Nic Harris played with first team?

Lenigmusx

I didn't see the game last night but in reading articles I was lead to believe Harris played in the first quarter. Does anyone know who he was in for (Please tell me Ellison). Harris just seems like the fit to replace Ellison I hope that Perry is thinking the same thing. The kid just seems to make plays. Thoughts anyone?

I didn't see the game last night but in reading articles I was lead to believe Harris played in the first quarter. Does anyone know who he was in for (Please tell me Ellison). Harris just seems like the fit to replace Ellison I hope that Perry is thinking the same thing. The kid just seems to make plays. Thoughts anyone?

I we keep on trying eventually we will find a small guy that can play anyway

The first team D only had 2 series I believe. The second team D played against the Bears first team O and held their own--forcing a punt that Rhodes muffed and then keeping the Bears out of the endzone after the TO. Harris made a nice deflection of a Cutler pass attempt on third down at the goal line.

It was impressive that the second team D did so well...it was the whole second team.

The first team D only had 2 series I believe. The second team D played against the Bears first team O and held their own--forcing a punt that Rhodes muffed and then keeping the Bears out of the endzone after the TO. Harris made a nice deflection of a Cutler pass attempt on third down at the goal line.

It was impressive that the second team D did so well...it was the whole second team.

both 2nd team DEs outplayed the starters too.

Harris played great and was all over the field, there was the one TD which was his fault. However:

1- it was an aggressive mistake, not a passive one like we are so used to seeing

2- He CRUSHED the QB when he made the hit, and it was legal

3- It wasnt a mental mistake like it looked. Harris was covering the back in the flat, and was within 5 yards of the LOS. Harris pushed the back from behind, then attacked the QB. He did this same move earlier in the game to force a throw away. The thing was that he didnt knock the back over like he did the first time he performed the same move. TKO used to do this for the Bills, I remember his once int for TD vrs Miami, and I think it is a real heads up play. With your man laying face down on the ground you are free to attack the QB. Yea he got burnt for a TD this time, but I would bet he hits his receiver a lot harder next time. I LOVE his aggressive play.

Nic Harris looks to be a player. I loved the play (2nd quarter?) where the QB rolled right and threatended to either run or dump off to the TE. Harris leveled the TE from behind and then tackled the QB for no gain. Incidentally, Chicago tried the same play in the fourth quarter with Harris defending, but that time the TE kept his balance and scored a TD. Harris generally run bltized well and came close to making a few plays in the backfield. It's obvious to me Harris has the size and speed for the job. He looked like a starter out there.

both 2nd team DEs outplayed the starters too.

Couldn't agree more. If anyone was looking for Chris Ellis yesterday he was in one of two places:

In the QBs face or around the football. I am very excited to see what he can do this year. Copeland Bryan looked great too. Very fast.

Couldn't agree more. If anyone was looking for Chris Ellis yesterday he was in one of two places:

In the QBs face or around the football. I am very excited to see what he can do this year. Copeland Bryan looked great too. Very fast.

Yeah - Ellis was a bit of a shock last night. Before camp I figured he was going to be one of the many cuts. He certainly made a case last night not to be. Not sure how well he is holding up against the run but if he can do this then Kelsey looks to be a cut.

Thorner7 - We post about the same two plays at the same exact time. Weird.

Are you stealing my water? -- Mayor West

But its nice to see we saw the same things... gotta love his aggressiveness. We need 10 more guys on the D with his intensity.

Yeah - Ellis was a bit of a shock last night. Before camp I figured he was going to be one of the many cuts. He certainly made a case last night not to be. Not sure how well he is holding up against the run but if he can do this then Kelsey looks to be a cut.

I'd imagine they'd cut Denney over Kelsay...that would be less money to eat...

Are you stealing my water? -- Mayor West

But its nice to see we saw the same things... gotta love his aggressiveness. We need 10 more guys on the D with his intensity.

could a woman really be mayor?

hahaha

I'd imagine they'd cut Denney over Kelsay...that would be less money to eat...

I think Kelsay goes. He and Denney are comparable and RW saves more by cutting Kelsays ridiculous contract

Denny is in the last year of his contract. His salary is $ 2,400,000

Kelsey makes $3,000,000 this year and is scheduled to make $3,700,000 in 2010.

I don't know if they have any incentives/bonuses in addition to the base salary.

As I've said in the past, Nic Harris is Oglethorpe. That kid is to the defense as Wood is to the offense. Not "nasty", which is a term one should reserve for pre-schoolers. Harris (and Wood) are one step from "manslaughter", and are paid well to be one step from manslaughter. It's a strange sport, but I tune in every week.

"Graceland" - Paul Simon