'Explosion' of Swine Flu Cases Predicted

Magox

I will be writing messages to Dwight in civilization's ashes.

"Dwight, you were so right: I saw zombies today. So sorry. Wish I had bought oil in March 2009 like you recommended. At least Jauron isn't coach anymore."

I'm not so sure about that last part.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Dwight, you were so right: I saw zombies today. So sorry. Wish I had bought oil in March 2009 like you recommended. At least Jauron isn't coach anymore."

Zombies need brains, which explains why Dwight will survive.

On the bright side, when the zombie apocalypse comes, Jauron will fit right in.

Sorry to present ideas and situations that are beyond the grasp of comprehension for the majority here.

Trust me, we understand your ideas. Everything's a harbinger of the Apocalypse.

That's why we constantly ridicule you.

I had a high (for me) fever and was pretty wiped out and congested with sore throat for about 4 days. As it ebbed, I got a massive runny nose. Also some squirts

Funny, I had the exact same symptoms as soon as I finished watching the Bills/Packers pre-season game.

It would be a lot easier if you just went commando, put a mirror on the floor, and looked down.

Save you the inconveinence of logging onto the intrawebs and all.

Would also cut down on the irritation of dealing with morons who can't spell any better than they can reason. :wallbash:

• 1 month later...
Let's see.....

From the Whitehouse itself now.....not some bunker-digging fruitcake like myself......

30-50% will get it. That's on top of normal illness.

Do you know what that will do to our splended economic "recovery"? If 50% of the working population misses an extra week of work/productivity because of this, and most of that happens over a 3-6 month period....without taking any quarrantine into account, we will lose 2-4% productivity on an annual basis over that time. Once again, that is without any proactive measures to keep the virus "under control".

If 100% of the hospital beds are filled with flu patients.....what else does that mean? Prepare to meet your friendly military men and women at the front door of the hospital! Having a heart attack or stroke? Good luck getting through the cirucs in time to get proper care. Oh....and since 50% of the population could be sick, that includes health care workers. I'm sure all those nurses aides making $8 an hour will just be RUSHING back to work to deal with this mess. I'm also sure the doctors and nurses won't be overworked.

Schools?

Police?

Garbage?

Snowplows?

Your Work?

Supermarkets?

Gasoline?

Get the drift?

So don't be shocked when we all take a "little timeout" to "let the virus take it's course".....in the meantime we'll just shut down 400 banks while the gettin is good. I mean...we're all on holiday anyway, right?

But then again....I'm just an idiot on a message board. It's not like your God in the Whitehouse is telling you what they are expecting now.

Yes, yes you are. You said the swine flu was peaking on Septamber 1 but somehow we made it to this point without your "little timeout."

BTW, why couldn't you have been right about missing part of the Bills season due to [insert whatever catastophy is the hot topic in your bunker now] this year? I wouldn't mind taking a "time out" at this point.

Keep up the good work man. You will get a prediction right one of these years.

Yes, yes you are. You said the swine flu was peaking on Septamber 1 but somehow we made it to this point without your "little timeout."

BTW, why couldn't you have been right about missing part of the Bills season due to [insert whatever catastophy is the hot topic in your bunker now] this year? I wouldn't mind taking a "time out" at this point.

Keep up the good work man. You will get a prediction right one of these years.

Well...he has been predicting disaster in an October time frame...and broadly speaking, we did see one this past Sunday...

Well...he has been predicting disaster in an October time frame...and broadly speaking, we did see one this past Sunday...

That disaster on sunday was followed by a bank holiday on monday! DD is on to something! :wallbash:

• 9 months later...

Are we still keeping score? I can't seem to remember.

The World Health Organization declared today that the swine flu pandemic is over, months after many national authorities started canceling vaccine orders and shutting down hotlines as the disease ebbed from the headlines.

I'd forgotten all about this thread...

Let's see.....

From the Whitehouse itself now.....not some bunker-digging fruitcake like myself......

30-50% will get it. That's on top of normal illness.

[...blah blah blah...]

But then again....I'm just an idiot on a message board. [...]

Well, you got ONE thing right... :)