Aaron Maybin looked electric on his sack

Anyone who didn't see the video of the sack, needs to go watch it...he got around their LT so fast it looked like the guy was moving in slow motion...there are gonna be LT's in this league that are gonna give up multiple sacks to Maybin in games because they just cannot handle his speed and quickness...

Maybin explodes by Lions LT

Look around 1:30 or so to see the sack...

After seeing the sack, the comparison to Derrick Thomas looks to be appropriate. Speed and the tomahawk chop.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it in perspective the kid looks promising yes. BUT he looks good in pre-season which yes its better to look good in pre-season than to look bad but pre-season success doesn't always translate to regular season success. Neither does looking bad in pre-season mean you will be terrible either.

I hope Schobel can get 7 or 8 sacks this season while Maybin can chip in 4-6 sacks himself and Kelsay can get 3 or 4 sacks himself as well as be good against the run. I also hope Chris Ellis can get 2 or 3 sacks himself I would like him to show flashes of potential this season so that he at least is an option to replace Schobel down the road.

I think that if Maybin can step in next season as a starter at one of the DE spots than the Bills situation at DE next year will be decent and not a dire situation (Even if Schobel isn't there next year). And if especially Ellis can step up and be a good situational pass rusher than the Bills DE situation might be looking good for down the line.

Despite these pre-season flashes I would be happy with 4 sacks from Maybin this season (I also want a good amount of QB pressures and hits). I also want to see Maybin play more on 2nd and 1st down as the season goes on. I also want to see him play at least respectable against the run by the end of the season.

Anyone who didn't see the video of the sack, needs to go watch it...he got around their LT so fast it looked like the guy was moving in slow motion...there are gonna be LT's in this league that are gonna give up multiple sacks to Maybin in games because they just cannot handle his speed and quickness...

:P

i dont think he is as good as bruce , im just saying we havent had someone that can turn the corner since bruce, maybin can turn and edge to the qb similar to bruce, thats all. i saw the sack and ff, it was ridiculous...

Well Bruce wasn't Bruce in his first few years. It was until he gave up the white lies and started burning out stair-masters that he became the HOF player we know and love.

We are losing to the Lions...so no it doesnt.

And please stop comparing this kid to Bruce Smith. He isn't even close.

i went to the game and the bills played 3 starters on offense and none on defense defense. our rookie guards and hangartner played a bit . i think butler and walker may have taken a couple of snaps. so stop with the BS. you dont know what your talking about with "were losing to the lions BS".

detroit played their first string offense @ least the first quarter and a half maybe more and stafford played the whole half and some of the third.

to draw any conclusions from this game shows you are totally brain dead.

you are also wrong about maybin. he and schobel will cause a lot of problems for offenses this year.

i dont think he is as good as bruce , im just saying we havent had someone that can turn the corner since bruce, maybin can turn and edge to the qb similar to bruce, thats all. i saw the sack and ff, it was ridiculous...

Agreed.....of course nobody is saying he is Bruce Smith......but the way he made that sack, I wasn't sure if he really wore a bills jersey because we never seem to get DE's with that kind of talent, we usually have the LT's getting beat by DE's like Maybin

Maybin looks quick as !@#$.

And Steve Johnson looks awesome in those highlights as well.

Exactly...I thought SJ looked great on the field, he's a very fluid and natural receiver. Why is he not on the field more??

Yes, no optimism allowed on this board ever! Take your half glass full someplace else. :P

I second that :blink:

The first sack against Stafford was this/close to being a safety. The one you're talking about is very impressive too!

We are losing to the Lions...so no it doesnt.

And please stop comparing this kid to Bruce Smith. He isn't even close.

Ok people, can we stop saying someone is comparing him to BS when they are only saying one facet of his game reminds them of Smith? :lol:

I doubt any future player will break 200 sacks in my lifetime. The guy who does probably hasn't been born yet. JMO

I doubt any future player will break 200 sacks in my lifetime. The guy who does probably hasn't been born yet. JMO

I think someone will break the 200 sacks record some time in the next 40 years (That player isn't in the NFL currently) it seems like it's a breakable record by a guy who can hang around for a while and stay healthy. The league is turning more and more to the pass and that creates more oppertuinites for sacks its bound to happen that someone will break that record. But don't get me wrong it wouldn't shock me if its a record that doesn't get broken anytime soon.

I think someone will break the 200 sacks record some time in the next 40 years (That player isn't in the NFL currently) it seems like it's a breakable record by a guy who can hang around for a while and stay healthy. The league is turning more and more to the pass and that creates more oppertuinites for sacks its bound to happen that someone will break that record. But don't get me wrong it wouldn't shock me if its a record that doesn't get broken anytime soon.

Thanks effmo! I'm forty five. :P effing Jackass!!