Maybin Update

The Dean

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think he does, but agents usually are great salesmen to their clients...convincing them that they should hang out and wait for the best offer. Maybin is young - and probably green enough - to let the agent run things, so it's possible that he just doesn't know any better.

I really do believe this the most accurate depiction of what is going on here. I'm a relatively young chap myself, but I remember how naive I was about money issues when I was 20 or 21 and just out of college...and nobody was throwing 30 million dollars at me.

Interesting choice of word.

So, given that Maybin surprisingly put on 25 pounds of muscle in 55 days to show up at the combine looking like another man---how much more weight do you expect him to "naturally put on" over the next few years?

Most men put on weight naturally between ages 20 & 30. I would bet you weigh more than you did at age 20 if you are older than that. If you are not over 20, trust me you will weigh more in the future. I would expect him to put on at least another 20 lbs by age 25.

I'm still laughing at the suggestion that the Bills are "laughingstocks" because Maybin is hitching his wagon to the Crabtree gravy train (in vain) and the Bills haven't caved-in on overpaying him. If any team if the laughingstock, it's the Raiders for not only reaching for DHB, but severely overpaying him.

Most men put on weight naturally between ages 20 & 30. I would bet you weigh more than you did at age 20 if you are older than that. If you are not over 20, trust me you will weigh more in the future. I would expect him to put on at least another 20 lbs by age 25.

Most men put on FAT in their 20's and 30's because they are far less active than in their youth. They don't add 10% of their weight as muscle.

Unless....as in Lori's post, they are engaged in some extreme form of training and purposeful mass bulking.

I particularly like the admisssion "we're secretive about exactly what we do, but it's effective." Looking at the diet shown--there is not nearly enough protein to ad 25 lbs of muscle in 8 weeks.

I won't even comment on the suggestion that his increased bulk at the combine was the result of drinking a lot of water right before....