Dolphins release Ernest Wilford

Lori

This per his agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

And before anyone asks, or drops the "git 'r dun!" reference .... no, he would NOT look good in a Bills uniform, so don't bother.

And before anyone asks, or drops the "git 'r dun!" reference .... no, he would NOT look good in a Bills uniform, so don't bother.

soo...... you're saying he doesn't look good in red white and blue...... got it :rolleyes:

Kill-joy

You betcha. :rolleyes:

From Herald beat writer Jeff Darlington: "Ernest Wilford has been cut, his agent says. He earned more than $2 million per catch in Miami. Of course, he only caught three passes."

Supposedly, it also cost them more to cut him than keep him. So, as of right now, his career highlight was the catch to beat Buffalo in the 2004 home opener. Just our luck.

You betcha. :unsure:

From Herald beat writer Jeff Darlington: "Ernest Wilford has been cut, his agent says. He earned more than $2 million per catch in Miami. Of course, he only caught three passes."

Supposedly, it also cost them more to cut him than keep him. So, as of right now, his career highlight was the catch to beat Buffalo in the 2004 home opener. Just our luck.

That was a bullsh*t call :rolleyes:

But if Clements didnt give up the Jimmy Smith completion on 4th and a million..it wouldn't have come down to that... :wallbash:

Wow. You guys remember that year?

The huge debate over which receiver we should have, Earnest Wilford, Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett.

They all proved to be terrible, and are all on different teams now. I think I was a Hackett supporter.

The huge debate over which receiver we should have, Earnest Wilford, Bryant Johnson or DJ Hackett.

They all proved to be terrible, and are all on different teams now.

I remember too much about bills games...some good and some bad...Althought I tend to recall enjoy seeing Joe Montana's last game and last play (With Smith, Hansen and I believe Wright on top of him) :rolleyes:

I remember when Thurman was entering I shouted to him that we needed a 3TD and 200 Yd performance from him..he looked at me and laughed and said that would be a great day...he ended up with ~180 yds...

That game to start the '04 season ugh...I hated Clements...

And the fact that it is one position we do not need help in.

I'll cop to it - I think he was going to be a solid WR for the fish. Not a superstar, but a reliable 3rd down kind of guy, I dunno, Josh Reed or so.

Whoops.

The Dolphins had moved him to tight end, for what it's worth.

They all proved to be terrible, and are all on different teams now. I think I was a Hackett supporter.

Truth.

In the future, when everybody here is slathering all over some unsigned free agent, wondering why the Bills haven't made a push to sign him, I wish we could all remember this point.

I was actually hoping we'd sign him last offseason. Glad we didn't now. He seemed to have a knack for big plays at VT and in Jax, but now he's likely on his way out of the league. Couldn't cut it on a team without any really good WR's and also couldn't hack it at TE for the same team. Oh well, better the Dolphins wasted money than us.

Ya know, when lots of no-names have career or highlight reel days against the Bills, i somehow doubt its luck.