2004 QB draft

Mr. WEO

And we got the runt of the litter. A guy who was projected as a 3rd rounder out of Tulane. And Donahoe traded up to get him! Marvelous. :thumbsup:

He was not "a projected 3rd rounder" he was a 1st rounder. Don't make schit up just because you hate the fact that Losman sucked and we drafted him.

He was not "a projected 3rd rounder" he was a 1st rounder. Don't make schit up just because you hate the fact that Losman sucked and we drafted him.

Yeah there is that, and even if Bills didn't trade up to draft him, he would have been gone in the first round to another team - Green Bay most likely...

... and Bills would probably have drafted Rodgers a year later ....

... and Losman would be a star in GB, and Rodgers running for his life in Buffalo ...

You're right he was not a "projected 3rd rounder". He was a projected 4th rounder (but Mel Kiper isn't always right)

Yeah there is that, and even if Bills didn't trade up to draft him, he would have been gone in the first round to another team - Green Bay most likely...

... and Bills would probably have drafted Rodgers a year later ....

... and Losman would be a star in GB, and Rodgers running for his life in Vegas

fixed

In the last 17 months, 3 of the 1st round QBs have signed contract extensions for a total of 292.5 million.

Throw in JP's $100,000 and his $100 per diem and the total for the group passes $292.501 million.

I get your point, but you should check your math.

$292,500,000

+ $100,000

=$292,600,000

ok i remember the day we drafted him, the stunned look on the faces on the people on ESPN, & Mel Kiper saying that he had him projected has a 4th rounder. I punched a hole in my wall, its a day I remember well. But I'm sorry about.com has the best football information

ok i remember the day we drafted him, the stunned look on the faces on the people on ESPN, & Mel Kiper saying that he had him projected has a 4th rounder. I punched a hole in my wall, its a day I remember well. But I'm sorry about.com has the best football information

So when the Bills selected McCargo what happened......

Head-butt the fridge?

So when the Bills selected McCargo what happened......

Head-butt the fridge?

i was more optimistic about that pick, hoping he was the reason manny lawson & mario williams were great and not the other way around. in retrospect i should of

In the last 17 months, 3 of the 1st round QBs have signed contract extensions for a total of 292.5 million.

Throw in JP's $100,000 and his $100 per diem and the total for the group passes $292.501 million.

:thumbsup:

Yes, when everyone in the room looks around confused, and then lets out a collective "Who?" -- it's never a good sign. Nice move Donahue.

JP was a major bust. I think the consensus at the time was he was a very risky pick. Every once in a while (not very often) he would through one of those bombs that made us think he was "that guy". Unfortunately he made the same mistakes over and over and never came close to being a starting quarterback. Live and learn.

I get your point, but you should check your math.

$292,500,000

+ $100,000

=$292,600,000

They don't teach much math up in WEO's land of Bahston. For example, they teach that the pats* have only been to 4 super bowls.