Jonathan Stupar

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

At 6-3, 254 Lbs, TE Jonathan Stupar is making his presence felt on the football field.

Nephew of former NFL QB Jeff Hostetler, Jonathan Stupar attended State College Area high School where he set a School record his senior year with 45 receptions for 515 yards along with compiling 75 tackles on defense. Stupar also played on the basketball team and made honor role while in attendance. Jonathan Stupar continued on through College playing Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers where he recorded 80 receptions for 803 yards and 3 TD's. In his final year with the Cavaliers Stupar was coming on strong, finishing the year out with 40 receptions for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

When you watch Jonathan Stupar play its easy to see the man plays with allot of heart and he loves the game of football. Stupar has good hands, he's fearless going across the middle and he blocks well. What most folks don't know is Jonathan's love for football also turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot ultimately may have led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG".

So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved young Stupar's life.

Now Jonatahn Stupar has his heart set on playing football in the NFL. I really hope the young man gets a chance to full fill his dream by earning a spot on the roster with the Buffalo Bills.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I didn't know he was Hostetler's nephew. He seems to be working his way to a spot on the team.

His Dad was a lineman for Penn State 1976-79 and Jonathan's brother (Nate Stupar) is a currently a LB for Penn State.

Guest dog14787
I would love to see him stay on the active roster over Schouman. I have not been impressed with DS. I think Fine has been a better blocker, and as reliable a reciever as well.

I don't really like giving up any of our TE's, but it looks like Buffalo has some tough decisions to make and not just at the TE position. As well as Jonathan Stupar has played so far early on he still may have a tough time making the team.

I don't really like giving up any of our TE's, but it looks like Buffalo has some tough decisions to make and not just at the TE position. As well as Jonathan Stupar has played so far early on he still may have a tough time making the team.

Has anyone seen anything out of Schouman to make it worth keeping him?

Guest dog14787
Has anyone seen anything out of Schouman to make it worth keeping him?

Trent Edwards, and TE may have a little say in the situation. :blink:

It would be nice if Jonathan Stupar could get some snaps with the first team to see how he performs with starters and competes against starters. This fella is just to good to let slip through our fingers.

Guest dog14787
I think given the new o-line (which is coming along quite well, by the way) and the time needed to gel, I'd be relying much more on the TE as a blocker.

Jonathan Stupar may be the most well rounded TE of the group and would help bolster the line in my opinion.

Just curious, if somebody makes a wisecrack about Penn State will Lori ban them? :censored:

Do you mean something like "Penn State educations are almost equal to Florida State educations in teaching players to pick bad agents."

-No-

Jonathan Stupar may be the most well rounded TE of the group and would help bolster the line in my opinion.

I know for a fact that he was here (in Orchard Park) for most of the offseason. He was always over at the stadium, working in the weight room and constantly trying to get himself in the best possible shape he could.

I'm very happy all of that work is paying off for him.

At 6-3, 254 Lbs, TE Jonathan Stupar is making his presence felt on the football field.

Nephew of former NFL QB Jeff Hostetler, Jonathan Stupar attended State College Area high School where he set a School record his senior year with 45 receptions for 515 yards along with compiling 75 tackles on defense. Stupar also played on the basketball team and made honor role while in attendance. Jonathan Stupar continued on through College playing Tight End for the Virginia Cavaliers where he recorded 80 receptions for 803 yards and 3 TD's. In his final year with the Cavaliers Stupar was coming on strong, finishing the year out with 40 receptions for 359 yards and 2 TD's.

When you watch Jonathan Stupar play its easy to see the man plays with allot of heart and he loves the game of football. Stupar has good hands, he's fearless going across the middle and he blocks well. What most folks don't know is Jonathan's love for football also turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jonathan Stupar was brought in as an undrafted free agent by the New England Patriots at the beginning of the 08 season where a broken foot led to a mended heart for Jonathan Stupar. Ultimately, it may have saved the 23-year-old’s life. During rehab Doctors found that Stupar was suffering from Wolfe Parkinson White Syndrome, a heart condition that can prove fatal.

“It’s a heart abnormality,” said Stupar. “I had an extra electrical circuit in the heart and it’s something they can only catch really on an EKG. So a broken foot suffered while practicing on the football field in essence may have saved his life.

Now Jonatahn Stupar has his heart set on playing football in the NFL. I really hope the young man gets a chance to full fill his dream by earning a spot on the roster with the Buffalo Bills.

Great story, good for young Stupar. :o

But if the Bills want to stretch the field with speed and tall talent, they should already be starting Nelson at tight end. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of these offensive coaches being so strict about talented rookies doing everything perfectly. Nelson doesn't even take one snap with Trent Edwards and the starters so far. Did the Bills brass watch that pass he caught from the third stringer in the corner of the end zone Saturday night?? I swear, sometimes I think these perpetual 7-9-0 coaches on the Bills' offense think they are the Patriots or Steelers in their minds. I railed all last year about them not allowing James Hardy to just go out and catch some passes over the heads of his defenders, especially in the red zone. They don't have a clue how to utilize Roscoe Parrish on offense with all of his speed. And now it looks like they are hiding Nelson on the bench because he can't block as good as the other three slower less talented tight ends on the roster. Mind boggling. :wallbash::censored:

Guest dog14787
Great story, good for young Stupar. :nana:

But if the Bills want to stretch the field with speed and tall talent, they should already be starting Nelson at tight end. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of these offensive coaches being so strict about talented rookies doing everything perfectly. Nelson doesn't even take one snap with Trent Edwards and the starters so far. Did the Bills brass watch that pass he caught from the third stringer in the corner of the end zone Saturday night?? I swear, sometimes I think these perpetual 7-9-0 coaches on the Bills' offense think they are the Patriots or Steelers in their minds. I railed all last year about them not allowing James Hardy to just go out and catch some passes over the heads of his defenders, especially in the red zone. They don't have a clue how to utilize Roscoe Parrish on offense with all of his speed. And now it looks like they are hiding Nelson on the bench because he can't block as good as the other three slower less talented tight ends on the roster. Mind boggling. :lol::lol:

Actually, I've heard talk that suggests the coaching staff is every bit as anxious to get Shawn Nelson on the field with the starters as you are and we may seem him playing with TE quicker than you might expect. Blocking still has to be a top priority because if we can't keep our QB's protected long enough to deliver a strike its all for not..