five years of service in the league and collecting a pension in 25 years. Kind of sad considering he has a cannon for an arm...you would have thought someone could teach him the game.

if you think my post was wrong because he signed in the UFL..you are on an island, alone. I could have updated with the information that he was going to join the new league but why bother. So the Dean could call me an idiot? He decided what the hell--against most people's advice and joined a new league...the point was he wasn't getting any attention from the NFL and was not going to play with a team. I guess I overrated your intelligence.

So let me get this. He wasn't going to entertain any offers that were going to come in, except that he entertained the first offer that came in? Did I get the logic straight?

So let me get this. He wasn't going to entertain any offers that were going to come in, except that he entertained the first offer that came in? Did I get the logic straight?

His post is better thought-out than I would have anticipated, though I suspect that his childish insults directed against Lori will make it less likely that people will take it, and for that matter him, all that seriously. But, as best I can tell, his logic is as follows:

Step 1: NFL teams collectively show zero interest in Losman.

Step 2: Losman responds by abandoning any thoughts about playing professional football again. He starts thinking in terms of his life after football.

Step 3: The Las Vegas Locomotives call Losman, and express their interest.

Step 4: Losman decides to play for the Locomotives.

If this is, indeed, the argument he's advancing, it seems fairly plausible. He just needs to learn to present his points in ways that are less likely to create negative emotional responses.

His post is better thought-out than I would have anticipated, though I suspect that his childish insults directed against Lori will make it less likely that people will take it, and for that matter him, all that seriously. But, as best I can tell, his logic is as follows:

Step 1: NFL teams collectively show zero interest in Losman.

Step 2: Losman responds by abandoning any thoughts about playing professional football again. He starts thinking in terms of his life after football.

Step 3: The Las Vegas Locomotives call Losman, and express their interest.

Step 4: Losman decides to play for the Locomotives.

If this is, indeed, the argument he's advancing, it seems fairly plausible. He just needs to learn to present his points in ways that are less likely to create negative emotional responses.

Losman's athleticism has never been in question, but his heart & mental capacity have been. If he received no calls from the NFL in the spring it is very likely due to the latter, which he's doing a good job of reinforcing by apparently abandoning his desire to play the game, flipping instantly when a scrub league calls, and keeping friends with ronnie.

Losman's athleticism has never been in question, but his heart & mental capacity have been. If he received no calls from the NFL in the spring it is very likely due to the latter, which he's doing a good job of reinforcing by apparently abandoning his desire to play the game, flipping instantly when a scrub league calls, and keeping friends with ronnie.

Makes perfect sense.

1. Losman decides he hates the game and never wants to play it again.

2. Someone calls and offers him far less money to play football in a backwater league, but a chance to get on the field and show his ability.

3. He jumps at the chance, quickly signing up with the new league as his ticket to show NFL scouts what he can really do.

Makes perfect sense.

1. Losman decides he hates the game and never wants to play it again.

2. Someone calls and offers him far less money to play football in a backwater league, but a chance to get on the field and show his ability.

3. He jumps at the chance, quickly signing up with the new league as his ticket to show NFL scouts what he can really do.

Not to mention, not one CFL team placed Losman on their negotiation list (thereby giving them the right to speak with and potentially sign JP). In essence, that means the CFL also felt JP Losman was not a suitable QB in their pass-happy league.