Things You Don't See (or Hear) Anymore

Chef Jim

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I know there's a lengthy thread about the Kane boys' victimization and unjustified prosecution elsewhere - but is this the thread about recidivist-drunk unlicensed cabbies who operate illegally, lock you in the back of their cabs, overcharge on fares, and then steal your change? :devil:

State revokes new license of Kane cabbie

And I have to stick by what I said that you might just not be looking in the right places. While I admit that I don't like the direction toward which modern TV comedy is headed, there are plenty of high quality dramas out there. Weeds, The Wire, Mad Men, Lost, Breaking Bad, 24 (though it's gone downhill a little), The Shield, just to name a few stellar shows.

I think it's pretty telling that only 2 of these shows are on network tv. But anyway, any of the non-network shows I watch seem to run relatively short seasons. That adds to the mess.

And while we're on this subject, another thing you really don't see much of anymore: prime time reruns on network television (other than in the summer)

The "what's a map" comment in the GPS thread reminded me of a conversation I had with my wife last night. Things you don't see or hear anymore and most of them are recent dissapearances. I'll start.

1. A busy signal.

The record/album, when an artist says, "I have a new record/album out".

The record/album, when an artist says, "I have a new record/album out".

In fact, when an artist releases a new collection of music, no matter what the format, it is indeed an album (a collection) and a record of the performance. Both terms are perfectly acceptable for any format, IMO.

In fact, when an artist releases a new collection of music, no matter what the format, it is indeed an album (a collection) and a record of the performance. Both terms are perfectly acceptable for any format, IMO.

Perhaps. I still equate "record" and "album" to vinyl, the material. Otherwise, it's a CD, DVD or File. But that's just me and my Ortofon talking....