Things You Don't See (or Hear) Anymore

Chef Jim

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This is a test. For the next sixty seconds, this station will conduct a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test. If this had been an actual emergency, the Attention Signal you just heard would have been followed by official information, news or instructions. This concludes this test of the Emergency Broadcast System."

Rotary Dial Phones

Phone Booths

Wind-Up Wall Clocks (I have one, but they are rarely seen)

You know since when did the stardard change to either 60 year old grandmothers or gay guys?

Nothing has changed about who's on the plane. Gay guys are just more open about it, and the stewardesses are the exact same ones that were hot in the 70's. There's just not a lot of new blood coming in.

In my experience, I'd say the opposite. To the point where I have to run to the door so that someone isn't stuck there holding for me while I walk from 20 yards away. I hold doors for everyone, too.

Maybe it's where I work, but I always get these people who open the door just far enough so they can sneak in sideways. And since there are doctors offices throughout the building, that door usually ends up slamming into an elderly person. Me, even when I know there's no one behind me, I still look back to make sure no one else is about to walk in.

How about payphones in general?

I was going to say that I walk by two every day to work, but now that I think of it, they may have finally removed them. I'll have to actually pay attention tomorrow.