Clark Judge on Demetrius Bell, Lee Evans and T.O

TheBlackMamba

Terrell Owens, WR, Buffalo: Tell me how he produces big numbers in this offense and in this city. In Dallas, weather wasn't much of a factor in November and December. Here it is. That's why the Bills run the ball, and that's why Owens won't like it. Trent Edwards, look out.

Demetrius Bell, T, Buffalo: There is no way to measure how enamored the Bills are with Bell. They would like him to develop but might not be able to wait. Remember Jason Peters? The Bills have him again in Demetrius Bell.

Lee Evans, WR, Buffalo: The Bills took a flyer on Owens partly because of his talent and mostly because they think he can open up things for Evans. Evans is the premier receiver here, not T.O. He had an OK year last season, not a great one, and it's time he moves to the next level -- which means it's time he scores more than three times. Evans is one of my favorite interviews, someone who is always there when you need him. I hope he serves the same purpose for Trent Edwards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12138360/rss

Terrell Owens, WR, Buffalo: Tell me how he produces big numbers in this offense and in this city. In Dallas, weather wasn't much of a factor in November and December. Here it is. That's why the Bills run the ball, and that's why Owens won't like it. Trent Edwards, look out.

Demetrius Bell, T, Buffalo: There is no way to measure how enamored the Bills are with Bell. They would like him to develop but might not be able to wait. Remember Jason Peters? The Bills have him again in Demetrius Bell.

Lee Evans, WR, Buffalo: The Bills took a flyer on Owens partly because of his talent and mostly because they think he can open up things for Evans. Evans is the premier receiver here, not T.O. He had an OK year last season, not a great one, and it's time he moves to the next level -- which means it's time he scores more than three times. Evans is one of my favorite interviews, someone who is always there when you need him. I hope he serves the same purpose for Trent Edwards.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12138360/rss

Owens will produce here because he's capable of doing something no receiver since Moulds has done: get YAC.

I hate when they mention the weather in November and December. The only weather that make it very difficult to throw the ball is when it is windy and that can happen in any month. I have been to many games in winter where passing is not a problem. Anyone remember Buffalo 44 Miami 34?

I hate when they mention the weather in November and December. The only weather that make it very difficult to throw the ball is when it is windy and that can happen in any month. I have been to many games in winter where passing is not a problem. Anyone remember Buffalo 44 Miami 34?

:sick: I was thinking the same thing. Good thing that nobody told Jim Kelly that you can't pass in Buffalo...

Quite true.

Cold and even slippery weather does not make it impossible to throw. Look at all the playoff wins Buffalo has had in OP, and most of those were not primarily ground attacks. Slippery fields can make DBs fall down and leave the receiver wide open.

The only thing that makes passing extremely difficult is very strong winds but even there Kelly and Ferguson did a great job once they learned the way the winds work in the OP stadium. Edwards has unfortunately not learned how to throw in the wind at all in the first 2 years. Cassel threw better than TE in our own stadium in the windy NE* game last year.

Hopefully they will work on TE in the wind this year.

WHat games did you go to?...most winter games one must dress like the abominable snow monster to keep from losing digits. Philly is in the 40's during winter

Quite true.

Cold and even slippery weather does not make it impossible to throw. Look at all the playoff wins Buffalo has had in OP, and most of those were not primarily ground attacks. Slippery fields can make DBs fall down and leave the receiver wide open.

The only thing that makes passing extremely difficult is very strong winds but even there Kelly and Ferguson did a great job once they learned the way the winds work in the OP stadium. Edwards has unfortunately not learned how to throw in the wind at all in the first 2 years. Cassel threw better than TE in our own stadium in the windy NE* game last year.

Hopefully they will work on TE in the wind this year.

He completed 6 passes.

Don't you have blizzards and ice storms in July. Not to mention it always really cold there. Blame it on CNN - the only time they show weather in Buffalo is when the snow is flying and some poor blasterd is about to be blown away in the wind as he escapes from his car which is off the road into a snow bank.

Owens will produce here because he's capable of doing something no receiver since Moulds has done: get YAC.

TO had issues last season getting off the line of scrimmage against press coverage. I've read that in multiple places, and my money isn't on the Bills to use him correctly. But yes, Owens can run after the catch if he can get the ball. He'll also probably not go up against opponents best CB.

Uhhhh...... Kelly & Marino anyone? Trent has not exactly sparkled in 'weather'.

I would start Bell at left tackle, move Wood to center and sign Kendall and Runyan to play the right side. This is the worst offensive line in a long time....I wish we had Jerry Craafts.

LoL...... Good Ol Jerry Crafts!

Dude used to drink a case of beer on the Saturday before a game. You had to like him!!! lol