'Explosion' of Swine Flu Cases Predicted

Magox

The point is that the mortality rate of those infected with Swine Flu is well under 1%. The apocalypse will have to wait for a more evolved flu.

Duh. This flu has been formulated to give immunity to most of the US. The next one, which will be more fatal, will be based on this same H1N1 formula but much more deadly. The thinking of the Illuminati is that the next one will kill a lot more of "them" than "us" because "we" will have more immunity.

Then lava will flow like hot sauce in our rivers.

Come on man. Follow the reasoning here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not overly concerned with the issue of health or dying or anything of that sort, but more so on the economic impact it could possibly have on the economy. If the projections of some of the bad case scenarios plays out, it will have a devastating outcome on our economy, and you can kiss the recovery good bye.

I posted this earlier, in Argentina, tourism was down by 50%, schools nationwide were closed for 2 weeks, some of the business industries were down as much as 80% in revenues and the streets of Buenos Aires were half full. This is what happens when Paranoia strikes, and whoever doesn't believe that it could happen here, really doesn't understand human behavior. I understand the dynamics of Argentina and U.S are not the same, but could you just imagine if it came to anything near those numbers here?

Now, I believe that a lot of people on this board may not be taking it seriously just for the fact that Dwight has some extreme views on some matters and he is a target of ridicule, but there are some very serious risks involved with this Flu. Not so much the direct impact, but the residual economic one that we could all be facing. Let's remember that this economy is on very shaky footing, and it wouldn't take much to have us dive back down again, the worst part about the risks involved with this is that it would directly affect us on the consumer front, which probably is the weakest part of our whole economy.

There is a decent chance that this may blow over, and it could be very mild and none of this plays out, but then again, it may not.

Duh. This flu has been formulated to give immunity to most of the US. The next one, which will be more fatal, will be based on this same H1N1 formula but much more deadly. The thinking of the Illuminati is that the next one will kill a lot more of "them" than "us" because "we" will have more immunity.

Then lava will flow like hot sauce in our rivers.

Come on man. Follow the reasoning here.

Mmmmmmm...hot sauce.

I am not overly concerned with the issue of health or dying or anything of that sort, but more so on the economic impact it could possibly have on the economy. If the projections of some of the bad case scenarios plays out, it will have a devastating outcome on our economy, and you can kiss the recovery good bye.

I posted this earlier, in Argentina, tourism was down by 50%, schools nationwide were closed for 2 weeks, some of the business industries were down as much as 80% in revenues and the streets of Buenos Aires were half full. This is what happens when Paranoia strikes, and whoever doesn't believe that it could happen here, really doesn't understand human behavior. I understand the dynamics of Argentina and U.S are not the same, but could you just imagine if it came to anything near those numbers here?

Now, I believe that a lot of people on this board may not be taking it seriously just for the fact that Dwight has some extreme views on some matters and he is a target of ridicule, but there are some very serious risks involved with this Flu. Not so much the direct impact, but the residual economic one that we could all be facing. Let's remember that this economy is on very shaky footing, and it wouldn't take much to have us dive back down again, the worst part about the risks involved with this is that it would directly affect us on the consumer front, which probably is the weakest part of our whole economy.

There is a decent chance that this may blow over, and it could be very mild and none of this plays out, but then again, it may not.

Oh, I take it seriously.

That doesn't make it any less fun, mocking Dwight because he's a panicky hypocritical dumbass.

I hear you....good for anyone who has made money on the move. I'd invest in hookers and booze before I would put anything into this market.

In the meantime.....I suggest you read the 86 page report. Tom just may get his football cancelled yet.

Some snippits for those too lazy to do any real research....

At least 30,000 will die from this flu in addition to the annual 30,000 from regular flu

Expected to blossom September 1st...and peak the 2nd week of October, at which point 1-2 MILLION Americans will get the flu each day

Most of the 90,000 projected dead will be ages 0-24

If you are 0-24 you have 20x the chance of getting the flu than someone 65+

Vaccines will not be ready in time for anticipated peak

It will be up to regional executives to decide on closing of work, school, sporting events etc. under current projected numbers

If there is a bigger outbreak such as 1918, authorities will need to close borders, deny personal rights, and confiscate valuable commodities as command is shifted to Department of Defense, Homeland Security, et. al (page 44 of report)

If outbreak is delayed.....massive vaccination program is in order

There are reccomended subsidies to workers and schools to make up for lost salary and state funding to encourage people to stay home if sick

White House Swine Flu Plan

Enjoy

This is great - I can put it all right into Outlook and plan the rest of my life accordingly.

How long until we hear about the Swine Flu Death Panels that will be setup to decide which H1N1 infectees get treatment and which will be slated to die? It's all in Obama's health care reform bill you know.

Ludicrous. A government run panel would never get around to actually making a decision.

So they're expecting between 30000 and 90000 deaths in the US because of the flu. Well an average of 45000 Americans die each year because of the flu. So what's the big deal? Sure there'll probably be more but what's with the big freak out?

So they're expecting between 30000 and 90000 deaths in the US because of the flu. Well an average of 45000 Americans die each year because of the flu. So what's the big deal? Sure there'll probably be more but what's with the big freak out?

The big freakout is, well...

People Freak out!

That paranoia Chef is a real phenomena, and it could have some serious economical implications.

The big freakout is, well...

People Freak out!

That paranoia Chef is a real phenomena, and it could have some serious economical implications.

My whole family probably had it including me. (Daughter is going through it now.) Feels like a cold (throuat/runny nose) with a high fever. Bit exhausting for a few days. Then it goes away and just leaves behind some runny nose. Doctors don't even bother testing for it.

My whole family probably had it including me. (Daughter is going through it now.) Feels like a cold (throuat/runny nose) with a high fever. Bit exhausting for a few days. Then it goes away and just leaves behind some runny nose. Doctors don't even bother testing for it.

My concern is more to do with human behavior and the development of the herd being struck with paranoia and the effects that can have on an already fragile consumer

My concern is more to do with human behavior and the development of the herd being struck with paranoia and the effects that can have on an already fragile consumer

Speaking only anecdotally, if I had H1N1 (and I either had that or a pretty bitchin' cold), I wouldn't be too worried. Fever, beaten up for a few days being tired. Whatever.

Buy stock in Scott's.

Now I have immunity. Nah nah Dwight.

Speaking only anecdotally, if I had H1N1 (and I either had that or a pretty bitchin' cold), I wouldn't be too worried. Fever, beaten up for a few days being tired. Whatever.

Buy stock in Scott's.

:o

J.A, that's only because you are a rational person. We are talking about the general public here

It's going around here in Atlanta. Two cases on the Georgia Tech campus, and a co-worker's son has a confirmed case, which means the co-worker will get it, and soon we'll get it. I've heard it lasts about a week. Did you take anything special for it?

It's going around here in Atlanta. Two cases on the Georgia Tech campus, and a co-worker's son has a confirmed case, which means he'll get it, and soon we'll get it. I've heard it lasts about a week. Did you take anything special for it?

I don't even know if I had it. Like I said, doctors aren't testing for it. It's a flu. If someone gets it bad (see the symptoms) they treat it like a bad flu.

All I know is that I had a high (for me) fever and was pretty wiped out and congested with sore throat for about 4 days. As it ebbed, I got a massive runny nose. Also some squirts but not bad on that front: I'm not generally one to have stomach-related issues. Basically, in the dead of Summer, I got a massive cold/flu. Wife had similar experience. Daughter has a higher fever (102.5) but less congestion.

I took acetaminophen to combat the fever. Benedryl at night so I didn't drown in congestion.

Buy stock in Scott's.

It warms my heart to know that after the coming apocalypse, you'll still be around to harass dwight drane, be it on a message board or on a cave wall.

It warms my heart to know that after the coming apocalypse, you'll still be around to harass dwight drane, be it on a message board or on a cave wall.

I will be writing messages to Dwight in civilization's ashes.

"Dwight, you were so right: I saw zombies today. So sorry. Wish I had bought oil in March 2009 like you recommended. At least Jauron isn't coach anymore."

I will be writing messages to Dwight in civilization's ashes.

"Dwight, you were so right: I saw zombies today. So sorry. Wish I had bought oil in March 2009 like you recommended. At least Jauron isn't coach anymore."

Drane won't be able to read your messages. He'll be too busy guarding his stash of silver from the hordes of zombie scavengers