Colonscopy Tomorrow, What A Pain In The Ass!!

Steely Dan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear all went well. Will have the fingers crossed on the polyp, but it's probably nothing to worry about.

Dude, get your fingers out of there.

Yuck!

Just got home a little while ago and took Cincy's advice to eat the pancakes!! MMmmmboy! That's good advice!! :blink:

They found a couple of polyps that they are sending for testing butt I'm not too concerned. The blood I think was from hemorrhoids.

Thanks for all of your concerns. There are some who sent me PM's with well wishes and thank you all. I couldn't respond to one due to his having replies disallowed but I hope he knows how much I appreciated it. :P

Hope the tests all come back OK, both for your sake and so we can make fun of you some more :ph34r:

That is what I thought... Good to get checked!

Did you ever smoke?

Pot like a fiend in college. Not much so since then.

Hope the tests all come back OK, both for your sake and so we can make fun of you some more :ph34r:

Have you read all of this thread? Making fun of me through this process hasn't stopped a lot of people, which I seriously do appreciate. :P

Jackasses!!

Pot like a fiend in college. Not much so since then.

Have you read all of this thread? Making fun of me through this process hasn't stopped a lot of people, which I seriously do appreciate. :thumbsup:

Jackasses!!

Steely,

Good luck with the results. Yes, I have read the entire thread, as I believe we're in the same demographic. It's going to be fine.

For the rest of you - talk to me when you've had a few prostate biopsies. THEN try to bust my balls. Too late. It's been done. You just can't imagine it until you've walked down the road...

"Heroes and Villians" - Brian Wilson

Just got home a little while ago and took Cincy's advice to eat the pancakes!! MMmmmboy! That's good advice!! :lol:

They found a couple of polyps that they are sending for testing butt I'm not too concerned. The blood I think was from hemorrhoids.

Thanks for all of your concerns. There are some who sent me PM's with well wishes and thank you all. I couldn't respond to one due to his having replies disallowed but I hope he knows how much I appreciated it. :thumbsup:

Glad to know all went well

You be SURE to follow the prep instructions you were given TO THE LETTER.

A take on colonoscopy by Dave Barry:

on the day before my colonoscopy, I began my preparation. In accordance with my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less flavor. Then, in the evening, I took the MoviPrep. You mix two packets of powder together in a one-liter plastic jug, then you fill it with lukewarm water. (For those unfamiliar with the metric system, a liter is about 32 gallons.) Then you have to drink the whole jug. This takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes -- and here I am being kind -- like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of lemon.

The instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense of humor, state that after you drink it, ''a loose watery bowel movement may result.'' This is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof, you may experience contact with the ground.

MoviPrep is a nuclear laxative. I don't want to be too graphic, here, but: Have you ever seen a space shuttle launch? This is pretty much the MoviPrep experience, with you as the shuttle. There are times when you wish the commode had a seat belt. You spend several hours pretty much confined to the bathroom, spurting violently. You eliminate everything. And then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another liter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your bowels travel into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten yet.

Eddie also told me that some people put vodka in their MoviPrep. At first I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this, but then I pondered what would happen if you got yourself too tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full Fire Hose Mode. You would have no choice but to burn your house.

:ph34r:

How is your butt today ? Still feel like the whole wall had there way with you ? :blink:

No, to be honest my butt was never sore. They knocked me out and did it and I woke up and no worse for wear except monumentally hungry!!

Deerball is more of a pain in the ass than a colonscopy. At least his wife says so. :ph34r:

I had several of those when I was a kid and you aint kiddin. They are extremely painful. Bone marrow biopsy's rank up there too! :wacko:

What did you need a spinal for? When I was three, I was in the hospital for a month and they did a spinal on me... I don't really remember, but I can still visualize the hospital and the room and cart full of blood samples... I also remember the ice bath (had a 107 degree fever which brought me there in the first place)... Eventually, I spent some time in traction and they diagnosed me with JRA... At first they thought I had spinal meningitis (probably the reason they gave me a spinal). This was like 1971... I take it was before Motrin (which always helps me today with flare ups)... I was on aspirin therapy for years as a child... :ph34r: Mix that in with the high level of noise I am subjected that at work and it is no wonder why I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) at times... I haven't heard the voices yet! :lol::blink:

BTW, I found a picture of my nurse on Strong's website

What did you need a spinal for? When I was three, I was in the hospital for a month and they did a spinal on me... I don't really remember, but I can still visualize the hospital and the room and cart full of blood samples... I also remember the ice bath (had a 107 degree fever which brought me there in the first place)... Eventually, I spent some time in traction and they diagnosed me with JRA... At first they thought I had spinal meningitis (probably the reason they gave me a spinal). This was like 1971... I take it was before Motrin (which always helps me today with flare ups)... I was on aspirin therapy for years as a child... :blink: Mix that in with the high level of noise I am subjected that at work and it is no wonder why I have tinnitus (ringing in the ears) at times... I haven't heard the voices yet! ;):lol:

My spinal cord opening at the base of the skull wasn't growing as fast as my brain was so it caused a backup of spinal fluid in my skull. They gave me multiple EEG's and they had to do multiple spinal taps to keep track of the pressure. They put me in the hospital for monitoring and the pressure got too high and they had to perform skull surgery on me to make the skull larger.

Pretty much no fun. I had to lie on an ice bed for a long time, don't know how long I was only about 8. That was back when there were only three major channels and couple of UHF channels and they treated kids like adults. There was nothing to play with just lie in bed and heal. :wacko:

Today kids have all sorts of crap to do in the hospital. Which is much, much, better now. :ph34r: