Jonathan Stupar

Guest dog14787

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Schouman will be cut. He is the starting TE after all. I do think that Stupar will make the team. I think that Fine will be the odd man out. JMO.

Why is that I wonder. Never done much as far as I can tell, either as a blocker or to move the chains. I always figured it was by proxy - we had no-one else (save Robert frigging Royal).

Now we seem to have a guy that is big enough to block and still can get open and has soft hands. Why would Shouman start?

Guest dog14787
He's currently the 4th string TE and that is the best the Bills can talk about after the game. If that doesn't spell 3-13 I don't know what does.

I see lots of topics, need some glasses :huh:

Lack of a quality TE has been a huge part of Buffalo's offensive problems. The 4th string TE you speak of leads the NFL in receptions ( not just TE's, everyone) and is second in receiving yardage.

Finding a good TE is important and as well it should be, doesn't that make sense to you because it sure does to me.

I think it will be unfortunate if Stupar is placed on the practice squad...I wouldn't be surprised if placed on the PS, that some team picks him up for their roster.

In my opinion, Stupar is the Fred Jackson of this yr. He's lighting it up against the 2's and 3's. The incumbents have no rights to be entrenched. Let competition play out and may the best man make the roster.

We had best keep him. If we don't... why have a PRE-season? Fred Jackson demonstrated the same drive & ambition 3 yrs ago.

It's not like Stupar is behind a first round pick like Jackson is behind Marshawn. The starting TE job should be totally up for grabs at this point. I would like to see Stupar get a chance with the #1 offense in preseason to see how he performs.

Why are they not trying this guy with the first team offense? He has been a consistant target of both Fitz and the Chroise. He clearly knows how to get open and he his hands seems solid. He is definately a gamer. Considering Fine and Shouman have shown nothing this pre-season, they should give him a shot. They have 2 more preseason games, IMO he has already made the roster, let him play with the first team next game. At worst, he stinks and goes back to #3, at best you have found a diamond in the rough.

Why are they not trying this guy with the first team offense? He has been a consistant target of both Fitz and the Chroise. He clearly knows how to get open and he his hands seems solid. He is definately a gamer. Considering Fine and Shouman have shown nothing this pre-season, they should give him a shot. They have 2 more preseason games, IMO he has already made the roster, let him play with the first team next game. At worst, he stinks and goes back to #3, at best you have found a diamond in the rough.

I agree, I'm stupefied on why they haven't done it already.

(oh, come on, you knew it was coming)

Guest dog14787
I agree, I'm stupefied on why they haven't done it already.

(oh, come on, you knew it was coming)

The coaching staff is walking around in a stupor over the situation :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
My fear is that Stupar gets lost on the depth chart. Too bad because he seems to be the best receiving TE at the moment.

He's 4th (last) on the depth chart and still not seeing any snaps with the starters. :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
I heard Paul Hamilton on WGR just say he thinks the Bills will only keep three TE's, and Stupar isn't one of them. You have to love a team that uses TE's as a door stop.

:devil:

Like a stated earlier, if we cut Jonathan Stupar or even place him on the practice squad in an effort to justify our draft picks, all faith I have ( which isn't much ) in our coaching staff and FO will be completely gone. Judging talent properly plays a huge part in the success of a franchise.

Releasing Stupar would prove beyond a doubt just how bone headed our organization is under its current management. :thumbsup:

Like a stated earlier, if we cut Jonathan Stupar or even place him on the practice squad in an effort to justify our draft picks, all faith I have ( which isn't much ) in our coaching staff and FO will be completely gone. Judging talent properly plays a huge part in the success of a franchise.

Releasing Stupar would prove beyond a doubt just how bone headed our organization is under its current management. :thumbsup:

So true! Shoebottom and Not Very Fine could be the worst TE combo ever assembled in the league

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dog14787
At 6-3, 254 Lbs, TE Jonathan Stupar is making his presence felt on the football field.

Nephew of former NFL QB Jeff Hostetler, Jonathan Stupar attended State College Area high School where he set a School record his senior year with 45 receptions for 515 yards along with compiling 75 tackles on defense. Stupar also played on the basketball team and made honor role while in attendance. Jonathan Stupar continued on through College playing Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers where he recorded 80 receptions for 803 yards and 3 TD's. In his final year with the Cavaliers Stupar was coming on strong, finishing the year out with 40 receptions for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

When you watch Jonathan Stupar play its easy to see the man plays with allot of heart and he loves the game of football. Stupar has good hands, he's fearless going across the middle and he blocks well. What most folks don't know is Jonathan's love for football also turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. Ultimately, it may have saved the 23-year-old’s life. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG. So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved his life.

Now Jonatahn Stupar has his heart set on playing football in the NFL. I really hope the young man gets a chance to full fill his dream by earning a spot on the roster with the Buffalo Bills.

In light of our Tight End position becoming banged up and very thin and the excellent preseason Jonathan Stupar had, I find it frustrating the FO and HC has not addressed the issue properly.

Is this organization brain dead when it comes to the Tight End position or what. :thumbsup: