Official Trent Edwards Excuse Thread...

Alphadawg7

Meh, not sure our D is the big problem. Granted last year they could not get the other team off the field fast enough but considering the frequency with which the O was putting our D back on the field I think they did respectably. They were hurt big time with Schobel's absence. I think this year we should be a lot better with AS back and the possibility of Maybin turning out to be a good situational pass rusher (for this year). Our backfield is set and stacked - no worries there especially with Whitner's move and Corner looking promising. Ellison is a weak spot and I am not sure if Nic Harris can grow to replace him. But the main question marks are one LB and one DE position each. Which is a whole lot better than the multiple doubts we have on the offensive side of ball.

Our dline cant stop the run or rush the passer, they get sucked in on counter s, end run and reverses consistently. Our lbs are weak at the point of attack and cant cover..Our db's are the best part of the defense but even then they can only cover so long. I dont see our defense as "the big Problem" just combine that with our at best inexperienced oline our qb and our idiots we call coaches and it doesnt matter who is the big problem..They are all problems...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say the same things about the games TE lost, he didn't lose those games the players around him and coaching staff did and the reality is some of your comments don't even make any sense.

You tell me how TE can have a winning record yet lose more games then he won, then even go on and call your comment fact. :thumbsup:

Apparently your intellect doesnt allow you to understand the statement, so let me explain...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins. We literally won INSPITE of Trents below average performance thanks to the running game, D, and ST. He has only had a handful of good outings. Even in our 4-0 start last year he had two bad games.

In Trents losses, in almost every single loss we were in the game throughout the WHOLE game and almost every game was winnable. And almost in every loss Trent had below average or outright horrible game.

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us. But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game. But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

For instance, even just average QB play gets us all 4 divisional wins that Trent started and a win against CLE and SF. Thats 6 more wins with just at least average play. Add in the two JP divisional games and we could have amassed 8 more wins last year! YES EIGHT WINNABLE GAMES last year we lost becuase our QB (both loserman and Trentative) couldnt get it done on the field...

These kinds of threads really suck, I'm sorry.

You want to see incredible QB play, go back and look at the fourth quarters against Jacksonville and Oakland last year. I haven't seen QB play like that since the Kelly era. And you know what? I remember crap like this in the Kelly era too. Fans were constantly trying to tear him down for some reason. It's a Buffalo thing, I'm afraid.

Does Trent need to perform better? Absolutely. I don't think he denies that, either. But the constant harping about whomever the QB is - making fun of everything he does, says, eats, dates, looks at; blaming him for every single loss; calling him names; booing him out of town - what is it about Bills fans? It's not productive, it's mean-spirited and it's ugly. Go get a fuggin' life, seriously. Some of you people deserve the crap product they put out there.

Apparently your intellect doesnt allow you to understand the statement, so let me explain...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins. We literally won INSPITE of Trents below average performance thanks to the running game, D, and ST. He has only had a handful of good outings. Even in our 4-0 start last year he had two bad games.

In Trents losses, in almost every single loss we were in the game throughout the WHOLE game and almost every game was winnable. And almost in every loss Trent had below average or outright horrible game.

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us. But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game. But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

For instance, even just average QB play gets us all 4 divisional wins that Trent started and a win against CLE and SF. Thats 6 more wins with just at least average play. Add in the two JP divisional games and we could have amassed 8 more wins last year! YES EIGHT WINNABLE GAMES last year we lost becuase our QB (both loserman and Trentative) couldnt get it done on the field...

So you are saying if Trent was just average, we would have gone 15-1 last year? Yikes! Quit mixing Everclear with your Koolaid!

Fair enough, K-9 - but just remember that the most rabid Losman-bashers relentlessly proffered the arguments, "Well, he still gains experience standing on the sidelines holding a clipboard," or "So you're saying that OTAs, training camps, classroom time, practices, and just being on an NFL team don't count?"

Just sayin'.

Same yardstick for Edwards that was used for Losman, please.

It's his third season. But remember that JPL was named the starter in 2005 (after a "QB competition") and was the starter in 2006 and 2007. TE never lost his starting position for bad play. How many starts did JP miss for non injury reasons?

Learn to read IDIOT. I said Trent COULD NOT throw an accurate pass that Lee could make a play on when there is double coverage, not that he refused to throw it.

Yeah I got that--I am making fun of your criticism: that you would fault him for not (or not being able to, if it makes a difference to your understanding) throwing to a receiver in tight double coverage.

In other words, that's usually not something you want a QB to do, for reasons that QBs and nonQBs would both consider obvious.

Question: where you are from, what does the term "idiot" mean? Just curious.

You want to see incredible QB play, go back and look at the fourth quarters against Jacksonville and Oakland last year. I haven't seen QB play like that since the Kelly era. And you know what? I remember crap like this in the Kelly era too. Fans were constantly trying to tear him down for some reason. It's a Buffalo thing, I'm afraid.

Does Trent need to perform better? Absolutely. I don't think he denies that, either. But the constant harping about whomever the QB is - making fun of everything he does, says, eats, dates, looks at; blaming him for every single loss; calling him names; booing him out of town - what is it about Bills fans? It's not productive, it's mean-spirited and it's ugly. Go get a fuggin' life, seriously. Some of you people deserve the crap product they put out there.

FWIW, not just Bills fans. KC fans were calling Trent Green "TrINT" while he was posting 4,000-yard seasons for their Chiefs, and we won't get into Igglefans/McNabb ...

Not saying the over-the-top stuff is right, just that it's not exactly rare.

I'm beginning to believe that Trent banged your sister or mom or maybe even both of them together, at the same time.

So you are saying if Trent was just average, we would have gone 15-1 last year? Yikes! Quit mixing Everclear with your Koolaid!

I said 8 "WINNABLE" games...not 8 wins...but I guarantee we would have made the playoffs...and if you cant see that you dont watch the games

I'm beginning to believe that Trent banged your sister or mom or maybe even both of them together, at the same time.

Im beginning to think you have had a romantic encounter with him and are blinded by your man love for him...

And just for the record...in all 6 divisional games our combined QB play was less than horrible. And we could have won all 6 still. The SF and CLE games were both literally winnable all the way down to the final drives, and both QB's were below horrible in those games.

They werent even close to average performances, yet we were in position to still win all the way to the end. So how on Earth can you even remotely deny that a capable QB who had at least a solid outing wouldnt have won us those games?

:thumbsup:

Now that is funny

The crusade continues

Nice to see you back Magoz making posts that offer nothing to the discussion other than your obvious outright man crush on Trentative and denial he has ever strggled in a single game...

In Trents wins, he did very little to help us win in a LOT of those wins.

Now do you get it?

Therefore, Trentative actually LOSES us more games than he goes out and WINS for us.

Followed by......

But you see, you are only capable of seeing Trent as the winner and loser in a game, when in reality its a team game.

But, forget that, because....

But the problem is, in our mass majority of our losses, the rest of our team keeps us in the game while Trent sinks us.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's funny to remember that during the SB years, people often called for Reich to start over KElly because every time he was called on, he played so well. Buffalo talk radio was often focused on the possibility of Reich starting. Sounds stupid now--or like it must have been some tiny minority but it wasn't. Lots of people wanted to see Reich.

Every city, every team goes through this, especially when they are losing.

Nice to see you back Magoz making posts that offer nothing to the discussion other than your obvious outright man crush on Trentative and denial he has ever strggled in a single game...

It's better than regurgitating the same nauseating vomit over and over and over :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
My Big mistakes and I take credit for them, I think Peyton was the only one correct at 9-15 and Eli went 12-12. I was reviewing game logs and didn't realize they were not actual starts, my apology to everyone.( I was at the same site just wasn't looking at the starts column)

Thanks for correcting me, I never want to give false info

It took Jim Kelly 32 starts to equal Trent Edwards win totals at 14 wins with 23 starts. I made some mistakes with my previous information, but my point was still made,.Trent Edwards is off to a very good start in my opinion, especially when you consider the supporting cast and coaching staff.

It took Jim Kelly 32 starts to equal Trent Edwards win totals at 14 wins with 23 starts. I made some mistakes with my previous information, but my point was still made,.Trent Edwards is off to a very good start in my opinion, especially when you consider the supporting cast and coaching staff.

that's pretty amazing...proves that perception is reality to some folks.

Now do you get it?

Followed by......

But, forget that, because....

Thanks for clearing that up.

Wow, you are really slow arent you. Its a team game, so if one AREA of the team struggles, another AREA of the team can bail us out. At the same time, various areas of the team can do enough to win just to see one area drag us down...

In many of our wins under Trentative, we won despite Trentative not having a good outing. In many of our losses under him we lost becuase the rest of the team did enough for us to win if they would have had help from our QB...Very few times has Trentative gone out and had an actual good game. I can count Trentatives good games literally on a single hand...I need both hands and feet to count his bad games (includes both wins and losses).

In fact, Trentative has yet to go out and carry this team to a win when it needed it. Good QB's are capable of that. His best game as a pro was just a 270+ yard outing with a single TD and it was against one of the worst D's in the league.

My issue to is that he didnt even have a real productive College career either. He has never been capable of taking the reigns and winning us the game. At least not yet.

Wow, you are really slow arent you. Its a team game, so if one AREA of the team struggles, another AREA of the team can bail us out. At the same time, various areas of the team can do enough to win just to see one area drag us down...

In many of our wins under Trentative, we won despite Trentative not having a good outing. In many of our losses under him we lost becuase the rest of the team did enough for us to win if they would have had help from our QB...Very few times has Trentative gone out and had an actual good game. I can count Trentatives good games literally on a single hand...I need both hands and feet to count his bad games (includes both wins and losses).

In fact, Trentative has yet to go out and carry this team to a win when it needed it. Good QB's are capable of that. His best game as a pro was just a 270+ yard outing with a single TD and it was against one of the worst D's in the league.

My issue to is that he didnt even have a real productive College career either. He has never been capable of taking the reigns and winning us the game. At least not yet.

You're absolutely right! Our team is completely loaded at all positions except QB! When we win it's despite of him, and when we lose it's because of him.

[/sarcasm]