Maybin Update

The Dean

I haven't read past your post, so maybe it this has already been covered.

I agree that the Bills wouldn't pay Maybin far above the slotted numbers no matter what happens to Crabtree. But if the Bills are staying solid at the very low end of the slotted range, the Crabtree may move things to the middle of that range.

I'm not suggesting the Maybin camp should wait until Crabtree signs, but I can see that limited area where it might help. If they think they are going to get more than the slotted range from the Bills, they are nuts.

Agreed. And therein lies the rub... as fans, we don't know what the Bills are offering nor what Maybin may have asked. Hence, we don't really know if he's being low balled or if he's being stupid. And probably never will.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if Maybin isn't tweeting and Chafie isn't talking -- and we know how the Bills are about disclosing contracts -- that doesn't leave too many other sources, does it?

Maybin and his dumbass agent may be working a new theory: Maybin came out a year early and would have been a top five pick next year. Therefore, the Bills should pay as if he was the top 5 pick he was destined to be.

Whatever trick they're trying to play, they're using a null deck of cards. A Peters' ploy with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Maybin is a useless effing puke. Screw him and his agent too. Not only that, screw the front office who expected to improve our pressure off the end with a rookie. That plan is now screwed.

Dick Jauron. Wait, he is undead, will the seance still work?

And I wasn't trying to pressure John btw. He has been very helpful, just this situation sucks.

no worries, Booster. ...

what's oddly disturbing, though, is how some take this personally by calling players names, such as todd. ... unless you lost $10,000 on a bet on when Maybin would sign, because the date you picked has passed, well, that's a little strong.

jw

no worries, Booster. ...

what's oddly disturbing, though, is how some take this personally by calling players names, such as todd. ... unless you lost $10,000 on a bet on when Maybin would sign, because the date you picked has passed, well, that's a little strong.

jw

he's going to kill scott wood?

no worries, Booster. ...

jw

Relax! I only called him an effing puke, with a little useless thrown in. :-) It could have been worse.

I understand how you could take issue with the effing puke comment, but it is hard to argue with his lack of usefulness at the moment and how it will likely translate into lowered usefulness during the season. I also think my comments about the front office are difficult to argue against.

It is only a message board, and I'll be the first to cheer & be remorseful if I'm wrong. I hope I am.

Maybin is a useless effing puke. Screw him and his agent too. Not only that, screw the front office who expected to improve our pressure off the end with a rookie. That plan is now screwed.

Now that's the kind of talk I love to hear! <_<

(Can I bash Jason Peters now?)

But if Maybin isn't tweeting and Chafie isn't talking -- and we know how the Bills are about disclosing contracts -- that doesn't leave too many other sources, does it?

I guess you can only interpret attitudes from other players & coaches, and that isn't exactly great reporting. I wonder if the players' attitudes are slowly starting to change - didn't Mitchell comment that Maybin needs to be here or something of the sort?

Now that's the kind of talk I love to hear! <_<

(Can I bash Jason Peters now?)

Bash away, I'm sure there's more that could be said that hasn't been said yet. Better yet, start a Vick thread!

at which point we'd be able to call you names? hey, just asking.

jw

Sure, it's only a message board. If someone calls me names because Maybin is kicking butt, I'd actually be happy. I'd even send Maybin flowers in case I hurt his feelings, because I'm sure he's browsing this thread right now.