Chris Brown speculates about the WRs

Beerball

Us out of towners don't get any of the info. Is Hardy even active yet? The article mentions using Lynch's spot at the start of the season to keep Jenkins as a possibility, but isn't using Hardy's slot just as likely still? I never have figured out the rules for injured players.

I think it is most likley that Hardy goes on a reserve/PUP list to start the season. That means he is not eliible to come off until after week 6. This gives him some time to establish that he is ready to play and allows the Bills to keep Jenkins around as # 6. IF Hardy is able to come back and play this season, it will be an interesting decision. If they cut Johnson to keep Jenkins, I will throw up.

I would not be shocked if they kept Jenkins and Johnson and cut Reed.

I would. What, besides constant unappreciation from a select group of posters, would lead you to believe Reed getting cut? He produces quite well as a third receiver.

He didn't actually speculate about anything. What was the point of that article? To tell us that there are 7 good receivers for probably 6 spots? Wow, thanks Chris Brown!

Insightful isn't he?

In other news, Trent Edwards took the practice field today wearing a number 5 practice jersey.

I'm not on the Johnson or Jenkins loveboat personally. We can find special teamers at other positions IMO. There has been talk of Hardy being the odd man out here (on this board that is) and trade Roscoe for what you can because we are overstocked at the position. What about next year if the team chooses to not resign Reed and TO decides to move on?......all of a sudden we are very thin at WR.....BOOM....just like that. I would prefer to keep Roscoe and Hardy(the light may come on for this guy and his size is something that can't be coached) even if it means no Johnson or Jenkins. Jenkins does NOTHING for me as a WR and Johnson really doesn't have as much upside as most think IMO. If I had to keep one it would be Johnson because he at least COULD become a taller Josh Reed type with a little more TD ability. I don't see any upside with Jenkins at all.

I'm not on the Johnson or Jenkins loveboat personally. We can find special teamers at other positions IMO. There has been talk of Hardy being the odd man out here (on this board that is) and trade Roscoe for what you can because we are overstocked at the position. What about next year if the team chooses to not resign Reed and TO decides to move on?......all of a sudden we are very thin at WR.....BOOM....just like that. I would prefer to keep Roscoe and Hardy(the light may come on for this guy and his size is something that can't be coached) even if it means no Johnson or Jenkins. Jenkins does NOTHING for me as a WR and Johnson really doesn't have as much upside as most think IMO. If I had to keep one it would be Johnson because he at least COULD become a taller Josh Reed type with a little more TD ability. I don't see any upside with Jenkins at all.

I am on the Steve Johnson loveboat, for what it's worth. I think he'll be starting for this team in a year or two.

I am on the Steve Johnson loveboat, for what it's worth. I think he'll be starting for this team in a year or two.

If he can actually stay healthy and get on the field, I think he could be special. I also think James Hardy will compete with him for a starting spot next year if TO is gone.

Yeah I agree, and for some of the blatantly obvious reasons that we all know: he is really good on 3rd down, and seriously, the dude can block.

He's not a #1 or 2, fine, I can live with that with what he provides above.

that's our Buffalo Bills!

Drafting depth in the 1st three rounds for over a decade...

I would not be shocked if they kept Jenkins and Johnson and cut Reed.

That aint happenin.

In regards to Chris Brown Speculating, I thought all he ever did was report what happened in Bills land while wearing his rose colored goggles.

I think it is most likley that Hardy goes on a reserve/PUP list to start the season. That means he is not eliible to come off until after week 6. This gives him some time to establish that he is ready to play and allows the Bills to keep Jenkins around as # 6. IF Hardy is able to come back and play this season, it will be an interesting decision. If they cut Johnson to keep Jenkins, I will throw up.

I agree ... I think Hardy to PUP ...

I think they'll keep 7 to start, with Marshawn on the reserve/suspended list, and then make a decision for week 4.

I agree ... I think Hardy to PUP ...

I vote for Lynch on reserve, Hardy on PUP. Then they can keep a couple extra CBs.