Colonscopy Tomorrow, What A Pain In The Ass!!

Steely Dan

Gotta get a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. :nana: I start prepping around 6pm. I've had one before so I know what to expect but if you haven't had one, and you eventually should, it's no picnic.

The last time I had one approx. 10 years ago they anesthetized me with Midazolam which doesn't knock you out but makes it so you don't remember a damn thing! Then they shove a camera up your sphincter and wind it along looking for anything out of the ordinary. It's a good thing medical science has progressed as it has because back in the day the cameras weren't so small.

What drives someone in medical school to say; "You know what. I think my specialty will be pushing things up peoples asses!" ? I get the whole gynecology thing but proctologist? :flirt:

I also don't get the podiatrists. Why would anyone want to look at peoples smelly feet all day?

My night is gonna be extremely :devil: ty. :cry:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta get a colonoscopy tomorrow morning. :nana: I start prepping around 6pm. I've had one before so I know what to expect but if you haven't had one, and you eventually should, it's no picnic.

The last time I had one approx. 10 years ago they anesthetized me with Midazolam which doesn't knock you out but makes it so you don't remember a damn thing! Then they shove a camera up your sphincter and wind it along looking for anything out of the ordinary. It's a good thing medical science has progressed as it has because back in the day the cameras weren't so small.

What drives someone in medical school to say; "You know what. I think my specialty will be pushing things up peoples asses!" ? I get the whole gynecology thing but proctologist? :flirt:

I also don't get the podiatrists. Why would anyone want to look at peoples smelly feet all day?

My night is gonna be extremely :devil: ty. :cry:

You be SURE to follow the prep instructions you were given TO THE LETTER.

Got it? Good.

Yeah, I do. The last thing I want is for them to say; "You didn't prep right. We'll have to reschedule." <_<

Well - there's that. Or getting fitted for a casket.

Your precious bodily fluids are (obviously) being flushed far out of the ordinary. You have to worry about decreasing intra and extracellular volume, and your electrolyte balance needs to be maintained. Failure to maintain means, among other things, destruction of your kidneys, diminished nervous system ability to operate things like your heart...a cascade of events. Including death. There are people who are 6 feet deep or ash cast to the wind simply because they didn't follow the straightforward instructions on a couple sheets of paper.

The prep is a voluntary invocation of massive diarrhea. Worldwide, dehydration secondary to diarrheal illness is the leading cause of infant and child mortality. It's up there for grown-ups, too.

Take a piece of paper, and jot down the schedule, write down the times when what you drank those large glasses of Gatorade and water and 7-Up or ginger ale and the Rx preparation were consumed. The margin for error is small.

I hope I have scared you...sh*tless. :wallbash:

A fentayl/valium blend seems to be the dope of choice these days. You will be an extremely pleasant fellow when you come out of it, and won't have the slightest idea of how you got home.

Well - there's that. Or getting fitted for a casket.

Your precious bodily fluids are (obviously) being flushed far out of the ordinary. You have to worry about decreasing intra and extracellular volume, and your electrolyte balance needs to be maintained. Failure to maintain means, among other things, destruction of your kidneys, diminished nervous system ability to operate things like your heart...a cascade of events. Including death. There are people who are 6 feet deep or ash cast to the wind simply because they didn't follow the straightforward instructions on a couple sheets of paper.

The prep is a voluntary invocation of diarrhea. Worldwide, dehydration secondary to diarrheal illness is the leading cause of infant and child mortality. It's up there for grown-ups, too.

Take a piece of paper, and jot down the schedule, write down the times when what you drank those large glasses of Gatorade and water and 7-Up or ginger ale and the Rx preparation were consumed. The margin for error is small.

I hope I have scared you...sh*tless. :wallbash:

A fentayl/valium blend seems to be the dope of choice these days. You will be an extremely pleasant fellow when you come out of it, and won't have the slightest idea of how you got home.

:doh:

Thanks Cincy! <_<

Good luck. I had one years ago when I was young. Didn't know what the hell I had back in 1994-1995... Did all kinds of tests. When I was young I did have JRA, yet didn't have a flare up since I was a teen. Back in 1994 I got sick with pneumonia... The x-rays cleared up but the symptoms didn't... Along with my inflammation count. Anyway the colonsopy wasn't that bad... The demerol helped. What I hated was the endoscopy... When the doc was clearing blockage in my lungs, it sounded like a Dremel tool going to work! Creepy!

Still don't know what I was suffering from that year... Eventually the symptoms burned themselves out before I ever began seeing a rheumatologist... Yet, my weight gain (I was down to 150 when sick and now up to 250... Even know I would like to be 220 again) seemed to help... As I started losing weight, the symptoms like inflammation and pain in the joints, lungs and night sweats got worse.

<_<:lol:

Wow. Yesterday you were "effing Lonnie Johnson" and now this! An anal extravaganza!!! :doh:

Seriously though, you said you went 10 years ago but I'm sure they should be more frequent. How often do you have to go now? I pretty sure I should go. I've never had one. I hope the test shows nothing. Good luck :wallbash:

<_<

Thanks Cincy! :wallbash:

You're welcome. I posted also for anyone else out there that faces (rears?) the fearful pipe. :doh:

BTW - have the friend that is transporting your recovered self take you to a breakfast joint for a heaping plate of pancakes. Soothing to the violated tissue, pleasurable to eat. Pound 'em down.

I suppose you might drool a bit because you will still be buzzed, but drooling and pancake consumption isn't out of the ordinary. Nobody will notice. Put it in your mind that it's really 4 AM and and there is unusually early sunrise today.

You'll do alright with this.

Wow. Yesterday you were "effing Lonnie Johnson" and now this! An anal extravaganza!!! <_<

Seriously though, you said you went 10 years ago but I'm sure they should be more frequent. How often do you have to go now? I pretty sure I should go. I've never had one. I hope the test shows nothing. Good luck :wallbash:

I don't know? This is for a specific problem to look into.

You're welcome. I posted also for anyone else out there that faces (rears?) the fearful pipe. :wallbash:

BTW - have the friend that is transporting your recovered self to a breakfast for a heaping plate of pancakes. Soothing to the violated tissue, pleasurable to eat. Pound 'em down.

I suppose you might drool a bit because you will still be buzzed, but drooling and pancake consumption isn't out of the ordinary. Nobody will notice. Put it in your mind that it's really 4 AM and and there is unusually early sunrise today.

You'll do alright with this.

I didn't think it was that bad... All I remember was sitting on the toilet for the better part of my afternoon shift (the night before the procedure) trying to down copeous amounts of fluid that I had to mix up from the powder form! I think that was for the colonsopy... Or maybe that was for another test I had?? I just know that the endoscopy was brutal!!!