Chris Collinsworth, A good replacement for Madden?

DCbillsfan

What do think of replacing Madden with Collinsworth? I didn't care too much for him as a WR for the Bengals but I tend to like him as an announcer. He has opinions and isn't afraid to speak his mind unlike most announcers.

He is too vanilla, not even one of the top ten announcers out there, but can you replace Madden?

On a semi-related note, I'm really looking forward to the MNF booth w/ Tirico, Gruden & Jaws. No more Kornheiser to ruin the games.

Me too. Every one of them is better than the person they replaced (going back to the days of Michaels being on MNF - dude is way too full of himself). It's going to be cool to listen to two really smart football guys and the understated Tirico.

I could only stomach through to halfway of the second quarter as the Bills look like last year's squad, but liked Collinsworth. He was blatantly honest a couple times instead of spinning what he saw to be a positive. Only one I remember is when Levitre got embarrassed, he said something like the Bills should be very nervous after seeing that. As opposed to saying he's making a rookie mistake.

I could only stomach through to halfway of the second quarter as the Bills look like last year's squad, but liked Collinsworth. He was blatantly honest a couple times instead of spinning what he saw to be a positive. Only one I remember is when Levitre got embarrassed, he said something like the Bills should be very nervous after seeing that. As opposed to saying he's making a rookie mistake.
He bashed Lil Donte's total lack of production, thought that was pretty good.

He's OK. They could've done worse, they could've done better.

On a semi-related note, I'm really looking forward to the MNF booth w/ Tirico, Gruden & Jaws. No more Kornheiser to ruin the games.

I feel the same about Collinsworth. I too am looking forward the MNF this year. I really like Jaworski as a commentator. Would rather have seen Vermiel land in either spot than Gruden or Collinsworth though.

A complete jerk. He did the Olympics and asked one of the participants if he was embaressed or ashamed to be an American. Something like "is in it a uncool thing to be an American any more". I hope the SOB chokes on the microphone and dies. Burn in hell you bastard.

A complete jerk. He did the Olympics and asked one of the participants if he was embaressed or ashamed to be an American. Something like "is in it a uncool thing to be an American any more". I hope the SOB chokes on the microphone and dies. Burn in hell you bastard.

Tell us how you really feel...

Seriously, I've never liked Collinsworthless, either. He's always been an egotistical blowhard dating back to his days on 'Inside The NFL'.

I can't stand Collinsworth

I agree...he never has anything good to say about the Bills (not much to work with I understand) but he was just terrible on Inside the NFL. The only commentator/co-host worse than him is Dan "beebee eyed" Marino..both are TOOLS..

I don't want to sound condescending, but I almost think it's to the point that if you don't like Collinsworth, then you're simply not a serious football fan. Is he kind of dorky? Of course. Can he be a little bit arrogant sometimes? I suppose. Now I've never heard that quote about the Olympics, but clearly we're missing some context with that one or else there would have been more of an uproar about that. But anyway, nobody in the business breaks down football plays and players as efficiently as Collinsworth and nobody else tells it like it is like Collinsworth. Madden is a legend but his insight was Football 101, whereas Collinsworth is for grad school students of the game- which clearly there are very few of on here. Deion Sanders? Makes me wonder about this board. Collinsworth is the best in the business. Period.